All Chests, Maidens, & Runes (Corrected/Complete)

Sith Elite

The existing guide is not accurate, so I decided to post a corrected version. I used the guide submitted by dtolley and added the changes suggested by JieXY. I also removed all the boss tips because there is a separate guide for that. I got all the collection achievements with no trouble.

Chest, Maiden, and Rune Locations

RUINS (2 chests)

Starting the game you'll be in what I would call a training stage. You'll be fighting different colored wraiths. Once you get to the end of the area, on the far right side you should see chest # 1. In this same area go to the left of the screen and then come back toward the camera near the snowpile, chest # 2 is there.

PIRATE (6 chests, 2 maidens, 1 rune)

Part 1: As soon as you start, come back towards the camera, chest # 3 is on the right. Head forward fighting a few enemies and you should see chest # 4 in sight on the left side. There will be some vines on the left side soon, break them to find Maiden # 1. Proceed forward until you see some vines on the right, break them to find chest # 5. Continue on your way to the area at the dock. After crossing the bridge, you'll encounter a Captain. In this area, chest # 6 is behind the elevator.

Part2: You'll be shown the green runes # 1, so if you miss them, you might as well quit playing now. Continue playing and after the first ship battle, (where you have to shoot arrows at the ship) you will find chest # 7 on the second ledge where the two archers are. After the second ship battle there will be a path on the right. Chest # 8 and maiden # 2 are here.

DESERT (5 chests, 1 rune)

You will come across a cart that is blocking your path. After moving it out of the way you'll be in an area that you will have to knock a pillar over to climb up. This area also has green runes # 2. Kill everyone, knock pillar over, climb up and head left. Break far left gate to find chest # 9 You will come to an area that you have to slide a pillar over and knock some pillars down to pass. Knock the first pillar down and climb to the second level. Go to the far left and break another gate to find chest # 10. You should have no problem finding the next two chests. After climbing up next to the falling sand, you should see some more breakable gates. Break these to find chest # 11 and chest # 12

The next chest will be found during the dragon fight. Once you fight him a couple times a cut scene will show you hanging on to a tower and it's falling down. Start climbing and you'll see chest # 13 on the left about halfway up.

VOODOO (10 chests, 6 maidens, 3 runes)

Part 1: Start burning all the huts down. One of the huts on the right side contains chest # 14. Maiden # 3 is also on the right pretty close to this area. Be sure to get red rune # 1 here as well. After burning through the blockage, burn all the huts (and the leather hut) You will find chest # 15, chest # 16, chest # 17, and chest # 18 here. In a few you should come to a save point. Grab some fire and back-track to some briars that can be burned. A couple lions will jump down, so watch it. Climb up the ledge to get chest # 19. Break the barrier into the next section, go left and find chest # 20 and maiden # 4. You will then see a cutscene of Conan saving a maiden. There will be maiden # 5 next to yellow symbol windstone. Burn hut next to blue symbol windstone for chest # 21.

Part 2: Kill monkeys and find the green runes # 3. Next room you will see a health urn on the left. Climb up there and you'll find chest # 22. In the next section, follow the path next to the tar and go up the ramp. A monkey comes through the wall and reveals maiden # 6. You will come to a spot where you have to break a chain and pull the wall down. Maiden # 7 is right next to you. In this area you will find blue runes # 1. Follow along right wall next to tar and another monkey will break through to show you chest # 23. Maiden # 8 is on right wall by monkey next to blue rune.

NIGHTS (15 chests, 10 maidens, 3 runes)

Part 1: Go right and knock boulder out of your way. Jump over to the next ledge and activate red runes # 2 and then jump down to get chest # 24 Next area you will burn all the tents and find chest # 25, chest # 26, and chest # 27. Go past the boat to the end of the dock and save maiden # 9. On boat, go left first and below deck you will find chest # 28 and chest # 29. Next boat dock, maiden # 10 at end of dock. On boat, right side below deck chest # 30 behind some crates.

Part 2: At start, go left for chest # 31. Go all the way right and towards camera to go down the dock to find chest # 32. Next section you'll find red runes # 3. (Don't knock over the pillar until you have the red runes.) Climb up to the area with all the worm/birds. In the right corner you will see chest # 33. Climb up wall and on the fifth or six ledge, the camera will change to show the bridge. Jump to the left instead of going toward the bridge and you will find chest # 34. Climb up to ledge right before bridge and go left again to find chest # 35. At bridge level on left you will see a breakable door, bust it down to find savepoint and maiden # 11. Cross bridge and next room on the right you will find another breakable door with chest # 36 and maiden # 12. Another room or two away you will see maiden # 13 and maiden # 14. In the courtyard, you will find maiden # 15, maiden # 16, and blue runes # 2. Climb scaffolds, hit savepoint, knock over pillar, and find maiden # 17 and chest # 37. Go into next room and find chest # 38 behind some vases next to the stairs.

ARGOS MOUNTAINS (5 chests, 1 maiden, 1 rune)

Climb up to top avoiding boulders and go left without dropping down to next level. The camera should turn to show chest # 39. Get to castle area and use arrows to destroy statues in the right and left corners and the crates at the end of the dock. This gives you access to the blue runes # 3. Chest # 40 on top of the tower next to one of the blue runes. Hit the levers, open the gate, and go left to find maiden # 18. Inside castle, go to the rooms on each side of the stairs to get chest # 41 and chest # 42. Maiden # 19 is behind a breakable wall in the left room. Making your way back outside on a balcony, climb up the wall, head left, take down two breakable doors, and find chest # 43.

CITY IN FLAMES (7 chests, 3 maidens, 1 rune)

Hugging the edge close to the camera, go right and drop off ledge to find maiden # 20 and green runes # 4. Continue down the road all the way down to the right to find chest # 44. Put out fire, climb and drop down. (you may hear the maiden, but you can't get to her from here) Climb up awning to savepoint. Go right and follow it to find a breakable wall with maiden # 21. Drop down, go towards pillars that have fire behind them to find chest # 45. Right next to that, where the lions came out, you will find maiden # 22. Open gate, climb awning, break wall on left for chest # 46. Circle around to other side to get chest # 47. Now drop down and go left, busting door down, to find chest # 48. You 'll come up to a savepoint with chest # 49 and chest # 50 right beside it.

SNOW MOUNTAINS (7 chests, 2 maidens, 2 runes)

After two or three lion fights, you should see some pillars on the left with chest # 51. From here, backtrack about 10 steps and notice the square shaped rock to climb up. Follow the path, drop into a building, to find blue runes # 4. From the second blue rune, you should see a ramp with maiden # 23. In the caves, hit the savepoint, hug left wall, jump tar, and climb wall for chest # 52. When you are climbing the wall and avoiding tar (which makes you fall and die), instead of jumping straight to the right to a platform, you should jump downwards when at the last ledge and follow the ledges, you will see a chest # 53 lying on a small platform. After breaking down wall by pulling chain, hug the far side until you see a wall to climb. (should be a boulder monkey there) You will find maiden # 24 here. Kill stuff, lift door, and go right until statue comes alive. Behind where the statue stood is chest # 54. Come back towards camera side and follow wall to reveal chest # 55. Knock stone down hole and continue. Go right to knock over a pillar and see red runes # 4. (this one will be the second one you will need to hit) Go left, knock over pillar, cross it, notice red rune and knock over another pillar to create a bridge to the exit. Now you should hit this rune first, run to the other one you saw, and then cross the new formed bridge, the final red is to your right as soon as you cross the bridge. If you miss it, sorry, but the bridge you crossed was a checkpoint. You'll need to reload your save to get to it again. Next room hit save point, go left to get chest # 56 and then go right. Pull chain, break wall, and go straight to breakable wall with chest # 57. Break wall by pulling chain, kill the two statues, find two breakable walls with savepoint and chest # 58.

FINAL (5 chests)

When you start, camera is facing you and door. go to your left and see chest # 59. At the next savepoint, kill stuff, then jump to next part of level, go right, (by the tar) get chest # 60. Work your way forward go to the left side near statue and find chest # 61. Grab boulder from behind statue, break right wall to find chest # 62. After climbing up and fighting several enemies and statues, chest # 63. is behind where the left statue was.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay so I've gone through the game several times and this is the last achievement I have to get (getting all the chests). Now, I'm pretty sure I've gotten all the chests up to Fallen City/City in Flames. If I recall chests 49/50 are at the savepoint in the hallway before the boss correct?

During my playthrough I didn't see 49/50 at that spot, and I seem to remember seeing it once upon a time. Is there a possibility these chests don't appear, and if so does anyone know the condition to get them to appear? I'd rather not like to go through the game solely for the chests, which is why I saved at the savepoint on the balcony before this point just to make sure.

Thanks in advance.

---EDIT

Didn't lurk enough, apparantly those two chests require you to save the villagers outside prior to entering the hallway. I'm going to try that and then see what happens.

Edited by Ruq

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Um.. Not sure what I did but I found an extra chest in between #56 & #57. It was right above the save point, before using the chain to tear down the wall. The achievement popped before getting chest #63. Lucky I guess:woop:

Edited by SteeminHotKarl
wrong numbers

• 1 month later...
Um.. Not sure what I did but I found an extra chest in between #56 & #57. It was right above the save point, before using the chain to tear down the wall. The achievement popped before getting chest #63. Lucky I guess:woop:

Same here, neither of the collectible guides mention it. I did, however, look at a walkthrough on gamefaqs and he mentions it there so idk.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well done

Just so everyone knows:

If you are actually counting your secrets after each level to "make sure" it will show you only got 5 secrets on the desert level instead of the 6, BUT it still counted for the achievement...if you continue to get the rest of the treasure chests the achievement will still unlock

• 3 weeks later...
Okay so I've gone through the game several times and this is the last achievement I have to get (getting all the chests). Now, I'm pretty sure I've gotten all the chests up to Fallen City/City in Flames. If I recall chests 49/50 are at the savepoint in the hallway before the boss correct?

During my playthrough I didn't see 49/50 at that spot, and I seem to remember seeing it once upon a time. Is there a possibility these chests don't appear, and if so does anyone know the condition to get them to appear? I'd rather not like to go through the game solely for the chests, which is why I saved at the savepoint on the balcony before this point just to make sure.

Thanks in advance.

---EDIT

Didn't lurk enough, apparantly those two chests require you to save the villagers outside prior to entering the hallway. I'm going to try that and then see what happens.

If anyone is still having this problem (for those of us late in checking the game out)...

If you do not kill the 3 archers up on the balcony BEFORE you open the door, the 2 treasure chests (#49 and #50) will not be there.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So I have a theory regarding the two chests that are only there if you kill the archers. Namely, that they're "bonus" chests. Because I accidentally missed some chest somewhere in an earlier level (I was following the guide, but maybe I died and forgot to get the chest again or something), and when I got the second-last chest, I got the achievement. And other people have reported getting the achievement earlier in the last level, when they still had 2 chests to go.

So I'm guessing that those two add to the numerator, but not the denominator, in the fraction of chests gotten.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

For CITY IN FLAMES...one thing I noticed w/regards to "You 'll come up to a savepoint with chest # 49 and chest # 50 right beside it." .... just before you go through the door where the savepoint is, you are in a small courtyard with 3 archers shooting at you from a balcony...you will need to take them out (just throw your sword at them) ... once all three are dead only then go through the door, as and the chests will be next to the save point....on my first attempt I just let them be and opened the door, and at that point is was only a savepoint and no chests....

Thanks for the guide. Got all the achievements accept the one for all chests. Followed the guide to the letter but I guess I missed one somewhere. Probably happened at one of the check points where I died and then forgot to pick it up again.

One of the chests that I feel people are missing is during the Well Of Dreams act.

There's a point in the game where you have to cross several ledges while trying to avoid tar raining down on you. At the very last one, make sure that you jump below and hit the ledge and then the ground. Head a little bit to the right and there's the treasure chest. I feel like people are missing that one A LOT. That was the one I missed, because I got every other chest (including the two after killing the three archers in Argos) and still didn't get the achievement. So I did another playthrough, using the IGN guide, and finding them all.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i think you should go back over this whole list and learn to COUNT properly like 6 year olds can.

you start off your guide by saying the others are not accurate so you are going to save us all with a "better" guide.

i just finished doing the "NIGHTS" section. i count only 9 maidens both in game and on my list.

for you this somehow amounts to 10 and thusly causes confusion. my nephew could count better BEFORE he even made it to school. What is your excuse?