'Grease Monkey' Achieve Glitch

FailedLogic

I just paid for the last upgrade and it didn't unlock. I'm not sure if you're supposed to just upgrade all the weapons once or max them all out. I have maxed them out and it still didn't unlock. Heads up to any other people that might run into the same prob.

Last weapon that I upgraded:

Magetar: level 3

I got enough pts on the first level.

Those are the conditions, just in case.

Edited by FailedLogic

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I also upgraded the Jetpack to level 3. I'm having a hard time finding out how to reset the damn game. I've deleted the game save yet still nothing. Every time I go back into the game trying to start a new game, it has all my previous journals + all the upgrades I have already acquired. I think I'm out of luck for that achievement!

I'm not really sure how/why this glitched for you guys. I got this tonight after farming tech points and it unlocked right away.

Did you guys try beating the a level or beating the last level?

Yes my friend, just beat the last level again and still no achievement.

This is the last I need.

Oh, and by the way, thanks for the superb guide.

Possible Solution...

Myself and all my friends who have played DARK VOID, have the 1000 G. We were all aware of the Grease Monkey achievement being possibly glitched. What we may have done differently was after grinding out our money we made sure that we purchased our last level three upgrade from one of the actual IN GAME weapon boxes. NOT the upgrade screen that you have access to Before and After an episode.

So my question for those who have unfortunately experienced this BS Glitch, what method did you purchase your final upgrade from? An in game Weapon Box, or the before/after upgrade screen.

Hope this helps...

Possible Solution...

Myself and all my friends who have played DARK VOID, have the 1000 G. We were all aware of the Grease Monkey achievement being possibly glitched. What we may have done differently was after grinding out our money we made sure that we purchased our last level three upgrade from one of the actual IN GAME weapon boxes. NOT the upgrade screen that you have access to Before and After an episode.

So my question for those who have unfortunately experienced this BS Glitch, what method did you purchase your final upgrade from? An in game Weapon Box, or the before/after upgrade screen.

Hope this helps...

Well, so guess i´m screwed. I´ve purchesed the majority of weapons upgrades, including the very last one from the "before the mission starts screen". And there is no way I´m finishing this game one more time.

So, any sugestions? I´ll be very gratefull.

well i too just got glitched out of this one i upgraded the last weapon at a weapons box in an actual lvl and nothing so i now have fireworks and this one not willing to pop so thats that i give up theres nothing left for me to try :(

As well as I.

Gave up yesterday, stuck with 970G. I´m not going to play this again, it´s a good game, but not so good to a second playthrough.

But regarding the fireworks achievement, keep trying, I did it in the The Revolt mission, but it took WAY MORE than 10 kills to pop up.

Whether you purchase your last upgrade from a weapon locker or do it on the start menu makes no difference. I purchased my last from a weapon locker, and still got no achievement. The fact is, Crapcom shouldnt have released the game so soon,in its blatant unfinished state. In defending the ark the entire scenery just vanished and i could fly right out of the level. In the Survivors level i can fly underneath the level everytime. Someone needs to get onto Crapcom to release a patch for Grease Monkey and the entire game

hey sorry to be the bearer of bad news here, but i upgraded my last weapon on the screen prior to starting a level and still got the achievement. i can assure you that you don't HAVE to upgrade your weapons in the locker. only thing different that i did was grind until i had about 76,000 points then upgraded my last 4 guns at once. maybe just don't wait till you only have one gun left to upgrade? besides that don't know what to tell you guys

hey sorry to be the bearer of bad news here, but i upgraded my last weapon on the screen prior to starting a level and still got the achievement. i can assure you that you don't HAVE to upgrade your weapons in the locker. only thing different that i did was grind until i had about 76,000 points then upgraded my last 4 guns at once. maybe just don't wait till you only have one gun left to upgrade? besides that don't know what to tell you guys

its ok its not your fault lol. there is updates for a reason but i hope this game dont end up like ghostbusters or cars race o rama and never get a fix. im debating on doing a fast easy run to breaking camp then grinding and buying them all at 1 place. i dunno i got way too many other games i wanna play.. :(

EDIT: how the hell you supposed to start a new game i deleted my save and cleared my cache and when i start new i still have upgrades and journals?