predictions for added features in gears 2

khamelion

i know its very early to think of things that could be added when we only have a teaser video to go by but it seems there might be a way to run with the chainsaw revved without glitching. i think some things which should be added are:

1. tripping chainsaw users. if someone is running headfirst at you with chainsaw all ready do slice you, a few well placed shots to the legs should make the other person fall over and land on his revved lancer. you can probably guess what happens next

2. removing grenades from teammates. i think a few people out there are sick of people trying to grenade stick everyone but doing something like above would make sticking people near worthless over the shotgun. what should happen is when someone is stuck with one, a teammate has a few seconds to get over to the victim and pressing x will take the grenade out, can quickly aims and throws it away. used well, the sticker will get killed by his own grenade, but too slow and both people get blown to bits.

i cant think of anymore things to put at the moment but anyone can share what could be added to the game

Edit: i completely forgot about the upcoming games forums so thanks to whoever moved this

For one, I would like to see a flamethrower, or something that is alike. In the campaign that would have been so useful against those little bastards that keep jumping around.

Two, I hope there will be a ranking system, I'm tired of having no challange everytime I play GoW because some people just started playing gears.

Removing grenades from teammates sounds actually quite good idea :).

1. Blocking chainsaw/melee hits: When timed right, player can defend himself from people who run at them swinging their weapon or revving their chainsaw, without needing to stand dumb and idle while they get downed.

2. More cool weapons: Pretty obvious, but I'd like to see a more heavier machine gun, that could be used to blow people's heads and bodies to pieces with sufficient amount of damage, but it would be balanced with making the carrier slower or something.

3. New grenades/explosives: Perhaps a sonic grenade; when you get caught in it's blast radius, your screen would suffer some kind of an effect, even worse one if you are tagged by one.

I doubt this will be on the game but anyway. A game type thats just like any other type, but it has a Berserker that kills ppl from both teams. Like it would be cool if for example, you down someone and just when you think that the round is yours the berserker appears and chops ur head off. Sweet!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im a bit worried about this as i cant see there being a better game than GOW multiplayer but if they made bigger maps they could put in a free for all type where you can still revive each other(friends) but its everyone out for themselves really and i hope they make it possible for the old maps are available even just the most popular ones (Gridlock , war machine and Raven down IMO)

The main thing I wish they would fix is the online system. It was annoying not being able to party up with your previous team mates. If you play with a team and played well together should be able to just click X and be in a party together. But I guess they didn't do that so people wouldn't attack the online achievements and get them cheaply.

Oh that leads me to another thing. Not so many dang online achievements because it gets really annoying hearing people ask if this can be an achievement match.

So far the pretty much confirmed stuff is:

-Poisen grenades

-New pistol (forgot name.)

-Chaninsaw duel

I'd just really like them to fix the glitches, host advantage, people quitting and some of the graphics like example; spinning around while curbstomping someone..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I doubt this will be on the game but anyway. A game type thats just like any other type, but it has a Berserker that kills ppl from both teams. Like it would be cool if for example, you down someone and just when you think that the round is yours the berserker appears and chops ur head off. Sweet!

Yes! I used to talk about this back when I still played Gears regularly. That would be a blast to have an unpredictable environment specific for to deal with in addition to the other team.

The bottom line is GOW was a blast and needed some improvements. The party system is a must and I hope they have it in GOW 2. New weapons are fine but I believe there should be multiple choices for game type. There should be a private and public player match, a ranked match for all skill levels-no player ranking, and a ranked match for specific skills-player ranking. The glitches like weapon sliding sucked along with some other that I am sure will be fixed. The default weapons need and overhaul. There is no way a shot gun should hurt me when the other player is more than 40 yards away (active or not). There also needs to be a couple of assult rifles. The hammer burst was great and they should include weapons like that. I sure hope the running shotty is taken care of aswell because there is now way someone can run right at you and kill you with the shotty as you are blasting them with the lancer. Maybe they should include a feature that when you are being hit by bullits, it takes you out of your running mode just like shooting a guy that has the chainsaw running and coming at you.

I think they should have a martydom type thing where if you get down you can drop a grenade, They should have a different exucution with every type of gun

all of what you said i think has been comfirmed in a magazine, no idea which one but i saw it on joystiq. you can also flag other people so they know where you are downed and you can also crawl while downed

edit:i found a similar page in another thread http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/05/24/gears-of-war-2-x360-multiplayer-details-confirmed/

im interested in the new Wingman mode. i have no idea how that would work, 2 people controlling a normal character or maybe some kind of mutant thing

Edited by khamelion

• 3 weeks later...

I think the player has some more choice when he is downed, and it makes it a bit more tedious when making the choice of getting close to the enemy. And the curb stomping will be different on every character, so i can imagine the younger COG members would be a bit more tender when 'curb stomping' (oxymoron).

I think a melee weapon should be used when performing an exuction, like Marcus pulls out a knife and slices the guy up.