The Great Trade In Rip Off

Silent Otto

Hi all.

I don't know if its only me, but I am tired of trading in game for 50p/£1 only to see the same game for sale the next day in the same shop for a price of £5, this is a huge mark up and is in my opinion grossly unfair.

I am looking to set up a service that will pay you more for your trade in game, and then sell the game on cheaper than what you woud buy in the shop. I would be intested in feed back, and comments on how you would feel about this kind of service. For instance most old XBOX games fetch about 50p trade in, yet sell for £3 as a minimum, by offring you a £1 you get twice as much as in the shop trade in and by selling it for £2 another gamer gets it cheaper, and there is still a 100% profit - the way I see it everybody is happy.

I am an avid gamer, and see the only way that wecan drive the prices down is by breaking the monopoly that these high street games stores have on the community. I am willing to look into this setting up this service and would value your thoughts, advice and feedback on how we can make this a reality along with stories and prices on what you have been offered as trade in for various games.

Thanks for your time,

Rob

SilentOttoII

Loads of games - no points

just use ebay, its the best way of getting rid of games for a decent price.

Your idea is a good one don't get me wrong but you will have to be prepared to hold onto stock that no one will want to buy, also risk losing out on taking in games that have a fault etc etc.

Hi all.

I don't know if its only me, but I am tired of trading in game for 50p/£1 only to see the same game for sale the next day in the same shop for a price of £5, this is a huge mark up and is in my opinion grossly unfair.

I am looking to set up a service that will pay you more for your trade in game, and then sell the game on cheaper than what you woud buy in the shop. I would be intested in feed back, and comments on how you would feel about this kind of service. For instance most old XBOX games fetch about 50p trade in, yet sell for £3 as a minimum, by offring you a £1 you get twice as much as in the shop trade in and by selling it for £2 another gamer gets it cheaper, and there is still a 100% profit - the way I see it everybody is happy.

I am an avid gamer, and see the only way that wecan drive the prices down is by breaking the monopoly that these high street games stores have on the community. I am willing to look into this setting up this service and would value your thoughts, advice and feedback on how we can make this a reality along with stories and prices on what you have been offered as trade in for various games.

Thanks for your time,

Rob

SilentOttoII

Loads of games - no points

As everyone else is saying use Ebay or not trade them in at all??I currently have 50+ xbox 360 games, you never know when you will play them again and with the trade in offers it is just not worth it.

Did it require you to post two threads on this one topic or did you (accidentaly) double post...

Ok here is the deal - PM me with an example of a game you want to trade in and I will look up how much it is worth and make an offer, I will then look at selling the game on. I would like to look at making this a service to the xbox achievements user web site and will contact the forum administrators, for advice on how to set the service up better