Achievement Guide & Roadmap

IISpiderII

Out-of-order guides drive me bonkers. I always have to copy them into a Word document and then move all the achievements around to place them in a more chronological order.

Good looking guide so far!

Me too!

OP - thanks for guide, I am looking forward to starting this up when I get home from work!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am doing the 'Drivers Seat' case and can't get the swine blood clue to pop up. I have been fast travelling back and forth between the bar, the house and the last destination and nothing has popped up yet. I even drove manually between the house and the last spot a couple times and nadda. Anyone else having this problem and know another way around it?

problem with your guide there are more than the 1000 gamerscore and 40 achievements as the dlc was ship with it, need to update not a standard guide with dlc coming with the game for achievements on there, and you need to update, good job though

Thanks for the guide so quickly! Quick question: are there any achievements that are missable in the sense that you would have to start a completely new game to get them? Or can you get every achievement through mission select once you finish the game? I want to play through the game without a guide to enjoy the story.

How many guns are in this game?

I already mentioned my problem in this thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4230597#post4230597

Working on it. Its on of the last achieves I need to fill in but been side tracked with collectables. I have all the guns you listed but im thinking maybe there's a special gun in one of the street crimes? working on those too.

I just got the "Roscoe and Friends" achievement. Load up the 2nd Patrol case where you are still a street cop. You have to kill the perps that are robbing the bank, you start out with a shotgun, press LB to drop it and then kill one guy with your .44 magnum and enjoy your achievement :)

Pretty dumb, that it's the ONLY place where you get to shoot with that pistol

/applauds Spider for changing order of achievements to order in which they can be obtained.

Man, that's a huge improvement to the guide and will be much appreciated.

You rock for being open-minded on improving your guide instead of being all defensive "WRITE YOUR OWN THEN!"

see the following penny arcade cartoon for evidence of how the internet typically reacts in forums...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/5/16/

Roscoe And Friends 15

Kill at least one bad guy with every gun.

There are 8 guns you will need to kill someone with. Most of them are dropped from bad guys through many cases and street crimes.

.44 Magnum - Default gun as a patrol cop. Start the case "Armed and Dangerous." and press LB to drop the shotgun.

12 Gauge Shotgun - Start with it in the case "Armed and Dangerous." Bad guys will drop this as well.

Colt .45 - Your default gun as a detective.

Thompson SMG - Bad guys from many cases and street will have it.

Tommy gun (modified thompson with a bigger ammo magazine) - Bad guys from many cases and street crimes will have it.

Browning Auto-Rifle - Bad guys from many cases and street crimes will have it.

M1 Garrand - Bad guys from many cases and street crimes will have it.

Flamethrower - Obtained in the final case. Should be your last gun.

*Credits to KriugerisLT for finding them.*

It would be nice to see better description besides just some street crime. Like what street crime? Are street crimes repeatable or this if we pass one of these street crimes and dont grab the gun then are we out of luck?

I wanted also to point out (didn't notice anyone mentioning this). If you're going for 5 stars and want to get all the questions right without waiting for a full guide on interviews, the best way is to exit to the main menu and then resume, if you mess up a question. Had some problems in one Arson case, it took quite some time to get 5 stars, even with Exit->Resume method. Sorry for being Captain Obvious if this was mentioned somewhere already.

It would be nice to see better description besides just some street crime. Like what street crime? Are street crimes repeatable or this if we pass one of these street crimes and dont grab the gun then are we out of luck?

You can get all guns while playing through the story cases. BAR rifles don't come up until late in the game. Colt is your default gun when you are promoted into a detective. You can get a shotgun in a shoot-out either from your detective car's, or from a police squad car's trunk (dead guys will also use this gun often). As for the Thompsons, a lot of bad guys will be carrying these so no problem here. In the case mission "The Fallen Idol" at the end where you fight off McAfree's goons, there will be M1 Garrands, Thompsons and Tommy gun's lying on the ground. The only thing that can be missed is the .44 Magnum which you get in the very beggining of the game. Flamethrower is story related i believe.

The description is fine, stop bitching!

Edited by KriugerisLT

Thanks for the guide so quickly! Quick question: are there any achievements that are missable in the sense that you would have to start a completely new game to get them? Or can you get every achievement through mission select once you finish the game? I want to play through the game without a guide to enjoy the story.

Can someone answer my question?

Is it possible that "The Hunch" achievement could be missable?

Its definition says: "Use four intuition points in a single interview session, correctly branching each question." Since you win intuition points as you rank up, and there is only 20 ranks... you could find yourself at rank 20 with all your intuition points spent or less than 4, for instance. Or do you still receive intuition points doing another things once you reach maximum rank?

so it is possible if you miss using one of the guns to kill a bad guy with to just reload one of the cases to get the gun that was missed, as I didn't know you could switch out the shotgun for the 44 Magnum in the Armed & Dangerous Case.

Is it possible that "The Hunch" achievement could be missable?

Its definition says: "Use four intuition points in a single interview session, correctly branching each question." Since you win intuition points as you rank up, and there is only 20 ranks... you could find yourself at rank 20 with all your intuition points spent or less than 4, for instance. Or do you still receive intuition points doing another things once you reach maximum rank?

True I guess this one could actually be considered missable since you would have to start a new game at rank 1 because unless I am missing something, there is no other way to earn intuition points. Thanks for catching this.

so it is possible if you miss using one of the guns to kill a bad guy with to just reload one of the cases to get the gun that was missed, as I didn't know you could switch out the shotgun for the 44 Magnum in the Armed & Dangerous Case.

yes you can replay any case once you complete it and get any achievement and weapon kill you might have missed.

back to collectables.