Why does this take 200 hours?

Rixiden

Hey was thinking of getting this game when it goes on sale tomorrow, so i was doing my research first. I saw that it took 200 hours to complete?!?! thats crazy, but when looking at the achievement list it didn't look like anything all that hard, maybe just time consuming? can someone kinda put into perspective the amount of crap you have to do here?

Good time estimates, nice feedack thanks. However WHY does it take all that time? Like for instance is there just an unholy buttload of work involved in getting all those crowns, like a whole seperate list of in game achvs? Or like those activities I read about, is there just tons of them and they're a pain in the ass or are they fun and you dont mind spending 40 hours on in game diversions. and the CD's and other collectibles... huge pain or not so bad? feedback appreciated!

Good time estimates, nice feedack thanks. However WHY does it take all that time? Like for instance is there just an unholy buttload of work involved in getting all those crowns, like a whole seperate list of in game achvs? Or like those activities I read about, is there just tons of them and they're a pain in the ass or are they fun and you dont mind spending 40 hours on in game diversions. and the CD's and other collectibles... huge pain or not so bad? feedback appreciated!

I like doing the activities, I have repeated each of them many times. The collectables are not hard to find but if your get stuck there are many guides online showing there locations. I think the only achievement I would call a huge pain is the Kingpin one, but thats just because I dont like the multiplayer.

It takes alot of time because you will probably be too busy having fun to bother with achivements?

Nothing takes very long in this game. Just a lot of idling. I did everything single player achievement wise in about 29 hours, so I had to idle the game to get 50 hours.

In terms of multiplayer, if you can get someone to boost the badges with (everything except ranked badges can be done in private matches), it's not too bad. I'm currently working toward the rank badges, and I've gotten to the point where I'm just idling my money. Lots of people still play so it's simple to rank up.

This game may take a little while, but nowhere near 200 hours or even half as long as it takes to complete the first Saints Row. Hope this helps.

It's about 50 hours for all solo & co-op achievements, more if you do it again for co-op, they 50 hours for online if boosted, more if not.

Can confirm the single player/co op part. I started my co op run (first time playing) last week and it took me about 30 hours just to find the collectables (using a guide of course) and do most of the activities besides races because I hate racing in these sorts of games.

We're now tearing through the missions and strongholds at a rapid pace so 50 hours sounds about right.

MP I can't comment on but from the sounds of it, it's going to be a LOOOOONG haul.

A lot of time I take the time they say as a guide and not an absolute. Your mileage will very for most people. Some will pick the game up easily and be able to knock most of the achievements out without a problem and some will have more trouble with them.

With this game, I would say most of the time will be spent in multiplayer. Yes, if you are good, then you can gain a good bit every match. But the matchmaking can take a while to set up a match.

Edited by Qonok

• 4 weeks later...
Can confirm the single player/co op part. I started my co op run (first time playing) last week and it took me about 30 hours just to find the collectables (using a guide of course) and do most of the activities besides races because I hate racing in these sorts of games.

We're now tearing through the missions and strongholds at a rapid pace so 50 hours sounds about right.

MP I can't comment on but from the sounds of it, it's going to be a LOOOOONG haul.[/QUOT]

LOL kind of a long haul although heaps of games are longer for a perfect 100%, I found this game pretty fun and long lasting unlike say Just Cause 2. The races are easy as, I destroy racing games, but racing in SR2 is just way to easy and that achievement is a pretty good one. If you get bored going through the achievements just do what I do and blow up shit, that's always fun.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Takes forever to do anything in this game, it puts me off playing it. Is the 3rd one the same?

From what I've heard, The Third seems much simpler. I can't say for sure, but a friend of mine told me there's now unlockable maps for collectibles, so you don't need to use guides for them. (Anyone who knows if this is true or not, feel free to let me know.) The Saints games are getting progressively easier with the upgrades weaponry and character effects, so it makes sense that The Third would be a bit quicker and easier.

Now, about the time to finish SR2... my friend and I just ran through the game together, and with 54/60 achievements for the both of us (only 5 multiplayer and the stunt jumps left), we're clocked in around 53 hours. So, 200 seems WAY off the mark, even without guides. You'll probably find most things as you just run around the city. We even drove over some of the CDs by accident during missions or activities. XD