"No Point in Dying" trick!

hymn1000

When you die in "Limbo", can't you just switch to dashboard and reload from the last checkpoint with no deaths registered?

Wouldn't this work in theory, or does it save everytime you die (even if you don't reload from checkpoint afterwards and go to dashboard in stead)?

P.S.: I'm preparing to do this achievement, and call me cheatish or not, but if I die for the fifth time in the last chapter, I would be glad to have a backup so I wouldn't have to do it all again. I know that's the challenge, but it would ultimately destroy the enjoyment of the game for me. So please don't flame me, since I'm simply asking this theoretical question, and not encouraging anyone to cheat.

Don't see why people are trying to fake this one out, I gave it one attempt the other day and made it a good 75% of the way through before finally dying even once. It's just a matter of memorizing exactly what to do in a few of the tougher situations, so just practice what gives you trouble in chapter select and go from there

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
When you die in "Limbo", can't you just switch to dashboard and reload from the last checkpoint with no deaths registered?

Wouldn't this work in theory, or does it save everytime you die (even if you don't reload from checkpoint afterwards and go to dashboard in stead)?

P.S.: I'm preparing to do this achievement, and call me cheatish or not, but if I die for the fifth time in the last chapter, I would be glad to have a backup so I wouldn't have to do it all again. I know that's the challenge, but it would ultimately destroy the enjoyment of the game for me. So please don't flame me, since I'm simply asking this theoretical question, and not encouraging anyone to cheat.

I have been searching for a confirmation of someone trying your idea and actually getting, or not getting the achievement. Everyone who says you cannot do it never says if they bothered to try. So hymn1000, did you attempt the reloading trick you described?

i would say it takes about 50 minutes also, once you know what you're doing that is, about to attempt this achievement for the 7th time tonight, came so close last time :(

EDIT: just done it :) died 3 times, took 55 minutes, took my time alot near the end too so i reckon 45-50 minutes at a fast pace, good look to those still trying for it.

Edited by Woodles

• 1 month later...
I have been searching for a confirmation of someone trying your idea and actually getting, or not getting the achievement. Everyone who says you cannot do it never says if they bothered to try. So hymn1000, did you attempt the reloading trick you described?
Of course nobody tried it, the achievement description tells you it has to be in one sitting. Quitting to the dashboard ends the game which also means you ended your "sitting" because you aren't playing the game anymore.

Do you want us to try beating the game with 6 or more deaths and see if that works too? We can tell you it won't because the achievement description is quite clear, but of course we haven't tried that either so maybe it'll work. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this achievement. Only had to restart the game twice. Two areas that gave me the most trouble were the saw blades and the second time you have to jump on the giant electric H. The rest of it was pretty easy. I only had one death up until that giant electric H towards the end, that took my death count up to 3 and then at the very end I died trying to do a gravity jump and then I died once on the very last jump where you have to time it and hit B on the arrow on your way down. I was so nervous because I had exactly 5 deaths and one chance to get the last jump or start over. Luckily I got it heh it was pretty intense.

Btw, for the 2 box one, I found the easiest way is to make the boxes fall almost exactly on top of each other and then just stand next to them and jump straight up to grab the top one, then press A so he stands on it. If they are staggered there is a higher chance the top box will get pushed off.

Edited by prizeless

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I bought this game, played it for like 1 hour so far and died serval times....

I guess I´ll skip this achievement, it sounds damn hard.

Looks fimiliar to the "don´t die" achievements at the Alan Wake DLCS (which I passed), and they were no fun at all :)

• 1 month later...

They probably wanted you to play all of LIMBO at once. The game is supposed to be enjoyed. Since it is short, playing more of it in one sitting results in a well-created atmosphere, as opposed to playing it in little segments, with distractions breaking apart the atmosphere of the game. In a way, they just wanted to make the experience better for you. At least, that is only what I believe...