Why's there always one? Needle Point !!!

i have come to the conclusion this can not be done and everybody that has done it is lying..lol. Been on this for 6 fuckin hours and cant get it above 140mph. I got it once at 152mph with the raped ape Bugatti. never even close to that again. Tried with the Koenig-whatcha-macalit and nothing. This race will keep me from a 1000 I am sure of it. Whatever.......:(

EDIT: FINALLY ! NEVER AGAIN ! Now wheres that dam map of the gate locations already? Only need 1.

Edited by NY Yankees 23 2

Easy! Just use long gears and off road tires.

Hes wrong use track tires pro and short gears thats how i done it.

EDIT: I can see why he choose offroad tires but ive never hit top speed in Veyron so long gears is pointless in this car and when you hit pro acceleration rivals the Ariel. Short gears pro does not lower top speed over stock.

Edited by Darth Cuda

It just takes a little practice. I got it to 162 in the end. Like mentioned above me: Use off road tires.

Its not that long of a track, just memorise it and you will get it soon enough. It also requires a certain amount of luck with traffic too.

Finally got this race beat & 1k'd the game :woop:. This race sucked LoL.

I used off road tires as well. And it's def true that it requires a lot of luck with the traffic.:rant: Can't tell you how many times the first set of cops would spawn coming right head on into me. . .

this race is the biggest piece of bullshit ever, maybe they should have made the developers race it and if they cannot do it then they don't get paid until they can beat the race.

it's just total bullshit, how can you get 155mph on a road that turns like it does, add the traffic and the random police that smash into you, then you lose speed on the airfield, this race is just a complete pile of shit.

i even tried handbraking the corners and using boost out of the corners but you just cannot sustain that type of speed.

hate these bastards that come up with races like this, it totally spoils the game.

they should patch it and drop the speed required.

I have just got gold on Needle Point after 32 tries.:)

I was using the Koenigseggs Agera R with these mods.

Tires Reinflates Standard

Nitrous Burn Standard

Chassis Reinforced Standard

Body Aero Standard

Transmission Short Gears Pro

I was also pressing the back a lot and noticed that it made the police car, that comes driving towards you after the split on the highway and just before the first corner to the left, disappear!!! :)

My speed was 150MPH and i crashed in the corner before the airfield.

After trying this several times in the Veyron, and coming up just short every time (was getting anywhere between 150-153) I used the glitch where you can copy mods from one car onto another, thus giving me access to the aero body mod. It gave me the few extra mph I needed to just get the target.

I don't usually condone cheating, but that race was making me pull my hair out. Might be worth a go if like me you are consistently coming up just short.

This would have been my favorite race if it wasn't for the civilian traffic. It changes it from skill to luck. I hate it when I'm doing well and having fun zipping down the highway at ludicrous speed and some stupid minivan or car pops up out of nowhere.

The cops are inept in this city. Don't they know how to clear a highway of civilian traffic? :p

OK, so I wanted to share another Needle Point success story.

On my 19th try with the Bugatti, here was my setup:

All Pro Mods (thanks to the copy mods trick)

off-road / powershot / lightweight / impact protection / long gears

I tried a few other combos before using that setup, and got it first try. Granted, by try 19, I had the track layout down - including dodging/avoiding the head on SUV and other random cops & traffic.

My thoughts - I went with Impact Protection over Aero body because the IP body seemed to add weight to the vehicle. I was sliding around way too much with the Aero body. I think the Lightweight chassis helped to reduce the weight enough to gain extra speed, but wasn't enough to upset the balance of keeping the car on the ground that I was used to. And the Powershot Nitro helped in that last straight area leading to the finish. I was just about to dip below 155, but that was enough umph to keep me above 155 - and it was the only time I used any nitro. And, yeah, the off road tires help a lot in the airfield section. It's amazing how much speed you lose through there. I hit that turn entering into the dirt with a 160+ range average speed and came out on the road close to 151.

Geez, so glad to be over that one!