how is score calculated?

thisispreston

when you look at the global leaderboards for single player it lists everyone, with their playtime, medal level and 'score'.....

does anyone know what determines this score cos you are never given a score at the end of a race, you just get a time and a medal? so it must be calculated by other things you do in game other than get medals as there are people above me with lower medal levels in a longer playtime but have a higher score?

i presume it's a combination of things but was just wondering if anyone knew? does replaying tracks to get better times increase it for example, even if you already have the platinum medal?

when you look at the global leaderboards for single player it lists everyone, with their playtime, medal level and 'score'.....

does anyone know what determines this score cos you are never given a score at the end of a race, you just get a time and a medal? so it must be calculated by other things you do in game other than get medals as there are people above me with lower medal levels in a longer playtime but have a higher score?

i presume it's a combination of things but was just wondering if anyone knew? does replaying tracks to get better times increase it for example, even if you already have the platinum medal?

I can't say exactly how the score is calculated, since I don't know.

What I do know is that zero faulting gives you a higher score than just a faster time. I've read on the RedLynx forums that it's better to zero fault a course and have crappy time, rather than a faster time and a couple of faults.

Once you've gained platinum, then yes, faster times will push you up the leaderboards.

What he said, It's something along the lines of there is a 'Maximum Score' and then every fault you get subtracts a chunk of points, and for every second/fraction of a second below the 'perfect time' which is usually set at 0 seconds (at least that's what it was in Trials HD) you get points subtracted. But basically agreeing with what don said, low faults is key, once at 0/minimum faults you can obtain, get your speed up :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sry to bump an older thread, but thought this might help you, a couple of the guys over at the RedLynx forum put a spreadsheet together that can calculate your score. It helps to understand how the scoring works and more importantly shows you which tracks you need to work on to get the most points.

Scoring spread sheet : http://sdrv.ms/KgBTIS

Link to the original thread : http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=9676&start=90