Perfect frame achievement

Likkel

Hello everyone,

Has anyone gotten this achievement yet? I'd like to know what the requirements are, do you have to pot a ball from the break? Are combination shots allowed? Does it have to be unlocked in Play now mode or in World Tour? I know one guy that has this achievement (legit) but I haven't heard from him yet.

Kind regards,

Ronald

Apparantly you can get it using combination shots and I think you have to finish with 10 shots.

Done in play mode too.

http://www.ps3trophies.co.uk//showthread.php?t=24003

-"i did it in play mode with andy roddick

basically you have to clear the table legally as you would in real 9 ball so hit the lowest number ball first and just make sure you pot every time including off the break. combination shots are fine. did it on 4th attempt. you need to get a good break and hope the low numbered balls stay out in the open."

I just unlocked this myself, this is a very annoying achievement.

I did this in play mode and you cant miss a shot at all, meaning you have to pot on the break, otherwise it counts a missed shot.

You must finish with all 10 shots available. Combination shots are fine.

Obviously use Andy Roddick, my suggestion for the break is to leave the aim dead centre. Then when you serve hold down left or right and in most cases the cue ball will spread the balls better and on occasions sink 2 on the break making things alot easier. Dont go to full power but just over 3/4 for the serve.

Nice one mate thanks for that im trying it now and i cant do it, its really annoying. Is there any way of just restarting the level or do you have to exit all the way out to the main menu?

What I'm currently doing is a World Tour Mode with AutoSave off. Then if I mess up I can back out and get back in again a lot quicker.

Also, I've tried this a few times now and I'm not sure you are allowed combo shots. I've cleared the rack twice with no achievement... the only thing I can think of is combos.

Serving a MAX serve at the beginning whilst holding UP seems to be a good opener...

Read this thread and have spent some time doing it, unlocked it just now. I thought I would give you some tips.

- Use the Play mode version so you can quit if you do not pot off the break.

- Press 'Back' to change the viewing angle (the first time I played with this, I unlocked the achievement, so this is really important!)

- Always aim slightly more towards the inside of the pocket than the outside.

Like mentioned before, does not matter how you pot the balls, as long as you pot them all with no foul and the 9 ball being the last ball you pot. 10 shots remaining should be in the top corner when you pot the 9 ball.

After playing this many times i can confirm that the best break off shot is full power with up held through the serve, dont move from where you start and just serve.

This was mentioned a few posts ago so please pass any credit to that poster, i can just confirm from my experience it is def the best break.

Yes i'm sure, try it for your self its been mentioned numerous times in this thread that you need to finish with 10 shots remaining & in world tour no matter whether you pot or miss this is not possible as the shot count goes down & yes i have just unlocked this chievo earlier & just thought i'd let you all know because i was one who tried in world tour for ages before trying play mode & don't want others to make the same mistake.

Most of the secret achievements have to be done in play mode. 15 block combo, 10 cherries,sink 3 galleons etc. except the 3 strikes achievement that has to be done in world tour on level 6 or above.

Yes i know that know but if you looked at the secret achievements guide like i did to know how to unlock them then say for instance Perfect frame achievement the descreption is misleading & can lead you to think otherwise & there for can lead to a bit of confusion.

Edited by mark23

I still can't do this achievo... it's the only Mini-Game one that I'm crap at.

Really i found this to be very easy & would of had the chievo weeks ago if i was'nt trying in W/T all the time. Here are some tips to help you out.

1. For the serve i fould moving the aimer just off centre to left & full power effective to sink a 1 or 2 balls .

2.Zoom all the way out using the select button making angles much easier to see.

3.Try & hit the shots at about half power max as hitting them too hard can mess up a good table & produce random in-offs.

4.Try not to line up dead staright shots because if you hit it too hard the white ball has a nasty habbit of following the ball in the pocket.

5.Use combo shots but don't just blast at the ball over the pocket because you still have to pot the ball your comboing with & could be in a even worse situation.

Also i assume you know the right stick can aim as well because i went all the through this min game in W/t beating level 8 without knowing this.

Hey to all trying to get this in world tour stop as it ain't gonna happen because you have to finish with 10 shots & in world tour after each shot whether you pot or not your shot count goes down, so that means this has to be done in play mode where the shot count does'nt go down when you pot.

Not technically true, although I'm pretty sure it does need to be done in play mode.

When you play in Play Mode you still get different levels. I was just playing it (PS3 version) and finished level 1, to try and improove my pottin skills, I then got a good break at the start of level 2, where I had 6 shots. I then managed to clear the table in order and unlocked the trophy/achievement.

I can't really see this being any different on the 360 version and it also means you shouldn't have to quit out if you get a bad break, just pot the 9 ball. :)

• 2 weeks later...