How long? how hard? how good?

Current Value

All licience achievements can be done in 10 minutre mode, which is more than enough time to gain the necessary cab fares. The following stats are the minimum needed to get a specific licience.

S - $5000

A - $4000

B - $3000

C - $2000

Achievements however dont stack. So you will need seperate runs for C, B, A & S liciences. This is ok since the game is so much fun.

The crazy box(mini games) achievements will prob take up most of your time. They are fun though.

Difficulty 3 or 4/10 for the game.

Like all old arcade games or dreamcast games it's all about the fun! You will play this forever, like you would play hydro thunder forever. Just good old fashioned fun.

If you want a number then 1.5-3 hours. depending on skill. but there are avatar awards at 5 & 10 hours of play.

This game rocks

Edited by GDMFS0AB

How long for 200gs?

Between 2 and 3 hours.

Arcade and Original modes: 1 hour.

Crazy Box: 1-2 hours.

how hard for 200gs (1easy -10hard)?

I'd say 3. Not hard at all :)

Maybe you'll need some patience for crazy box stuff (like crazy bowling).

and is it similar and as enjoyable as thee original title itself?

Yep, this xbla version is very similar to the original one. The only (very) bad point is that the original soundtrack has been removed (Offspring, etc..). :(

Crazy Box: 1-2 hours.

how hard for 200gs (1easy -10hard)?

I'd say 3. Not hard at all :)

Really? That's impressive. I thought I was good at the game and I can't get passed the 3-1 but I have done the rest!

Its good, but there a bugs that will f you up.

Out of 10 I would give this a 7 just because of crazy box.

Crazy box will take the most time where as the licenses will take no time at all.

How long for 200gs?

The only (very) bad point is that the original soundtrack has been removed (Offspring, etc..). :(

Damn! i enjoyed thee original (now oldskool) songs on the games soundtrack, Thank god for the HDD music on the xbox! Thanks Amacteur, and everyone else for the quick feedback, il most probly be getting this once im done with mopping up afew other games :)

Speak for yourself, I think the S Crazy Box stages are hard as hell. :D

It'd help if the controls were decent but they seem pretty twitchy. Every time I go to drift, my car ends up spinning 280 degrees, not a nice 90! And I can't get a Crazy Dash to execute consistently, I have to mash A + RT over and over hoping I'll get one.

The license achievements are way easy, though.

Fantastic game, can't wait till I can afford the full version. Shame about the original soundtrack which is mainly where the game got a negative review but I loved it.

The Dreamcast arcade titles will be pretty much complete if they release Space Channel 5, Jet Set Radio & Shenmue. Maybe even Power Stone & Capcom vs SNK among a few others.

Fantastic game, can't wait till I can afford the full version.

Personally, I'm going to wait a bit and see what happens with this 'Dreamcast Collection' that may be coming out. If it is a collection of the XBLA Dreamcast games so far (Sonic Adventure & Crazy Taxi) alongside the two other confirmed titles of Sega Bass Fishing and Space Channel 5, then it'll be worth not buying any of them from the marketplace IMO.

Just like the Namco collection, wait for it to drop in price a bit and you will have a mega-bargain on your hands! That's assuming that this collection is coming out though. :)

Information about Dreamcast Collection

This game is such a nostalgia trip. Oh man, the amount of allowances spent on the Crazy Taxi-arcade. As for 200G it's a good 3-4 hours. The Crazy Boxes are kinda hard, especially as you're not used to the controllers. But once you get the hang of it, it's a pretty easy 200/200. I'd say 4/10.

But the amount of nostaliga and playability is just mindblowing. I think I'll get a good 40-50 hours total on this game, and that would deffo be a record for an arcade game.

• 3 weeks later...

The nostalgia is there, but a lot of the charm of the original(for myself at least) was seeing the KFC and Pizza Hut in the game, along with the soundtrack, all of which they removed for this release. Its still fun, but its not as exciting for me as it was when it released. The license cheevos don't take long at all, but the Crazy Box might take some time.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I can`t do a crazy drift even when pressing R and D quick. Anything I`m doing wrong?
You're going to need to master the Crazy Dash to get enough speed, then you want to try to get some momentum (If you're talking about 2-1) and go down the hill then quickly do the R-D without hitting the Gas. Just practice.

There is no way in hell that this game is a 2/10. Easily a 4/10. You're going to cuss and throw tantrums trying to finish some of the Crazy Box challenges. Really tough 200 during the end.

• 1 year later...