Traveler - A Different List, What Worked

Thrash

*Spoilers*

Ok first off apologies if this has been posted in a previous thread (don't believe so) and I take no credit for compiling this list that was posted in the Bioware forums.

I completed this game with two playthroughs, but four different times for Perfectionist. Each time, I did more and more - going to more and more areas hoping that Traveler would pop but it did not. I went over the lists (Ionus' and others) and I had just about everything, and was running out of quests.

What I learned was that in spite of doing a ton of sidequests, there were specific locations I was missing in order for Traveler to pop. I had done just about all the ones people speculate on (Kadan-Fe, K's Hideout, Fade to Save Connor, Getting Caught in Fort Drakon the first time while rescuing the queen). Some origin quests and the Slim Couldry line were just about the only things I did not do. But I was NOT getting the Traveler achievement. I steered clear of the origin quests and Slim Couldry because many people confirmed they weren't necessary, so when I did finally get it I did NOT do those quests.

Someone at the Bioware forums posted this list: (originally in a pc code, I translated it to be more clear)

Redcliffe - Blacksmith

Redcliffe - Dwyn's Home

Redcliffe - Kaitlyn's House Downstairs

Redcliffe - Kaitlyn's House Upstairs

Redcliffe - Tavern

Redcliffe - General Store

Denerim - The Pearl (Brothel)

Denerim - Gnawed Noble Tavern

Denerim - The Wonders of Thedas

Denerim - The Warden's Cache (not just the Warehouse, but where you get Duncan's shield *** SEE NOTE BELOW!!)

Denerim - Wade's Blacksmith Shop

Denerim - Dark Alley

Denerim - Dirty Back Alley

Denerim - Rundown Back Street

Denerim - Deserted Building

Denerim - Orphanage

Lothering - Dane's Refuge

Village of Haven - Villager's House

Village of Haven - Village Shop

Orzammar - Figor's Imports

Orzammar - Proving Grounds

Orzammar - Shaperate

Orzammar - Alimar's Emporium

Orzammar - Janar's Armorer's

Fort Drakon - Final Rooftop Boss Battle

This list has worked for others, and it was what worked for me. It would also explain why it seems that some get it with much less of the world explored than others. The only place I was missing on this list was Figor's Imports in Orzammar, which apparently is a common place to miss because while it can be involved with the quest for finding Jarvia's hideout it's not completely necessary - thus you can bypass it all together and have no reason to go there. Plus until you complete the Orzammar quest line, chances are that it is locked - it becomes unlocked afterwards. If you go in and Figor is not inside, exit and reenter as it is glitched - if you see him there you know you're getting credit for visiting the place. In my first playthrough I did go here, but missed the Warden's Cache - which is probably why I didn't get it on my mage because I had one but not the other.

***Updated 1/15/10 (finally) - Just do the Warden's Cache if you can. If you cannot, have no fear - people said they have gotten it without it but an account or two has said that it was the specific place that had it pop for them. Take it as you will, but just do it if you can because it's very easy and quick to do. If you do not go to the Cache, at least make sure to go to the warehouse in Denerim that the Cache is located in. The only difference is talking to Riordan (in the Arl's Estate pre-Landsmeet) and asking him about extra Warden supplies, and he tells you about a secret room in said warehouse behind a bookcase. Again, not completely necessary... but when adhering to this list - this is what I did and what unlocked it for me and many others.

The only origin quests I had done was Alistair's (Goldanna) and Morrigan's (to make sure I went to Flemeth's inside/out one more time) - but this was all before I got this list, both of which weren't sufficient enough to get Traveler prior to going to all the locations I posted.

But this list worked for me. I know a lot of you have put in a lot of hours to get this - if you have a save near the end, you owe it to yourself to just go through those areas listed and get to the final rooftop. The only missable place is Dane's Refuge in Lothering (where you get Leliana), otherwise everything else is just fine to revisit before you go down the final quest line. This list was the only thing left that worked for me, as people both confirmed Slim's quests and origin quests were not necessary, and it's what did the trick.

Sorry for the long post - just felt like I could save you guys some time by looking at this and giving it a shot because it's a very easy, and short list compared to the others out there - but it has a couple very specific things like Figors, Kaitlyn's Home and the Warden's Cache that quests won't necessary lead you to, thus possibly preventing you from getting the achievement. It's worth a shot.

Edited by Thrash

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for reference, I messed up and never found out about the wardens cache in the warehouse. I hadn't got a save point near there so thought I'd just do another play through.

But low and behold on the roof top of Fort Drakon Travaler Unlocked. Might just need for it to be the warehouse. Kinda relieved I don't have to doa nother complete run!

Thrash you are a legend. Just got the achievement after a month of trying, thanks to your guide. Just needed to go to that dam wardens cache in the warehouse in Denerim. Thanks to you I found out about it, as i did not know it even existed. Not once have i seen that location listed on any traveller achievement guides, so thanks for posting that list on here.

Happy to oblige guys - this is such a quick and easy list to go through. As long as you have acquired Leliana to your party, you have visited the one place on this list you can't go back to (also one of the alleys as well.... but it disappears only once you've completed the quests associated with it). And as long as your save still has Riordan in the Arl's Estate, you're golden. It only took about an hour and 10 mins to hit all these spots (most of which were doubles of places I knew I had been.... but I was double confirming them) and get to the roof of Fort Drakon.

Let my 90+ hours of frustration benefit others so that they don't feel screwed out of another rather ambiguous Bioware achievement.

Just to clarify, are you saying that these are the only locations needed for the achievement or are these often missed places? If they're often missed ones which list are they used in conjunction with, Ray5555's or Ionus's? I only ask because I want to make sure that the achievement guide presents the best information possible and if what's up there now isn't right I need to change it. Thanks.

If someone would run through it with this list in as least amount of quests (perhaps someone who didn't get it and needs to do another playthrough) then we could find out. I had done a ton of quests up until the save I loaded up and then went through this checklist before going to the rooftop.

But from what I understand it's this list that is what is necessary to unlock Traveler. Maybe the Warden's Cache isn't necessary as the warehouse it's located in is, but regardless it seems that if people follow that list they'll unlock it. Apologies if that isn't specific enough, it's just this achievement is really ambiguous and the time discrepancies between someone who completes the world at high 80 percentile to the guy who does it 95+ leaves a lot for speculation. I'd go back on a silver account to try this... but I need to complete Mass Effect since I haven't 1000'd+ that since having it in 2007.

Edited by Thrash

Nice list, and I don't mean to be contrary, but I'm 100% certain you don't need the Warden's Cache. I had been to the warehouse, and encountered this thread AFTER I had saved my game on the way to the final battle. Riordan was already gone, and I could not access the cache. I unlocked Traveler during Denerim - Climax. First playthrough.

Is the cache area there the first time you can go into the warehouse in the game? It is possible that there are two different versions of that same area, and both maps must be visited.

I just got this cheev soon as I got to the roof of Fort Drakon, I didn't think I had visited everywhere, but after looking at the lists, I have. I don't think I got Duncan's Shield, I never talked to Riordan about that. Is it even necassary, or did I get the acheivement by glitch?

I just finished visiting all these places, my percent is about 74%. I'm saving the landsmeet/final battle for tomorrow but I'll post back with the results. Also, I glitched my way into the Warden's Cache so hopefully that won't affect me getting the achievement.

EDIT: Just got the achievement as the rooftop finale loaded up. I made sure to hit absolutely every place on the list. I don't think the cache is necessarry but I used a glitch to get back there anyway. Thank you so much for posting this guide, after 5 playthroughs I really didn't want to do another one just for this stupid achievement.

Also, I only had 88% of the world explored at finale

Edited by middleeastbe4st
Update information

i dont spose someone can write a guide of these places, most of them i know but others im confused on...like are you saying that i dont need to go to all the places in the fade, or dont need to visit K's hideout. Basically if i visit these places and only these places will i get it

Also whats Danes Refugee? please tell me thats the tavern