Black Op II

Modern Warfare 3

Modern Warfare 2

Black Ops

Modern Warfare

CoD 2

World at War

CoD 3

Is that the general consensus? Or are WaW, CoD 2 and CoD 3 switched around? Where does CoD 1 fit into this?

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

maybe is because you are getting better at COD games? for me mw3 was harder than blops2, but im just an average gamer, and i played the game on veteran so the campaing gets longer for me... not to say "yeah boy i've finished it on veteran!"

I don't think that's it. Yeah, I've gotten used to the 'formula' that every CoD campaign has, but if I complete the campaign in the first two months of the games release, that's 10 more months of me not playing (the campaign at least). While each game is similar, they are also all totally different.

I totally suck at multiplayer, completely and utterly. I'm not afraid to admit it. Rare is the match where I come in the top three in the lobby, let alone first place. I've been like that since CoD 2 in 2005. And I've played my fair share of online games, but I just cannot compete online, no matter what game it is (CoD, Halo, Gears). Even when I was playing PC games (Quake, Unreal Tourney, Jedi Knight, Day of Defeat, Counter Strike) I couldn't compete. I don't put in the time that other players do; I have no desire to put in the time that other players do. How can I get better if I don't play?

From that list I posted, I haven't completed the campaigns for CoD 2 and 3 on Veteran at all (that's why I wasn't sure of their placement). I got through three missions on CoD 2 and haven't been back (that was like 4 years ago). Never even tried CoD 3, never want to try it. I've only completed Act I from MW1 and I'm finding it somewhat challenging but not too hard (I just got to the level before Ghillies in the Mist). I did complete WaW (18 hours of my life I will never get back, 4 of them just on Heart of the Reich). I haven't done BOII yet. It can't be that I'm getting better at them because I found BO harder than MW2. And I played MW1 after those two and that was harder. I found MW3 about the same as MW2 but easier than BO.

It's the developers who are dumbing the campaign down to cater to more people, not that I (we) are getting any better. It can't be. So by your logic, if I play all the 'easy' ones (MW2, BO, MW3 and BOII), then go back to WaW or CoD 3 and play that on Veteran, it should be a piece of cake, right? Nah. I don't buy it.

I did say "Yeah, I finished this on Veteran!" for WaW and for completing Mile High Club, but not for any others since. But I don't care. At this point, I'm just playing CoD for the gamerscore, not the story. The last story I paid any attention to was WaW. MW2 and 3 were unnecessary in my opinion and BO just wasn't good. I can't imagine BOII being any better, but maybe with the different timelines, it might be.

i did the challenges for the first level and decided that i would not be getting the completing all challenges chieve. i am not a circus animal trained to jump through hoops. i have always prided myself on finding unique solutions to beating games and basically do things my own way. regardless of difficulty. the challenges are just stupid. the challenge for jumping on an enemy grenade and surviving was harder than the entire campaign on veteran. the hardest achievement to obtain should be for completing the game on veteran.

• 2 weeks later...
Seriously! i defeated the game dying twice max! on VETERAN !! its so easy! and just do it on easy for the achievements!

Exactly! I just started playing WAW on Veteran. There have been about 3 levels in a row where I have died more times between checkpoints in a level than I did the entire campaign form Black Ops 2.

I wish there was a massive stat place that showed you how many times you died so you could track which COD you died most on.

That might affect a little bit, but i think it's something else. I mean while completing campaign on veteran i sometimes just forgot it even was on veteran. In many parts i just rushed in to building, killed all enemies fast and not even one bullet hit me. Comparing it to Call of Duty 4 and WaW campaigns, if you rushed you die. They could have even make it same amount of difficulty than Mw2, Mw3 or Black ops. Because now it is just a walk in the park.

I've said it before and I'll say it again,COD seems easy because your getting use to it.Have you noticed not one new person has said the game was easy,its been guys who have played all the Cod games.

Yes I thought it was easy but im better at Fps games now,games companies can't win.If the make it too hard new players will struggle but if they make it just a regular hard old players will smash it.It's just a fact,the more you play the better you will get and the easier games will seem.

Ps. World at War was not a hard game on Vet,I never died from bullets but I did die from the 50 grenades that were thrown at me all at once.It wasn't hard just unrealistic and annoying because of this.

I've said it before and I'll say it again,COD seems easy because your getting use to it.Have you noticed not one new person has said the game was easy,its been guys who have played all the Cod games.

Yes I thought it was easy but im better at Fps games now,games companies can't win.If the make it too hard new players will struggle but if they make it just a regular hard old players will smash it.It's just a fact,the more you play the better you will get and the easier games will seem.

Ps. World at War was not a hard game on Vet,I never died from bullets but I did die from the 50 grenades that were thrown at me all at once.It wasn't hard just unrealistic and annoying because of this.

Your full of SHIT! I pissed all over BLOPS 2 on veteran. yet when i go back and play some of the older CODS and i get pissed on. They made it easier for the newer gamers to the COD franchise.

Have you noticed not one new person has said the game was easy

Are you really that stupid? Of course no one thats new to COD has said it's easy. THEY NEW TO IT!

Your full of SHIT! I pissed all over BLOPS 2 on veteran. yet when i go back and play some of the older CODS and i get pissed on. They made it easier for the newer gamers to the COD franchise.

Are you really that stupid? Of course no one thats new to COD has said it's easy. THEY NEW TO IT!

Troll alert

How am I full of shit,my point is that they have to make games to suit all gamers,a point that you agreed to in your bottom post by saying new players won't think its easy.

Plus I've went back to all COD games and they are piss easy on vet apart from the spamming grenades on WAW.

Learn to read you troll and dont insult people then agree with them in the same post because it makes you look stupid.

Edited by Ned King

I have noticed that it is easier to complete COD with the coming years. I got frustrated when I got stuck in COD4 and WaW but got alot of satisfaction from completing those games on the hardest level. Thats why I stuck with it.

For the posts about going back to play the older CODs, why would I play the same campaign once I have played it before on a few playthroughs. I would like to play a new campaign thats challenging.

They make the campaign easy on the hardest level for the kids and for the people who want 100% achievement success. I want to get 100% achievements but would like a challenge along the way.

Achievements in many games have been dumbed down for the achievement number crunchers who go through games in a day so that can hit 100,000 gamerscore etc.

Either they are too easy or they require us to play the game over many 100s of hours to get certain achievements. I want quality, not quantity or lifetime grinding sessions.

God no. It's easier because they don't have the issues World at War had... you know infinite spawning enemies and grenade spam.

Edit: Also the campaign challenges are easy for about 95% of them. Just use the rewind story so you can abuse the checkpoints instead of having to restart the entire level each time you mess up.

Edited by Brightside

Although I did not like grenade spam I could see why they included it in the previous games as well as infinite enemies. Its there to stop people from camping and picking off the entire enemy team then moving from checkpoint to checkpoint without ever really being in a fire fight as they would leave there team to take the heat while they shot the enemy from range. For me thats the safe way of playing through veteran.

If you have infinite enemies at certain points it forces you to break cover and use clever movement from cover to cover while using special grenades to help you get through those chock point of enemies. Add in a timed factor to get to the extraction point or whatever then the pressures on and forces you to break from the safe playthrough.

I found spamming grenades annoying, but noticed it came mostly when you stayed in one spot for some time, again its there to stop the safe playthrough.

Infinite emenies and grenade spam can be turned down for the easy, regular and hardened playthrough, but I want veteran to be a challenge, not something anyone can play through.

• 3 weeks later...
Although I did not like grenade spam I could see why they included it in the previous games as well as infinite enemies. Its there to stop people from camping and picking off the entire enemy team then moving from checkpoint to checkpoint without ever really being in a fire fight as they would leave there team to take the heat while they shot the enemy from range. For me thats the safe way of playing through veteran.

If you have infinite enemies at certain points it forces you to break cover and use clever movement from cover to cover while using special grenades to help you get through those chock point of enemies. Add in a timed factor to get to the extraction point or whatever then the pressures on and forces you to break from the safe playthrough.

I found spamming grenades annoying, but noticed it came mostly when you stayed in one spot for some time, again its there to stop the safe playthrough.

Infinite emenies and grenade spam can be turned down for the easy, regular and hardened playthrough, but I want veteran to be a challenge, not something anyone can play through.

I just am getting done beating World at War on Veteran and your entire post is correct.

As much as I hated the grenade spamming, it really only happened when you trapped yourself in a corner or stopped moving. I liked how it made you continue to move around and try things. (This did make getting your health to regenerate really hard but what do you expect when you play on Veteran). It did make me really try my hardest to push forward as fast as you could. Once you could get your AI to move up the grenades didn't spam as much. Now there were times when you were running away from a grenade indicator and then ran into another grenade that was farther away from you that wasn't indicated (THAT SUCKED BTW).

Infinite enemies really bothered me when I know that there was a room with only 1 entrance and there is no way there are 500 people inside. I can accept infinite enemies when I cant see where they are spawning from but when I know that the room should only have 2 people in it and they keep spawning...kind of takes a little of the reality out of it.

But back to my original point, WAW is a tough game that I actual feel good about beating. Black Ops on Veteran took me less than a week to beat playing only a few hours a day. It took me a few weeks to beat WAW on veteran playing pretty much 1 level a day.