Anyone else feel like they overdid the light distortion?

n33njah

I've played about 3 hours of online and a good bit of the single player and I absolutely find the lighting system annoying. I don't mind flashlights and laser sights blinding as long as it's not a tactical flashlight blinding me as someone's literally at the opposite end of a long corrider where I'm prone waiting for them to come and they pop out and it literally blinds you to a point that it's entire obscured. I understand this is the idea of a tactical flashlight is that it's a supression and vision obscuring device but I feel like the effects are pushed to the extreme.

Singleplayer has it's moments where it's obnoxious about the lights but just curious if anyone else feels this way.:(

Yea it can definatly get anoying. I understand that it adds some realism in some cases but at the same time it does bother me. For example if you have to aim at a guy in a window and the sun is above the building, you become blinded by it. It is realistic sure, but why dosnt my soldier just wear sun glasses?

I've played about 3 hours of online and a good bit of the single player and I absolutely find the lighting system annoying. I don't mind flashlights and laser sights blinding as long as it's not a tactical flashlight blinding me as someone's literally at the opposite end of a long corrider where I'm prone waiting for them to come and they pop out and it literally blinds you to a point that it's entire obscured. I understand this is the idea of a tactical flashlight is that it's a supression and vision obscuring device but I feel like the effects are pushed to the extreme.

Singleplayer has it's moments where it's obnoxious about the lights but just curious if anyone else feels this way.:(

And this is exactly why the tactical flashlight exists. Do you know how annoying it is when you have players like you who just sit and wait with their gun aimed at a single spot waiting to take someone out who wanders into their line of sight. At least now I have a chance when ever I go into a room or a corridor or somewhere that is bound to have someone camped in the corner waiting.

I felt that the flashlight was great in the Beta, When somebody used it you had a 50/50 chance of getting them, or them getting you, and It honestly looked realistic, didn't act realistic but it did look good.

Now in the real game if someone is about 20 feet from me i get this fucking glowing sunburst take up my entire fucking screen like I just opened my eyes for the first time in a fully lighted room. Seriously why did they change them, did enough people bitch in the beta that they were useless? I hate that people use that damn flashlight because I can't even do anything.

Tac lights should have a maximum "blinding" effectiveness of about 10 yards max. As it is it's ridiculous having them useful during the day, what are they 1,000,000 candle power bulbs??!!

1,000,000 candle power is being a bit modest... I've been blinded at ridiculous distances outside on Operation Firestorm. Like it's not nice and sunny out.

My favorite is when your in plain day light and you still get blinded by enemies using the flashlight attachment, like really is DAY TIME, flashlights dont work in the day time. Its not possible to shine a flashlight in the day, cause the sun will mute it out in real life.

The laser is a litter more understandable in the day light, but not the flashlight.

& agreed with the post above ^^^^ / its happened to me many times. ;____;

I'm Glad I'm not the Only one. And optimus I'm sorry that you feel that me covering a flag capture in conquest by pruning one lane is camping and that you need the tac light. I am anti camp but I will cover a lane when my squads seizing an objective. but my problem isn't with the attachment or it's use it's how ridiculous the distance is effective too. So yeah enjoy using it I'm still gonna do my best to control the objective even when blinded.