Anyone else disappointed that AC3 protagonist is a man (again...)?

Ixia Sith

I was hoping that after Altair and Ezio Ubisoft would chose a female Assassin for the third part of the story. I mean one would think that at least one of Desmond's ancestors managed to father a girl...

Think of all the new possibilities! Instead of using courtesans you could charm the guards yourself and knock them out or get into places in disguise.

Don't get me wrong I do not intend to start a discussion about gender equality or feminism. I am looking forward to AC3 and will definitively play it but it would have been nice to run around killing people as a woman for a change ;).

As for your comment about having a female in the bloodline perhaps you must not have paid attention in ACII

That's possible, I was busy playing it ;).

What exactly do you mean? There were definitively women among Desmond's ancestors, Ezio himself had a daughter.

No,because the game would be pretty short based in the kitchen.

But seriously, in the times the games are set in, women wouldn't do anything like that. It was a mans world.

Except, we have already seen female assassin's. Many you recruit are female and even Claudia became an assassin.

I think it would be cool if we could fully customize our Assassin.

Hair, Eye Color, Facial Hair, Clothing (Depending on the Era).

Id pass again, developers have default characters in mind and for me thats how i think the games should be played. Besides i dont need this kind of micro-management to enjoy a game, its beyond pointless

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone else disappointed that AC3 protagonist is a man (again...)?

No, because Desmond is a man. It makes sense that Desmond would relive the life of a male ancestor. Yes, they could easily have him relive a female but there's no need for it and it makes more sense that he relives the life of a male ancestor.

Also, I'm not against a female protaganist. It could be interesting but I am a bit annoyed with the complaining that there's not a female protagonist

I personally was hoping for a female ancestor, not because I'm tired of playing as a male or anything like that but because I want something different. I liked Altair and loved Ezio and Conner looks a beast I just was hoping for something different like some female assassin posing as a man (it happened a lot) or just seeing what time period would fit. I think Conner is a perfect fit for the setting they chose and I think Avaline will be a great antagonist for Liberation to bad its a side game and on the Vita (btw who's ancestor is she suppose to be?). But they have said that 3 will not be the last game in the main series its just the end of Desmond's story so we're looking at more ancestors more time periods and different modern assassins. So not only am i excited to see how 3 turns out I'm excited to see where the series goes after.

You nevor know if they say its not the end of AC they may follow what gears of war judgement is doing and make a story line based on someone else. witch keeps the door open for a female protagonist. I agree with the idea of suducing gaurds and stuff, there are many possibilities that you cudnt get away with using a male character