Limited or Collector's Edition?

Do you want a very special Limited Collector's edition for Alice: Madness Returns?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a very special Limited Collector's edition for Alice: Madness Returns?

• Hell yes!
    • Not really...

Anyone got any leaked information regarding a possible "limited" or "collectors" edition for this game? I know EA will sometimes have those eastore online exclusives (like for first Dead Space, and Crysis 2). I am really hoping for a special Alice release. C'mon, I mean this game has such amazing, special artwork and story; if any game deserves a beautiful, awesome limited collectors edition it is definitely THIS game.

I was lucky to pickup a gorgeous like new copy of the "original" pc big box for Alice a few months back. This was the rare "bloody" vorpal blade cover, first edition. It's so beautiful. I was never lucky enough to buy the game when it first came out way back when.

There are action figures for Alice? Are they well made or just cheap toy ones? Being a collector I'm always interested in anything I can find for my most favorite games and movies...

Indeed, a CE with a statue of Alice in a cemetery like ground (withered moss on cobblestones ect) would be awesome².

Absolutely! I'd like to see a beautful non-pvc figurine (something really special). But alast, that is just dream-talk...

• 1 month later...
I was lucky to pickup a gorgeous like new copy of the "original" pc big box for Alice a few months back. This was the rare "bloody" vorpal blade cover, first edition. It's so beautiful. I was never lucky enough to buy the game when it first came out way back when.

There are action figures for Alice? Are they well made or just cheap toy ones? Being a collector I'm always interested in anything I can find for my most favorite games and movies...

I have all the figures (not including all the variations there were of a few). I think they are excellent for display. Some have moveable parts, but they're not like a lot of other figures that are covered with ugly joints. You probably wouldn't want to adjust them very much from their original pose anyway.

If you're a big fan of Alice, then they make a great collection. Only problem is, they are kinda expensive to pick up now and a few of them are rare to get hold of. But if you decide to hunt for them - ebay is probably your best bet now. You may even have to import one or two to complete your collection.

I also picked up the artbook for the new game - excellent book. :-) Really surprised they didn't bring a collector's edition of the game. Maybe they'll release a new line of figures in the near future. The new look of the card guards would make awesome figures. ;-)

I have all the figures (not including all the variations there were of a few). I think they are excellent for display. Some have moveable parts, but they're not like a lot of other figures that are covered with ugly joints. You probably wouldn't want to adjust them very much from their original pose anyway.

If you're a big fan of Alice, then they make a great collection. Only problem is, they are kinda expensive to pick up now and a few of them are rare to get hold of. But if you decide to hunt for them - ebay is probably your best bet now. You may even have to import one or two to complete your collection.

I also picked up the artbook for the new game - excellent book. :-) Really surprised they didn't bring a collector's edition of the game. Maybe they'll release a new line of figures in the near future. The new look of the card guards would make awesome figures. ;-)

Nice! I'm usually not into the toy figures, but some do interest me. Recently I picked up a 4 ft. figurine of "hit girl" from the movie Kick Ass. Loved that character! I also have the art book for Alice MT. It is really gorgeous. I have a lot of artbooks for games but this one they put a lot of heart and soul into; it's really well done.

On a side note, They do have a lot of collectibles for alice over at www.epicweapons.com Although they are third party collectibles, they are officially licensed. Really well made though. Should be worth a penny or two in the distant future.

Nice! I'm usually not into the toy figures, but some do interest me. Recently I picked up a 4 ft. figurine of "hit girl" from the movie Kick Ass. Loved that character! I also have the art book for Alice MT. It is really gorgeous. I have a lot of artbooks for games but this one they put a lot of heart and soul into; it's really well done.

On a side note, They do have a lot of collectibles for alice over at www.epicweapons.com Although they are third party collectibles, they are officially licensed. Really well made though. Should be worth a penny or two in the distant future.

Sounds like a cool figurine you got there! :-) I actually went onto the epic weapons site and love the look of the Vorpal Blade and teapot. I couldn't see if they delivered to the UK, so I did a test buy, going through some of the checkout area to see if they did.

By the looks of it they do, but those items may have to remain a dream purchase at the moment. Cause when I saw the postage, for sending the Vorpal blade, stand and the teapot, they wanted nearly $400 to send them! That was like over double the cost of the actual items!

I was completely gutted - nothing worse than having that brief moment of euphoria, where everything is right with the world, only to have it viciously snatched from you!

My wife's family are American, but the only one I could trust to get the stuff sent to me is my Sister in law and she's already helping me big time by taking an ebay item that was a U.S only auction and sending it to me (Very rare Alice figure(s) - a set of Card Guards!) She wouldn't even take money from me for the postage.

So I'd feel a total douchebag asking her to help with that as well. Especially when it'll probably cost a hefty amount to send still (just not freakin 400 quid!)

I think Epic Weapons is based in California, so to ship to the UK would be VERY expensive. I live in the Eastern US and even to ship to me is a bit high. Plus, a warning: although epic weapons products are top notch quality, their shipping methods and packaging are very poor. I've received wrong and damaged items during both transactions so far with them, but I'm a hard ass. I'll send the stuff back and get a replacement as many times as it takes to get a mint item. Did it with Amazon for inFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition (returned it twice, third shipment was finally clean and undamaged).

I'd guess if they shipped to UK you'd probably get stuff broken in half w/ the box mangled (going by what I've experienced so far). It's really too bad because they make excellent quality collectibles but have terrible shipping/packaging methods.

I think Epic Weapons is based in California, so to ship to the UK would be VERY expensive. I live in the Eastern US and even to ship to me is a bit high. Plus, a warning: although epic weapons products are top notch quality, their shipping methods and packaging are very poor. I've received wrong and damaged items during both transactions so far with them, but I'm a hard ass. I'll send the stuff back and get a replacement as many times as it takes to get a mint item. Did it with Amazon for inFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition (returned it twice, third shipment was finally clean and undamaged).

I'd guess if they shipped to UK you'd probably get stuff broken in half w/ the box mangled (going by what I've experienced so far). It's really too bad because they make excellent quality collectibles but have terrible shipping/packaging methods.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm pretty much the same as you when it comes to stuff arriving in mint condition. But I can just imagine the cost and aggro of having to return and swap over items with them and it ain't a pretty thought!

Makes it an even less attractive idea when you bring in the fact that one of items would be a ceramic teapot. ;-))

I guess it's down to plan B...

My wife: "So how come you suddenly REALLY wanna go on vacation to California?"

;-))

Speaking about the figurines, here is a picture of my collection, I have all characters that were released, minus different variations:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1/kendy_kane/DSC00813.jpg

(Picture of the whole lot)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1/kendy_kane/DSC00814.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1/kendy_kane/DSC00815.jpg

Nice pics. :-) I didn't bother with all the variations either, although I do have the black rabbit. I thought of maybe collecting them too, but then I thought it'd kinda ruin the display to have slightly different variations of the same characters. Especially with there being so many variations of Alice and the Cheshire Cat. I have the anime looking Alice like you. ;-)

My White Rabbit has the black jacket instead of the red one. So glad I got most of them early on. Some of them are freakin expensive to get hold of now!