Bitching Thread

Kite87

I feel like this co op is karma for all the bad things I've done in my life. Seriously some evil evil people made this. I get all of the single player achievements pretty easy, no big deal. I figure hey, now I can blast through the co op and finish off this great game. How wrong I was.

I get thrown into the same map everytime, Sidetracked...Oh lord how I am sick to my stomach of Sidetracked. I try the private trick to pick the map but it doesn't work. I've played the game and same levels for hours on end trying to become host. One time I managed to become host, I blast through the remaining levels bar payback. I'm 3/4 the way through the level and the enemies just disappear and it starts glitching like mad. Everyone quits and I'm at the main menu. Try again and I start at Rush Hour, finish the level and hey I'm in Payback again, pretty happy that I can finally put this one to bed...But no there's a host migration or some rubbish and my Xbox completely freezes. I will do it...One day, maybe.

Great single player though.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The protagonist, the first five minutes of the game alone just made me reconsider continuing. And his friends are even worse.

Yes, exactly. This game is overrated. The sound quality is terrible, with the exception of a few characters' voiceovers, just like FC2. The graphics aren't as good as people make them out to be; probably because the 360 can't handle all the detail it's trying to pack in.

Story is dumb. Characters are douche bags. There's no point in crafting medicine as bandaging the bite mark on your arm over and over (after being shot and land mined) heals you much more. So much fall damage, yet roll a quad bike and put your face through the floor: nothing.

Did I mention that the characters are stupid? Dumb blond doesn't care that her boyfriend died (that's 5 minute into the game). Jason's hot GF: straight-A student, model, head of student council: dumb as fuck.

Speaking of dumb as fuck, I haven't yet mentioned the AI. It's gone from x-ray vision supermen of FC2, to complete idiots that think you're invisible. And the civilian AI? A man and a woman come around a corner in a hatchback as I'm exiting a pirate-controlled village I've just decimated. I crap myself, thinking it's enemies. They crash into the back of my stationary jeep as I'm stood at the side of the road. Reverse, then crash into it again. They decide to get out their car, screaming, and go and crouch down next to a fence as douchebag Jason Brody steps back into his jeep in fucking disbelief.

Have you seen his hair?? What the fuck?!!?!? A dick, as are the rest of his spoilt friends who I don't give a fuck about saving. They're all really annoying.

I'm just about done here. Maybe I should have posted a whole new thread. :eek:

EDIT: Oh wait. Yeah, that Skrillex song. "Have some reggae". "No, I'm splicing it with these awful noises!" Fucking sucks.

:dance::dance::dance:

Edited by Jardinho

The Co-Op missions were just awful, voice acting was even worse. Stupid bullet sponges and stupid machete men that can knock you down in one hit. Bullets will never be as powerful as a knife or machete I suppose.

I don't think I've ever heard the word "cunt" so much in a video game, but the Scottish accent delivering it was pretty crap.

I don't think I've ever heard the word "cunt" so much in a video game, but the Scottish accent delivering it was pretty crap.

glad i wasn't the only one who thought the accent was terrible. Also im agreeing with everyone else, the co-op was the biggest horse shit thrown together garbage i gave up without even completing the first one

• 2 weeks later...

This game has the perfect example of a poorly tacked on multiplayer just so people will see its online/multiplayer and maybe be more likely to buy it. Going through for the achievements its just frustrating having the game put me on one of two levels over and over again, without any option to choose the one I play or even make my own lobby. Whovever designed the multiplayer for this game should never be allowed near a games studio ever again

This game has the perfect example of a poorly tacked on multiplayer just so people will see its online/multiplayer and maybe be more likely to buy it. Going through for the achievements its just frustrating having the game put me on one of two levels over and over again, without any option to choose the one I play or even make my own lobby. Whovever designed the multiplayer for this game should never be allowed near a games studio ever again

This. I hate that I can't create public lobby or chose the level I wanna play.

• 2 weeks later...

not many complaints on my end. hunting is a little difficult in the beginning, but once you have better weapons..

i personally didn't like the battle with Vaas. & i wasn't too impressed with either ending. (bad ending was borderline rated X movie :mad: ) wish it could've been better. - that i aside, i really enjoyed FC3

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed about 95% of the game, but felt the last half hour or so was terrible. To me, the game was at its weakest when trying to be a straight up shooter. It was much better when you were planning your attack, sneaking around and using takedowns, or trying to entice animals into an enemy outpost as a distraction.

Really didn't like the dream/drug sequences at all, and the final bit with Hoyt was incredibly annoying. I don't mind QTE's on occasion, but here they just felt totally out of place.

I also thought the endings were totally jarring and didn't follow the storyline at all. The "bad" ending is completely against everything you've done in the game, while the "good" ending is just empty and unsatisfying.

So close to being a phenomenal game, but let down by some frustrating gameplay/story sections.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

ok let me say I went into this game expecting a good game. I played it and was blown away. I loved Jason and his friends. I liked how you see progression from the character. Vaas really made me want to kill him the whole game. excellent graphics. story. Gameplay. sounds and voiceacting. now for the bad.

Before 100% I gave this game a 9.75/10. after 100% I give it a 9/10. Here's why.

1. physics. Why is it I jump over a small little hill Jason falls and gets badly injured or dies. its 5 inches off the ground. Did he have a stroke wtf. You can't mess around in cars or they blow up. Again small jumps. The parachuting parts can be frustrating because brody wants to drop the chute for no reason causing me to die.

2. Glitches. this game had terrible glitches. Funny thing I got the dive 60 meters achievement from falling in the game floor.

3. Co op. It sucks in this game. every level is the same. Go through a village plant a bomb repair and deffend a vehicle Blah Blah. Several glitches forced me to restart the level and one kicked us from the level. The worst part is in co op you have to play it all guns blazing. I play stealthy in sp. Imagine a splinter cell game were you have no stealth in co op. No thanks.

4. Pointless collectibles. Memory cards. letters. relics. None added anything to the game. the bad physics shined in this department. Some relics were glitched. I guess that's why glitchy soft only made 60 the achievement cap.

5. Repeatitive. I had to take a lot of breaks from this game. It really starts getting boring half way through. I swear gta 4 was less repeatitive.

• 2 months later...

Those are some serious negatives. 9/10 sounds awfully generous. I think you're really closer to a 7/10 with those complaints.

I agree. I'm halfway through the game and it's getting pretty boring. Same shit. Liberate outpost, sneak around, etc. The skill tree is worthless. Only a handful of them are actually useful and the rest just seem like filler. Why would you introduce Heavies before even giving me the fucking takedown skill for them? Makes no sense.

• 1 month later...
This thread is enlightening. I have this game, but thinking about just trading it in instead of playing it. Don't want to waste my time after reading everyone's complaints...
Play it. The problem with reading bitching threads is you get exclusively negativity. This is a great game.

• 1 month later...
YES. Hahaha I have absolutely no issues with this game except for the stupid path of the hunter missions that'require you to kill big cats with the bow. The bastards just run around like crazy

Can't agree more!

Absolutely loved this game other than those big cats!!

• 3 months later...

The randoms in online co-op are fucking stupid. Like holy shit, if there are armored enemies rushing you and flamethrower guys marching up, don't pick the sniper rifle and pistol. It's going to do fuck all against them as they take you down quickly. Repeating the same section five times because you keep picking the same loadout is very irritating. In fact, don't try to stealth the co-op mode at all. Just choose the machine gun and go to town.

Also, IDK what idiot at Ubisoft thought it would be a good idea to not put chapter select for co-op mode when playing online. I don't want to have to wait for the game to put me in a lobby. Just give the option from the start. it saves a lot of time and patience.