Quick xp in single player?

lornesbored

In your opinion what is the fastest way to grind out / what activity could be done over and over to farm exp?

And I know this:

- cheats exist, I don't want them

- playin the game naturally gets you level 50 quickly

- doing side quests net you xp

I want to avoid all those responses. I got hit with the where's my cape glitch and after getting to the kinzie gambit I am hilariously only level 27 and need to know if methods exist to jump the remaining levels to try and unlock this achievement.

I don't think there's any event or mission that generates xp fast while being grind compatible. Make sure you've done the missions that give you the XP bonus upgrades, then go out and cherry pick the easiest events to score gold on quickly. Use the money you make doing that to upgrade a few of the really powerful weapons you've unlocked. Using those you should be able to race through the side missions.

I know it's not what you want to hear but the side missions are the way to go. You not only get the XP from finishing the individual activities/events but you get bonus XP just for going back to the ship and talking to whoever sent you on the mission. They also lead to the loyalty missions which go by pretty quickly if you skip the cutscenes.

[Edit: Oh yeah, make an alternate save file and try buying powers, checking to see if it updated the achievement status, then reloading the save and trying again with a different one. If I remember right the glitch is the result of a power being unavailable to buy, we might be lucky and just buying that power on it's own on the second playthrough is enough to knock the achievement from 98% to 100%. I really doubt it but there's no harm trying as long as you make a save you can revert back to, and it potentially saves a few hours.

Edit 2: Just checked then and that last strategy won't work. It just sets your achievement percentage in the achievement app to whatever the last save file was up to.]

Edited by TheOnlyDogMan

In your opinion what is the fastest way to grind out / what activity could be done over and over to farm exp?

And I know this:

- cheats exist, I don't want them

- playin the game naturally gets you level 50 quickly

- doing side quests net you xp

I want to avoid all those responses. I got hit with the where's my cape glitch and after getting to the kinzie gambit I am hilariously only level 27 and need to know if methods exist to jump the remaining levels to try and unlock this achievement.

I remember playing this on the 360 and making exp with cars. lots of power drifting at the airport, and I think I rammed my car up on a guard rail and it allowed me to increase one of the counters (2 wheels I think)

Don't know how effective it would be, but how about spending cash on

clothing? doesn't that give you exp?

Hope I don't suffer from this cape glitch... have upgraded everything as soon as I could...

Edited by SpinelesS

I remember playing this on the 360 and making exp with cars. lots of power drifting at the airport, and I think I rammed my car up on a guard rail and it allowed me to increase one of the counters (2 wheels I think)

Don't know how effective it would be, but how about spending cash on

clothing? doesn't that give you exp?

Hope I don't suffer from this cape glitch... have upgraded everything as soon as I could...

well if your progress gets stuck at 90% then yes you're glitched. I would watch the tracker go up with every power upgrade you do just to make sure its working.

I'm in hour 16 of my new save just to get this achievement, fml.

Ok. I managed to go from a fresh start to Where's My Cape? in 11 hours and 3 minutes with 75% completion. I smashed through the early content only upgrading my sprint speed, jump - air dash 1-3, jump height 1-3 and jump glide. I got six challenges out of the way right away for the xp bonus reward, then I did the Matt Miller missions up until the collectable tracker reward (I picked up a ton but I made sure not to get them all before finishing Kinzie Gambit since I've heard that can break it). I think I also got a +XP% from one of the side mission lines.

I upgraded the Alien Rifle first since it's the one you get stuck with during the out of the simulation missions. Once I got Gat back I did his side quest for the Singularity Gun and upgraded that. Then I continued on with just the main story missions. Once I'd finished The Kinzie Gambit and The Girl Who Hates The 50s and had Kinzie back on the ship I went out and just started doing all activities. I cleared everything on the left hand side islands, then I just went around doing all the red target missions and hacking the stores (hacking the stores is important since they only take 30 seconds and you get a ton of xp from Kinzie for handing those in). I also collected the audio things but I don't think they really gave much xp. It's worth skimming the challenge list to see if there's some easy ones like Shatter Kills work on as you're going through the activities.

After that I went after the quicker blue activities like Blazing. With the difficulty on Casual it's really easy to get the gold times, so I went after them by their group (do all the Blazing, then all the Mind Over Murder, etc). That way I got the bonus xp and cache from the Gold and Silver challenges.

When I get up to around level 45 I started looking at which ones I needed to complete the missions for my homies. Most of those missions only had one or two more activities that needed to be completed, so if they were quick activities I ran off and did them.

Hope that helps anyone who gets stuck repeating the game for one achievement.

well if your progress gets stuck at 90% then yes you're glitched. I would watch the tracker go up with every power upgrade you do just to make sure its working.

I'm in hour 16 of my new save just to get this achievement, fml.

Currently at 94%...

EDIT: Completed "The Kinzie Gambit" and Purchased the Suppression - power recovery upgrades and got the achievement.

Incase your wondering what I did:

I Collected all Clusters, and did all side quests before the Kinzie Gambit (haven't touched DLC quests yet though), and I upgraded before the weird Matt Miller "quest" after it (it was like he was starting his side quests all over again, but other than talking to him, nothing happened)

I purchased every power/upgrade except the unlimited Ammo's, and unlimited stamina upgrades as soon as they became available.

Purchased the unlimited stamina upgrade only after I purchased the sprinting and Gliding no longer uses stamina upgrades. Did unlimited ammo after I got the cape achievement.

And for the most part, only did activities when I was given the mission to do them (did most of the hacking ones all together in one go)

Edited by SpinelesS

• 6 months later...