How many characters can you upload?

MisterGuyMan

I'm asking because from what I understand, if you make your character, find out that you messed up, you might have to restart from the bottom. On the other hand, it might not be a good idea to just ditch your already higher ranked character in case he was just having a bad losing streak. If it's just one character per person on the leaderboards at all times... then how do you know when to give up on a character? I haven't started this game by the way.

While you can only have one character uploaded to the online portion of the game at any given time, and thus occupy only one spot on the leaderboard at any given time, so long as you do not delete your other characters from your save files you can re-upload them and they will still have the same online stats they did when you switched them out. Basically, they will keep their win/loss stats, their position on the leaderboard, as well as any masks you had unlocked for them.

I don't know when the servers will close for this game, but you can get your "Master" overnight with a good enough character and a turbo controller. Rubberband the A button and it will auto start matches all night long. However, my save file has become corrupt twice in the process of doing this. I'm not sure what causes it, but something screws it up and it will force you to make a new save file if it happens... all mission/medal/character data lost.

You only need the servers to get your medals for the missions and the ranks up to Master. It's not that bad, really.