Is anyone else frustrated by just how bad this game is?

Seriously. The single player campaign is a piece of shit. The story is disjointed, weak, contrived, and poorly acted. The controls are clunky at best, there's no dedicated button for reloading, the cinematics are choppy, and hit detection is shit. I could go on.

Ugh. Hacking through this game is painful.

EDIT: I think my favorite part was when the story suddenly and inexplicably shifts from a heist in Japan to a fucking revolution in Cuba with no setup, no explanation, and no reason whatsoever. Not to mention that this game is so fucking broken that it is almost unplayable.

Edited by Trombonafide

• 2 weeks later...

Well Im gonna have to disagree i really like this game, Its about $5 so its not like you paid a bunch but i found the story to be really nice some things bothered me like died a fuck load on easy, my first play through, but dominated hard, and yes the sudden jump to cuba was kinda off putting but thats what else where they gonna do with the story after that previose point they need a sudden jump one thing i hate though is the achivments some are almost impossible to get unless you bost, they say one thing and mean another also the guide isnt exactly right on a few, like the killing pig cops. all in all it was a good game to mess around with some friends with

• 2 months later...
Seriously. The single player campaign is a piece of shit. The story is disjointed, weak, contrived, and poorly acted. The controls are clunky at best, there's no dedicated button for reloading, the cinematics are choppy, and hit detection is shit. I could go on.

Ugh. Hacking through this game is painful.

EDIT: I think my favorite part was when the story suddenly and inexplicably shifts from a heist in Japan to a fucking revolution in Cuba with no setup, no explanation, and no reason whatsoever. Not to mention that this game is so fucking broken that it is almost unplayable.

a playable and passable game but all the things you have said about it are true.

i was able to complete over half the game in about five hours one night but then i lost interest and only played here and there. i just finished it like five minutes ago. the ending was totally unexpected for me when kanes daughter pulls a gun on him.

i died heaps when playing the club mission in japan but beat it eventually.

i thought they could have maybe had the camera move around more quicker instead of it swing around slowly like it does. that could have improved the game maybe.

i also own kane and lynch 2: dog days but have yet to play it. i have played the demo and enjoyed that, but that was about the time of release i guess obviously.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I've always wanted to go back and complete more of this turd, but I can't.. everytime I try to I end up turning it off, it's really a poor game, some cool ideas but if you're a shooting game and the aim and movement of the player is shit unfortunately the core of your game is broken.

• 1 year later...

Personally...

I really liked the first part of the story, until you go to Cuba where i tough the game lost really its shit. The warfare missions where not bad in term of scenario but didn't fit well, and damn they where hard, i must have redo the part with the choper 12 times... how hard is it to hit it with the rpgs...

As of gameplay.. clunky yes, when you played GOW(even GOW1 to compare) you look at this and you realize how clunky it is, shitty hit detection indeed, bullets fly everywhere no matter how much time you take to aim carefully. Same problem as Army of Two, another game i kinda liked for Scenario and feel of the characters, but the gameplay was a bit too clunky for me so i doubt i will ever try the second one...

I got the same feeling for K&L , it was ok, i enjoyed the story but the ending was pretty bad to me, i choose to go back for the men and well the daughter died anyway... the dude rush and die in an explosion... ok well so much for getting to them...

But a point that REALLY disapointed me... local co-op only? Really? Don't remember exactly when this came out but even if it did in 2007... there still no excuse, when games like freaking PDZ where playable in co-op... and tons of achievements for it as well... cmon. I finish SP and got barely 260G ... i know i can get a few ones more like no civilian casualities in the tokyo club but still, racking everything solo must not be more than 350...

So well mix feeling over this game, part of me liked it, but i hated some stuff... i will just remember it as an average ok game at best. I really liked the prison missions and the ones in the truck when you shoot cops :p

I paid it 10$ back then... so not too bad.

Personally i can't even imagine myself playing a MP game with these clunky controls... even GOW that got probably the best TPS controls ever created , the most fluids i ever saw sometimes make you cringe when playing MP because you get stuck on the wall, your character don't do what you intended too. With an aiming that clunky, i wouldn't even try to play it in MP... even if it was not dead.

It was barely ok for SP...

Lol yeah well that kind of aiming... not for me at all... lol when i play online i want my bullets to go where my crosshair is , even on COD sometimes recoil annoys me... lol I know its supose to be realistic but still...

In K&L in some parts i swear i was right on the guy, fired one bullet at a time and still it got away... its not normal.. and this was just in campaign imagine...

Anyway like i said, not a bad game, just average for me. Im sure there some people who loved it, its always like that for small games like this one. For some peoople its just another average generic game, but its the little gem for somebody else. Some of my favorite games on the original xbox are not really well reviewed, like Darkwatch, Final Fight, Bloodrayne and such, yet i had tons of funs on these games. (Of course i still had lots of fun with the likes of Halo, KOTOR etc as well lol)