Valentine’s Day Massacre Special

Fishman

Well for the last 30 minutes it's showing SAVING FAILED - UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE ROCKSTAR GAME SERVICES.

Not a cool start. Buying shit everywhere!

Yeah, that was what some of my friends kept getting. They all got in eventually, much less than 30 minutes. Sorry to hear it's troubling you so much :(

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the RP bonues I was hoping for, but whatever. Free lap dances!

Grab your partners in crime this weekend for a hot and heavy Valentine's getaway to Los Santos. This Friday February 14th through Monday February 17th, jump into GTA Online to make sure you redeem the limited-time-only Valentine's Day Massacre Specialcontent and also reap four whole days of in-game rewards, discounts and happenings in the Valentine's Weekend Massacre Social Club Online Event. Tailor up in a new double breasted suit or flapper dress from the Valentine's Day Massacre content pack, grab a trusty Gusenberg SMG and pick up your loved ones in an Albany Roosevelt to paint the town red all weekend long.

IN-GAME REWARDS

In addition to the limited-time-only Valentine’s Day Massacre Special content that can only be redeemed between Friday, Valentine’s Day through the end of February (but once redeemed, you can hold on to it for good), we’ve lined up lots of special in-game rewards exclusively for players this weekend to help you paint the town red.

• Special Event Crate Drops. Make-out big by lurking around some of San Andreas’ most secluded spots such as the secluded beach in North West Blaine County, the Stables, Del Perro Beach, the Observatory Car Park and, of course, the VINEWOOD sign. Special Event Crate Drops will be falling from the skies in those lovers’ lane locations frequently, stuffed with huge RP bonuses, a range of SMGs, and Sticky Bombs to give that special someone some serious separation anxiety.
  • Triple GTA$ payouts for all Sea Races. Cruise the waterways of Los Santos and Blaine County and if you can best your rivals in a Sea Race, your happy ending will be extra sweet with triple the GTA$ payout.
  • Triple RP in Arm Wrestling all weekend. Lock hands, make some awkward eye contact and push for glory and triple the RP.
  • RP bonuses for riding in cars with others will be awarded up to three times as fast, whether you're in a traditional twosome or a full-on ménage.
  • Free cinema tickets all weekend to your choice of date night screenings.
  • Look for love in all the wrong places with free shots and free lap dances at the Vanilla Unicorn.
  • PLUS for old time's sake and by popular demand, we're also turning on Triple XP in both Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption all weekend long (through end of day Monday).

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/52189/The-Valentine-s-Weekend-Massacre-Social-Club-Online-Event

We were all able to eventually get in using the retry feature. Also, I remember it being a pain during the Beach Bum Weekend too :(

Keep trying and hopefully you'll get in. Once in, it doesn't seem to kick you, so that's a huge bonus!

Well for the last 30 minutes it's showing SAVING FAILED - UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE ROCKSTAR GAME SERVICES.

Not a cool start. Buying shit everywhere!

My friend and I just gave up finally. I was on all morning, and my friend started trying about 45 minutes ago. I was fine till the game froze, then I couldn't get back on :(. So after another 20 minutes of us both trying, we just called it. Man this sucks...

My friend and I just gave up finally. I was on all morning, and my friend started trying about 45 minutes ago. I was fine till the game froze, then I couldn't get back on :(. So after another 20 minutes of us both trying, we just called it. Man this sucks...

Just your average R* Special Event Weekend :p

Maybe try again later or tomorrow?

Well surprisingly it SAVED SUCCESFULLY now after 45min. but as soon I came out of LSC the same shit all over again, can't connect to cloud servers blah blah...

What also bothers me a lil bit is the Gusenberg Sweeper should be next to Carbine/Assault/Advanced rifles in the weapon-wheel, cycling though all the other weapons is getting annoying after a certain time.

Based on what's happening over on the Event page, a bunch of people are being labelled as cheaters before they're kicked off GTA Online. Not a fun time to play I guess.

Yeah, I was PM'd about this on the Social Club. What a mess! :mad:

It would appear purchasing certain, maybe any, new items that have became available in this Valentine's Day DLC are causing players to 'become' cheaters. I might hold off on my purchases until tomorrow when more is known..

Edited by Dirty130

You say that now after trying for 45 minutes to get into the game! :p:p

Yeah I know haha but actually I was already in the game, my problem was the SAVING that not happened for 45 min. Anywayz, all good now.

Trying saying that after this update has cost me my Level 225 character. All my work gone for a shitty car, one new gun and a few clothes.

Man that is really messed up. I have a LV231 character and it'd piss me off too.

That really sucks, I would be pissed. How did it happen exactly? Just a glitch and you lost it in the mess yesterday?

Don't know how it happen when I tried to go online it said cloud servers unavailable and Character 1 can't be loaded. When it did load it was at rank 1 back at the tutorial race but he still had all the tattoo's on him and the same clothes he had on before the reset.

Luckily my second character level 180 is still there but its just annoying to lose all the work on the first character. Put a support ticket into Rockstar they are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it. Other people have had the same thing happen to them as well. Not holding much hope to get it back thou.

Don't know how it happen when I tried to go online it said cloud servers unavailable and Character 1 can't be loaded. When it did load it was at rank 1 back at the tutorial race but he still had all the tattoo's on him and the same clothes he had on before the reset.

Luckily my second character level 180 is still there but its just annoying to lose all the work on the first character. Put a support ticket into Rockstar they are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it. Other people have had the same thing happen to them as well. Not holding much hope to get it back thou.

Hopefully your character can be retrieved, Higgins. Shame though, this shit shouldn't still be happening :mad:

Yeah, that sucks big time. Hopefully you can get it back, they should have backups or something. I mean, it happening to begin with is bull, not getting it back would be complete bull :(.