Achievement Discussion

Method

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THE VOCAL SHIFTING?????!!!!!. It makes no damn sense. they never had it before until bealtes rock band. i dont understand it. is it to make you fuck up or what?

vocal shifting? like the vertical vocal range on the highway? imo, i think its actually a lot easier when they have it the way they do now, since you can predict phrases when your arrow is below/higher above the actual vocal bar through the "octive lines".

now...

there are only 5 things i absolutely hate about the new vocal system:

1. you can now pause the game to get you a 5 second head start (or as long as you want, if you pause again), which can potentially make any medium singer 100% any song on expert given enough time and patience.

2. the game doesn't save your settings for mic volume and singer volume; it will always start you off with max volumes for both. its rather annoying to change it every time.

3. dropped ticks (AKA keeping an "awesome" without scoring 1000 base points on expert, or other difficulties) result in a 99%. AKA you can FC any song and potentially get 99% a lot of the time, instead of 100%.

4. the vocal track is ON THE TOP OF THE SCREEN. it hurts my neck looking up that far from my TV angle.

5. no mic sensitivity options. it works in my favor, since i can get some scores better since other people's mics "set" senstivities might give them a disadvantage, but you should really be able to adjust them for everybody's sake.

otherwise, the game is fine as far as i can tell.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Last I heard, a Pro bass was nothing more than a thought on Madcatz' mind.
If even that.

The Squier hasn't even launched, and they wouldn't start production on a Pro bass if the Pro guitar doesn't exceed expectations.
True. Although there is a 'yes, but' to it.

Beyond marketing this sort of technology to music stores, studios, teachers and the like, out in the mainstream non-game arena. Besides any considerations of leading sales from promoting and advertising products that have known demand in existing markets of all sorts.

There is a difference between putting it (the sensors and MIDI electronics etc) in one body versus putting it on another body as far as design and manufacture goes.

There is no huge difference between reworking a Squier body versus a P Bass body.

More thinner less widely spaced strings in a higher octave. Fewer thicker more widely spaced strings in a lower octave. Seems.... trivial, doesn't it. They might as well be the same thing.

Even so, this isn't just some video game company or aftermarket peripheral supplier we're talking about after all. http://squierguitars.com/ http://www.fender.com/ http://blogs.vw.com/jetta/category/2012-jetta-gli/

While I might question their sanity only offering pre-orders at Best Buy and a month exclusive at Best Buy, and wonder why there's not a bass to go along with it already, maybe they've got a good reason for all of that.

Okay, yeah, no. Whatever, it's still FMIC and really what else is there to say? They got the power!

• 4 weeks later...
WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THE VOCAL SHIFTING?????!!!!!. It makes no damn sense. they never had it before until bealtes rock band. i dont understand it. is it to make you fuck up or what?

Are you talking about pitch control? I've noticed "auto correction" come up at the beginning of every song i've played.

I think it's there just to help those who are singing welll, but at the right pitch, and i'm sure there is something in the options to turn it off with :)

Anyone know the easiest songs and instruments to get the 60 second start power achievement?

"Wanted dead or alive" and "Green grass and high tides" are both good for this, i found. I tried to do it with a couple of the on disc songs, but couldn't manage it. If not, try going online, and picking a fairly slow song. Wait for someone to unleash overdrive, then release yours as their phase is just finishing :)

• 2 months later...

I am great at vocals. I actually got all of the Beatles Rock Band Triple-Fabs by myself. I recorded myself singing two parts, then sang along with myself on a third mic. What I did was, I recorded the alto and tenor/soprano harmonies into monaural tracks, then mixed them, but with keeping Alto in the left speaker only, and tenor/soprano in the right speaker only. I then positioned a mic connected to XBOX 360 in front of each speaker on my computer and played the file back. I would then sing the lead melody into the third mic. 3-part harmony, with expert guitar or bass, all at once. :D

If anyone needs a vocalist, let me know. I can either record tracks for you or just connect on Live!.

Also, stupid question, but, can the PRO achievements be gotten without the PRO instruments? If not, that is an additional $300 in plastic instruments just to get a few gamer score!

Also, off-topic, I am missing Guitar Hero 2 and 3 co-op achievements for 1 million and all 5-Stars respectively, even still after how many years?! I would give anything for a patch to those games from Activision to add ONLINE co-op to get those cheevz!

My gamer tag is Sn0w Shepherd, of course, and my full score is 100% legit! I am closing in on 100% across all the games I have played so far! YAY!

• 3 weeks later...

Also, stupid question, but, can the PRO achievements be gotten without the PRO instruments? If not, that is an additional $300 in plastic instruments just to get a few gamer score!

Yes, you absolutely need Pro instruments to get the pro achievements. How would you play chords on the plastic guitars lol? For pro drums, you need at least 1 cymbal - but it's great fun to have all 3.

The cost is very low if you're an avid RB gamer. I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone buy the instruments unless they expect to play the game a lot, in which case $300 is very cheap for what the instruments are.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, you absolutely need Pro instruments to get the pro achievements. How would you play chords on the plastic guitars lol? For pro drums, you need at least 1 cymbal - but it's great fun to have all 3.

The cost is very low if you're an avid RB gamer. I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone buy the instruments unless they expect to play the game a lot, in which case $300 is very cheap for what the instruments are.

Don't forget besides having the instruments you need to have some skill, or a shitload of time to learn how to actually play the pro instruments.

• 3 years later...

I have this game over 1000:gsicon:, but I don't have it completed, and I don't own it or any required equipment except for a GH3 guitar. haha

It wasn't the most fun to grind some of the achievements, and I wish there were fewer DLC and extra equipment achievements.

I probably will never play it again, and I'm kind of okay with that. At least my completion percentage is over 80-90% or so in it.

GH2: 1000:gsicon:

GH3: 1000:gsicon:

GHA: 1000:gsicon:

GHSH: 1000:gsicon:

GHWoR:gsicon:

Band Hero: 1000:gsicon:

RB: 1000:gsicon:

RB2: 1000:gsicon:

Not sure that I have others to 100%, but I have played almost every one, if not every one, and have gotten 80+% in all of them, I think.

• 1 year later...

This game was ridiculous with the money grabbing achievements. Achievements that were tied to DLC one after the other. The only reason that I got the two Queen achievements was because the Death on Two Legs song that exported from Blitz worked. I will never get full GS and that's pathetic as I've got over 100 DLC songs without any disc exports as the license has expired. Harmonix is very greedy.