Airdrop traps

Airdrop Packages are pretty easy to detect IMO.

1) Somebody tosses it in their territory, stays there for a good amount of time.

2) Is tossed in the middle of the map, as in in a place that nobody in their right mind would toss it.

3) Somebody tosses it right in the middle of our spawn.

Probably isn't if you're watching it drop and someone on their team runs up to it and tries to take it. Obvious as to why.

A way I've found to get rid of them is to, if near cover, be as close to the cover as you can, take it, then run behind it. The cover will protect you from the blast, if it's adequate enough and you get behind it immediately. It can also be done through cover if close enough to it was well.

Even so, I feel paranoid to take any enemy care packages.

I have a habit of killing the guy as he throws it so it is hard to tell if it is good or bad. Otherwise I don't touch it. But still, if a guy has sitrep on and sees it, let us know. I gets old being in a room full of guys with mics that still don't talk even to pass useful info.

Can it be seen with sitrep? Also people with mics in the room might be in party chat

I can't believe how stupid people think I am when they throw these things. At least try and convince the enemy you're getting a real CP.

Whenever I've used them I treat them like a real care package to give the enemy the idea it's actually worth them stealing it. I go and find a corner of the map and throw it down and 'protect' my little crate, giving them the impression there's something impressive inside it. Eventually they kill me and mass around it like the seagulls from Finding Nemo ("MINE! MINE! MINE!") and get their asses asploded! :D

Also, it's worth noting the killcam to see if it comes up on the enemy's HUD as a CP

All the enemy ones I've seen are smack bang in the middle of fucksville and might as well have neon lights exclaiming "EXPLOSIVE DECOY HERE!" all over it.

Edited by Rapturous Rich

I'm waiting till 10th to do sitrep pro and using steady aim and stalker for challenges up until 10th, but it's not to hard to recognise trapped care packages most of the time if you kill a guy right next to it and he runs to it, it's real if it's been launched across the map it's most likely fake.

I can't believe how stupid people think I am when they throw these things. At least try and convince the enemy you're getting a real CP.

Whenever I've used them I treat them like a real care package to give the enemy the idea it's actually worth them stealing it. I go and find a corner of the map and throw it down and 'protect' my little crate, giving them the impression there's something impressive inside it. Eventually they kill me and mass around it like the seagulls from Finding Nemo ("MINE! MINE! MINE!") and get their asses asploded! :D

Also, it's worth noting the killcam to see if it comes up on the enemy's radar as a CP

All the enemy ones I've seen are smack bang in the middle of fucksville and might as well have neon lights exclaiming "EXPLOSIVE DECOY HERE!" all over it.

Thats actually really smart. I figured out my first day playing that pretty much all of them are traps so i dont even bother.

Better yet plug in your mic and tell everyone else. I am tired of being blown up by one because someone else knows it is there and doesn't say anything.

They are easy to tell apart without sit rep. If there is not a guy on the other team frantically trying to get to it...its a trap lol. I like to throw them down and lay by it and pretend im trying to pick it up :p usually tricks the guy who kills me into trying to get it.

Also, it's worth noting the killcam to see if it comes up on the enemy's radar as a CP

Wait, you can press start and look at the enemy's radar during killcams in this game again? I thought that shit was gone for good.

it seems rather pointless to "sacrifice" yourself to fool the enemy into taking a booby trapped CP. a 1 for 1 trade doesnt really help your team. you might be lucky to get a couple who try and fight over a CP, but whoever starts first will always get it. or an unfortunate team mate walks past as someone captures it...

i like this streak as it helps to preserve better drops your team gets as the fake one always shows a high end streak to entice people to take it. still dont use it though. as a support package try and run things that benefit the team, like UAV and stuff

what i would have liked to have seen for this streak, perhaps with a higher limit, is an actual CP that becomes a decoy when anyone else tries to pick it up, even team mates (for balancing), although would be good if team mates could still pick up as needed

Wait, you can press start and look at the enemy's radar during killcams in this game again? I thought that shit was gone for good.
Slight typo in my post there. I meant watch the killcam and see if the little emblem of a chopper, AC-130 or whatever else is on their HUD. If it is, then it's a real CP, if not, stay away!

Whenever I've used them I treat them like a real care package to give the enemy the idea it's actually worth them stealing it.

Well, yesterday evening my team was defending the B-flag on Outpost from the side of the C-flag. The other team was on B and eventually captured it. I threw the decoy-smoke-thingy on B and hoped the crate falls on someone which it didnt. But after a few seconds i heard the beeping sound and: Triple kill! :woop: