Meteor Power

It is more rare than other power ups...just keep trying. Some people confuse rocket ball and meteor ball (one is for pitching and the other one is for hitting.)

Yeah, I been trying, I've done so many power ups on offense, and NEVER have gotten the meteor ball - I've had it done AGAINST me by the comp, but never had a shot at it - very frustrating. any secret to it - should I wait till I get 3 powers, wait till later innings, etc.?

• 2 weeks later...

I was down 10 in the bottom of the ninth. I had 4 power-ups stored up. Meteor came up on my second power-up. It was the first time I have seen it in 2 play throughs in the story mode. I'm pretty sure that what Blade said is correct....you have to be down. I was dominating in story and was never really losing. I was doing an exhibition game to get my final 3 achievements when this happened (hit a meteor, hit a mirage, and end game on homerun).

yea the guide needs fixed i wasted about 30 mins trying to get a meteor ball on player 2. its and offensive powerup and like the above posters say just let the 2nd player team get up by about 8-9 runs then get a triple play so when you get up to bat you'll be down by like 8-9 runs and have a few power ups from the triple play. i got the meteor ball on my send at bat. hope the guide maker fixes it or at least this thread is here for people who have trouble. On to the story mode now.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I posted in the Guide thread about this a while back and it should have been updated with these hints: If anyone is having problems getting the rare Meteor Ball to show up, be down by about 9 or more runs in the bottom of the last inning. No lie: I got THREE of them in a row using all my saved Power Ups one after the other. If you're always ahead in Story Mode, you'll probably never see them.