Hardest song to 5 star

Spade422

What is the hardest song in the game to 5 star on expert  

160 members have voted

1. 1. What is the hardest song in the game to 5 star on expert

• Beast and the Harlot
    • Caught in a Mosh
    • Llama
    • Other song (ex. Freebird/Before I Forget/etc.)

OK, so many people have been complaining not being able 5 star like 1 or 2 songs left in the game in order to get the "5 star on expert" achievement.

I want to know what you guys think the hardest song in the game is.

imo, the hardest song is caught in a mosh; incredibly awkward on guitar, very hard on bass, ridiculous on drums. (vocals is still kind of easy though).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For guitar it was either Llama or Antibodies. Both took me 3 tries :p

They both have incredibly awkward strumming patterns.

Lucky for me i've been following GH and RB since Guitar Hero 1, and Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s was my favorite one so i'm very used to Caught in a Mosh. 5 star it every time :p

I voted for Beast and the Harlot. Definitely not the hardest song in the game, but a song that doesn't have an easy instrument. Llama is simple on vocal harmonies, I gold starred it first try. Caught in a Mosh is the same way (though I didn't gold star it). Antibodies is the most messed up one, though. It is only two dots on Guitar, but I can barely get 4 stars (just can't maintain a multiplier), and the only song I have failed on Bass (wtf is up with the 2 minute HOPO string at the end?). There are a bunch of hard 5 stars if you are only a strummer in this game.

Llama was a sightread four-star on guitar, so I guess that's my choice for that one. Bass I did all on sightread but I'd go with Roundabout because the main pattern is fairly hard (though the length of the song makes the five-star doable). I can't even pass Llama on drums so that wins easily, and I still have four-stars on Antibodies and Roundabout normal keys (I'll say Roundabout).

And from what I've seen, Roundabout on pro keys is the hardest chart in any rhythm game so far :p Maybe it's just because it's a new instrument, but I think it's total hell. Perhaps there's a pro guitar chart that's even harder, though?

Llama was a sightread four-star on guitar, so I guess that's my choice for that one. Bass I did all on sightread but I'd go with Roundabout because the main pattern is fairly hard (though the length of the song makes the five-star doable). I can't even pass Llama on drums so that wins easily, and I still have four-stars on Antibodies and Roundabout normal keys (I'll say Roundabout).

And from what I've seen, Roundabout on pro keys is the hardest chart in any rhythm game so far :p Maybe it's just because it's a new instrument, but I think it's total hell. Perhaps there's a pro guitar chart that's even harder, though?

Yea, Rick Wakeman is such an amazing keyboardist.

I don't know about Pro Guitar, but for Pro Bass I suspect that Jerry Was A Race Car Driver is gonna be pretty damn hard...a lot of Les Claypool bass lines are haha

Edited by Echilion
typo

I don't know about Pro Guitar, but for Pro Bass I suspect that Jerry Was A Race Car Driver is gonna be pretty damn hard...a lot of Les Claypool bass lines are haha

You might be surprised at how...well, I certainly wouldn't call it tame, but the repetition does make it easier haha. Here's a link to the chart:

Are you a fan of his solo stuff? If

becomes DLC with the pro additions, that's the time we should worry (and simultaneously have the most fun ever!) haha. Love that chugging riff near the end, let the keyboard play the saxophones and the drums do the marimba and we've got ourselves a winning combination :p

Antibodies. It was the last song I got 5* on. The bass riff isn't that hard, but it requires almost perfect concentration throughout for 5*, and pretty much mandates No Fail on the finale regardless.

Beast and the Harlot isn't too tough on Guitar, Caught in a Mosh is an absolute joke on vocals (and I have difficulties getting consistent 5* on Medium!), and Llama is very doable on bass.

so, uh, why does everybody think antibodies is tough?

i didnt think it was too bad; definately not a tier 3 for guitar, but still...

Some people mostly find it a hard song on guitar because it has an unusual chart that not to many are used to. Sometimes its just hard to get a decent note streak.

If we're talking Guitar, LLama can blow me.

If it's Bass, then Jerry Was a Race Car Driver.

Drums probably LLama as well.

Keys is Roundabout.

Vocals would be...Misery Business? I don't know about that one.

Good Vibrations for vocals. that song (plus one other, but i had fcd it with a bad path) is the only one i didn't gold star on my sightread. it is literally one of the hardest things i have ever seen in rock band history (x1000 than fat kid, somebody to love, doin that rag, tangled up in blue, etc). when i saw it ranked as the hardest song in the game, i thought it was a harmonix tier ranking fail; i was dead wrong.

then again, it is really easy on any other instrument, so it doesn't even come close to this list when trying to 5* it on expert.