Shutdown Servers (Xbox 360/Xbox One/WP/W8/GFWL)

THE DEADLY DOG

Atari got shut down right? So Test Drive Unlimited 2 server's got shut down?

I know Test Drive Unlimited 1 server's are out but can we still play Test Drive Unlimited 2 online? I have no interest in it if we can't since I want to play it with friends and if you're not connected to online, it never rains...

• 4 weeks later...

Well I was going to get Nhl 11' but almost all of the achievements are online only. It's servers were shut down. It is 6$ at gamestop. I have decided on getting Nhl 10' instead. It's servers were shut down too but it only has one online achivement for completing a online match damn that would have been an easy one lol. Damn EA lol. Oh well I will 970 it and say I got 100% in it lol. Even though it won't count on here or true achievements. I loved hockey games growing up and I have never owned one for the 360. It is 5$ and 970 gs is pretty good for a game with closed servers.

• 2 weeks later...
The servers for Age of Booty and Flock are going down May 31st. Flock does not have achievements that will be affected, but Age of Booty has two achievements that will become unobtainable after the servers go down.

A link to article with information can be found here.

You da best! Added.

These games use GameSpy I believe and I haven't heard confirmation one way or the other what will happen to them.

Brother's in arms: Hell's Highway

Condemned 2: Bloodshot

Damnation

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Saint's Row 2

WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2009

WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2010

UFC 2009 Undisputed

UFC Undisputed 2010

Civilization: Revolution

These games use GameSpy I believe and I haven't heard confirmation one way or the other what will happen to them.

Brother's in arms: Hell's Highway

Condemned 2: Bloodshot

Damnation

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Saint's Row 2

WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2009

WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2010

UFC 2009 Undisputed

UFC Undisputed 2010

Civilization: Revolution

Where have you seen Civilization and Brothers in arms use Gamespy? I looked at the site that shows each game and the X360 version of those wasn't on there.

Where have you seen Civilization and Brothers in arms use Gamespy? I looked at the site that shows each game and the X360 version of those wasn't on there.

The PC and PS3 version of Hell's Highway uses Gamespy. Not sure what the 360 version uses. And form what I can find only Civ Rev used gamespy on the PS3. But that games not even listed on the Power By Gamespy list http://www.poweredbygamespy.com/projects/2008-titles/

Marvel is 100% doable offline right?

Yeah, you'd only need 4 controllers to knock out one of the achievements.

Regarding the GameSpy closures and 360 games, I highly doubt anything will be affected as the games utilize XBL and P2P as opposed to theor PS3 or PC (PS3 especially) counterparts which relied on servers/users hosting due to them being an open platform when it comes to multiplayer.

Yeah, you'd only need 4 controllers to knock out one of the achievements.

Regarding the GameSpy closures and 360 games, I highly doubt anything will be affected as the games utilize XBL and P2P as opposed to theor PS3 or PC (PS3 especially) counterparts which relied on servers/users hosting due to them being an open platform when it comes to multiplayer.

It seems like companies aren't being super clear about server stuff for gamespy. Rockstar was pretty clear and it seems like none of the MP stuff on the 360 is affected but a bunch of rockstar social club stuff is being "shut off." From what I can tell the only social club stuff for achievements are two in midnight club.

-Darksiders 2 "Pay it Forward" and "BFA" unobtainable.
This was fixed a while ago.

Too Human ---------Unknown but imminent.

Major League Baseball 2K11 ----Bound to follow the trend of outdated sports games.

Fracture --- With the closing of LucasArts Studio we possible can expect this server to come down.

These should be removed. They've been up all this time and nothing has happened to them.

• 2 months later...

Age of Booty and Flock shut down already so you can move those to the first post. Also, the servers for the following games are down and now have unobtainable achievements as a result:

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfare 2

Motionsports: Adrenaline

Powerup Heroes

Shaun White Snowboarding

Tom Clancy's Endwar

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Age of Booty and Flock shut down already so you can move those to the first post. Also, the servers for the following games are down and now have unobtainable achievements as a result:

Motionsports: Adrenaline

Powerup Heroes

Shaun White Snowboarding

Tom Clancy's Endwar

It appears that Age of Booty servers didn't go down.

Tom Clancy's G.R.A.W. 2 and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent servers didn't close, just clan support and uPlay integration did. Also, Powerup Heroes and Shaun White Snowboarding servers didn't close either.

Edited by Just AmazN

It appears that Age of Booty servers didn't go down.

Tom Clancy's G.R.A.W. 2 and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent servers didn't close, just clan support and uPlay integration did. Also, Powerup Heroes and Shaun White Snowboarding servers didn't close either.

Neither GRAW 2 nor Splinter Cell: DA have uPlay integration.

the servers for the following games are down and now have unobtainable achievements as a result:

Just a FYI..

These titles never utilized dedicated multiplayer servers, and neither has any unobtainable achievements. The only services affected by last week's shutdowns were hosted content (exclusive maps) and feature support (leaderboards, clan management).

Also, Powerup Heroes and Shaun White Snowboarding servers didn't close either.

The Shaun White media server was, in fact, shut down. Since it is a LS/PTP title, multiplayer remains functional, but the game does have one unattainable achievement (uploading a video to the now defunct media server).

Edited by j3s

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...