• Plasma Cutter One Gun Is All I Need
    • Plasma Cutter & Contact Beam
    • Plasma Cutter & Force Gun
    • Supernova Suit
    • Martial Law
    • Supernova & Martial Law

Which Suits Did You Use?

Which Weapons Did You Use?

Which chapter made you wanna fling the controller out the window?

Did you chapter two glitch or did it legit all the way through?

Hpw did you utilize the slots in your items?

How many Med kits, Stasis, Ammo did you carry?

Which tactics did you use to get through the rough areas?

Which Chapter did you save on?

What did you upgrade (Weapons? & Slots, Suits & Slots)

Before anybody goes AWOL this is just to see how you ran through hardcore and for those who are looking into seeing how people did it and which route they took on weapons and dlc and if you recommend the chapter 2 glitch and upgrade before you move foward, seeing how there is way to many threads asking what is good and what weapons to use, the poll will let those people know which one you the community prefer and which chapter made you wanna FLING the damn controller

Edited by DaHrtOfDaWhtDrGn

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My answers are in bold under your questions:

Which Suits Did You Use?

I used the Bloody Vintage Suit the whole time, bought Advanced just to get the 25 slots and armor.

Force Gun all the way, Plasma Cutter just at the end.

Chapter 14, because it's the last real chapter and the easiest to die on.

I started to, but then realized I could finish the whole thing before I could get 60+ nodes.

5 Medium med packs or one large and four medium, etc.

3 stacks of Plasma Cutter ammo.

1 stack of Stasis Packs

A shit load of Force Energy.

Above.

Run out, make enemies spawn, run away and kill them off in corners.

I saved on chapter 3, chapter 9, and chapter 12. Bad I know lol.

Which Suits Did You Use?

I used the Forged Engineering Suit with +15% to medpacks all the way, though I did buy 2 more suits; the Vintage suit for the ever helpful 10% discount and the Advanced suit for the 25 Inventory and 20% armor.

The Plasma cutter and the Force gun, both dlc. Used the cutter MUCH more than the force gun, so much so that I had the cutter fully upgraded about 3 chapters before I filled out the force.

Chapter 11, I died from an exploder just after I saved in the first store. Still safe but damn did it make me pissed. Second death was on the laser room, wtf I was crushed by the arms but I hadn't even started running through yet.:mad:

I do not even know what the heck this glitch is lol.

How did you utilize the slots in your items?/How many Med kits, Stasis, Ammo did you carry?

Never carried stasis except to sell. Ammo always had 3-4 slots for each gun, and a minimum of 3 medpacks of the higher quality (3 Full medpacks by the end of the game.) When I got to 25 Inventory I always had 7 medpacks and 5 slots of each ammo.

Generally I adopted the "Destroy all Necros" attitude, killing each and every hungry motherf*cker foolish enough to run into the jaws of my fiery plasma cutter, and then some. The only time I deviated from this path was on the red room on Chapter 13 (ran like hell) and the final run to the marker on chapters 14 and 15 (Only killed pukers and leapers, knocked down the rest and ran.)

Edited by NultimaSankekur

Which Suits Did You Use?

I used the Forged Engineering Suit with +15% to medpacks all the way, though I did buy 2 more suits; the Vintage suit for the ever helpful 10% discount and the Advanced suit for the 25 Inventory and 20% armor.

The Plasma cutter and the Force gun, both dlc. Used the cutter MUCH more than the force gun, so much so that I had the cutter fully upgraded about 3 chapters before I filled out the force.

Chapter 11, I died from an exploder just after I saved in the first store. Still safe but damn did it make me pissed. Second death was on the laser room, wtf I was crushed by the arms but I hadn't even started running through yet.:mad:

I do not even know what the heck this glitch is lol.

How did you utilize the slots in your items?/How many Med kits, Stasis, Ammo did you carry?

Never carried stasis except to sell. Ammo always had 3-4 slots for each gun, and a minimum of 3 medpacks of the higher quality (3 Full medpacks by the end of the game.) When I got to 25 Inventory I always had 7 medpacks and 5 slots of each ammo.

Generally I adopted the "Destroy all Necros" attitude, killing each and every hungry motherf*cker foolish enough to run into the jaws of my fiery plasma cutter, and then some. The only time I deviated from this path was on the red room on Chapter 13 (ran like hell) and the final run to the marker on chapters 14 and 15 (Only killed pukers and leapers, knocked down the rest and ran.)

:whs Pretty much word for word what I did. Hell I even died in the same place; STUPID laser room of doom! I did use the force gun more than the plasma cutter though.

People under-rate the plasma cutter in favor of the force gun too much in my opinion. The problem is the force gun is a shotgun, and for shotguns to be effective you have to be standing right next to an enemy when it fires (for video game shotguns at least, what the f*ck even at 20 feet this shit should be lethal.)

Let's face it: Deliberately getting close to a necromorph, especially on HARDCORE, is usually a very stupid thing to do. Upgrade the cutter first people, try using it more. Ammo drops more often for it and it can disable a necromorph in just a few shots.:uzi:

Ok so i have'nt started hardcore and im only on chapter 5 on casual i have yet to use the force gun cause i did the glitch on chap 2 for my plasma just to mess around, so basically from the info your giving here the force is a close range weapon? so basically i would be better off you using the contact beam then?

Something's wrong with my Plasma Cutter in this game.I used it fully upgraded for zealot run for about half of the game,then i switched for Seeker Rifle. For my Hard Core run i used mainly Force Gun for close range and Seeker Rifle for anything else. IMO Seeker rifle is way better than Plasma Cutter.

Ok so i have'nt started hardcore and im only on chapter 5 on casual i have yet to use the force gun cause i did the glitch on chap 2 for my plasma just to mess around, so basically from the info your giving here the force is a close range weapon? so basically i would be better off you using the contact beam then?
Primary fire is for close range,but you could use secondary fire for farther reach.

First of what is this chapter 2 glitch? Never heard of it before...

Secondly, I'm not saying that Force gun is useless in fact there are a lot of necros just asking to get a taste of it:

-Charging slashers and stalkers, both normal and African, usually die if fired on by a fully upgraded primary fire blast to the face.

-Swarmers and members of the Pack will die in one hit even at medium range (15 feet.)

-Primary fire usually kills and pushes back exploders without detonating their payload, so it's a great panic button if they spawn right in front of you (only tried this on live exploders, though. Don't be stupid and primary fire a dead exploder's sack if you don't wanna win a Darwin Award.)

-Necros climbing a railing? Get them soon enough and they die in one hit.

-Alt fire can kill lurkers with their tentacles out in one shot. African ones take more.

Oddly, Guardians, which the force gun was really effective against in DS1, have a partial immunity to the new alt-fire in this game. Or maybe I'm just that bad a shot.:woop:

I finally made it all the way to the part where the Reanimator chases you in Chapter 14, it would have been REALLY nice to know that he kills you in ONE HIT on Hardcore. My last save was right before the drill ride, so I only have about an hour to replay when I go back to it tomorrow, but that still pisses me off to no end. One hit kills are ridiculous.

Which Suits Did You Use?

SuperNova Suit with +15% Health.

Plasma Cutter & Contact Beam

None.

Nope.

5 Health Packs, 1 Stasis stack, shit-ton of Plasma Cutter ammo, and the rest was for Contact Beam ammo drops.

Stasis, and Plasma Cutter. TK impalement when I could. Contact Beam secondary to put everything into stasis and rofl-kill everything.

Ch.6 - un-needed save, just got off the game due to wife.

Ch.9 - same reason.

Ch.13 - right before the needle in the eye

Plasma Cutter got all DMG nodes, Rig got two HPs, Contact Beam got the Special / Alt nodes filled. Stasis got duration extended and more count.

People under-rate the plasma cutter in favor of the force gun too much in my opinion. The problem is the force gun is a shotgun, and for shotguns to be effective you have to be standing right next to an enemy when it fires (for video game shotguns at least, what the f*ck even at 20 feet this shit should be lethal.)

Let's face it: Deliberately getting close to a necromorph, especially on HARDCORE, is usually a very stupid thing to do. Upgrade the cutter first people, try using it more. Ammo drops more often for it and it can disable a necromorph in just a few shots.:uzi:

The force gun has an awesome alternate fire that does great damage at range. Hell, some would argue that it's more effective than the primary fire.

I believe that one can find a good balance between both the cutter and the force :Bounce:

Edited by Beagle Ninja

I'm most of the way there, just a little running and the final boss.

Which Suits Did You Use?

Forged Engineering Suit, Advanced Suit.

Forged Plasma Cutter, Forged Ripper, Heavy Duty Contact Beam. Ripper for most of my kills. Cutter for ranged/exploding guys. Contact beam a good amount from drill ride and on. Ripper is awesome, I never ran out of ammo for it and it allowed me to save ammo for contact and cutter. I always had plenty of contact ammo for buying upgrades and still had enough enough in reserve for when I needed it.

Only thing that really got to me was having the game return me to title screen right before I was about to make my last save. I got disconnected from Live, tried to reconnect, failed, and it signed me out. ARGH.

I don't even know what this is.

As many med kits and ammo as I could carry. Stasis only to sell. If you play your cards right, by chapter 11, you should have a TON of med kits and ammo.

Stasis + Ripper for most. For really hairy spots, contact beam alt-fire.

6,10,14. Wish I could've waited until around 8 but I had low health and no med packs before stalkers in chapter 6. Didn't want to chance it. Ideally, I probably would've saved in 8, 11, and 13 or 14 for final save.

Rig: All hp upgrades. Didn't really ugprade hp much 'til around ch. 8 or so, then maxed it.

Contact Beam: Fully upgraded. I didn't start upgrading this until ch 9 or so. Maxed alt-fire first, everything else late-game.

Cutter: Everything but spd. I prioritized dmg upgrades for this early-game.

Ripper: Everything but alt fire. Started upgrading this after maxing dmg for cutter.

Stasis: All but 1 charge upgrade. Started upgrading energy and duration here and there midway through the game.

These are really awesome, I'm about to finish my Zealot run I'll def be using some of these tactics but from my experience i hate the Force Gun, is that really the best secondary to use?

Use what you are good with. I personally prefer the contact beam over the force gun. Some also love the seeker rifle. Take your pick! It just so happens that the force gun, when leveled, makes hard core a breeze, and that's why it's popular.

Beagle Ninja where did you get that gamer pic from?

It's a Canada only promotion. I just used a free 48 hour gold card to make a Canadian account, then proceeded to download the gamer pic. FYI these kind of questions usually go through private messages or visitor messages. Helps to keep threads on track. ;)

Which Suits Did You Use?

Chapters 1-8 Forged Engineering Suit from the Supernova Pack

Chapters 8-11 Vintage Suit

Chapters 11-15 Advanced Suit

Forged Plasma Cutter and Force Gun.

I never died at the same place more than once so there weren’t really any problem areas, I just kept dying from stupid reasons like panicking or shooting an exploder too close or just being too tired.

However, in Chapter 6 when I arrived in the Zero-G room with the fire, there was a glitch where the batteries never appeared so had to revert to previous save. That annoyed me.

Had no idea there was a chapter 2 glitch, so did it legit.

Chapters 1-9

I carried about 6 Medium Health Packs, 1x3 Stasis and 2 full stacks of each ammo.

Chapters 10-13

I carried about 8-10 Medium Health Packs, 2x3 Stasis and 3 full stacks of each ammo.

Chapters 13-15

I carried about 12 Medium Health Packs and 3 Large Health Packs, 2x3 Stasis and 3-4 full stacks of each ammo.

In hindsight, I carried a bit too much of everything but thought it was better to be safe than sorry plus there were a couple of times when I actually needed all of it.

Stay calm and don’t forget about Stasis!

There were a couple of times where my death could’ve been avoided by using it more.

Also, don’t stay too close to a corner or wall so that you can’t see your health bar.

I made that mistake a couple of times and ended up either over-healing and using all my Health Packs or under-healing and dying needlessly.

Which Chapters did you save on?

Chapter 5 - at the end before you meet Daina

Chapter 10 - before the first Decontamination room

(I had died a couple of times while on the Ishimura and didn’t want to risk it a 3rd time.)

Chapter 13 - before the entrance to the Government Sector

(In hindsight I could easily have made it to the save before the needle machine but couldn’t face having to redo everything if I died. I was pretty tired by that point.)

Plasma Cutter first! Got most (if not all) Damage upgrades within the first few chapters.

At the same time I put a few nodes into Stasis, Force Gun Damage and the first 2 Hit Point nodes on the Rig.

Force Gun Damage was maxed next, followed by Stasis.

Got the Rig Hit Point upgrades maxed just before Chapter 15 as I was worried about the final boss.

Shit, I'm really late to post in here, sorry, haha. :o

Well...

Which Suits Did You Use?

Only the ones on your way through the game, which means:

Engineering Suit - No bonus (10 Iventory Slots - 5% Armor)

Security Suit - 5% Higher DMG with Pulse Rifle (15 IS - 10% Armor)

Vintage Suit - 10% Discount at the Store (20 IS - 15% Armor)

Advanced Suit - 50% faster Stasis recharge (25 IS - 20% Armor)

The infamous Plasma Cutter only! + It wasn't a really tough fight with it, cause I mainly had to focuse on 1 weapon, which means only 1 weapon to upgrade & 1 weapon to find/buy ammo for, simple.

Not a specific chapters, but anytime I know efffn LEAPERS, GUARDIANS, decompression rooms, zero-g gravity areas (close to the end) are coming up and I just can't get myself together, ergo doing stupid mistakes & die.

Uuh, sorry what!? :confused: NOPE! Only Chapter VII-Disc Switch-Save.

Most of the time (if Credits will do), min. 5 Medium Health Packs, min. 5-7 full Plasma Cutter Ammo Packs & min. 3-4 full Stasis Packs.

Uptown baby. ;)

When I was doing my Hardcore run, I wasn't that lucky to have all those nice guides & tips you all have now. Managed to get the 1000 :gsicon: one week after release. So I'll refer to them, cause they're really good.

Simply check this (all you need) --> Guides and Misc. by Tyger (Link)

Chapter 5 - After the cryo-rooms (Demo). @ 01:22:21 hours

Chapter 9 - After leaving Ellie & Stross in the tram, to check what is blocking the way. @ 03:30:58 hours

Chapter 13 - After the big door scene (Government Sector) when the Necromorphs overrun the soldiers in the entrance. @ 05:12:13 hours

Plasma Cutter - full

RIG - full (later on cause I had enough nodes to spare), but you can leave IMPALE DAMAGE & AIR (not really necessary).

Stasis - full

... I hope this answers all your questions, hehe & might be a lil helpful for other users. :cool:

Which Suits Did You Use?

1.What did you upgrade (Weapons? & Slots, Suits & Slots)

2.How did you utilize the slots in your items?

3.Which Chapter did you save on?

4.Which chapter made you wanna fling the controller out the window?

5.Did you chapter two glitch or did it legit all the way through?

1.I used the Zealot suit for the entire game. It didn't have that much inventory space but it was good enough, free and gave my primary weapon (force gun) +5% damage. I upgraded my health, and force gun first along with a little stasis duration. I put 1 node towards plasma cutter damage and upgraded the force gun equally. when I got the contact beam I ONLY upgraded the alt-fire. from there on you can do what you like

Don't worry about upgrading stasis energy/charge or oxygen level

2.I always made sure to have at least the first row full of health packs. Then I prioritized my ammo from force gun, contact beam, plasma cutter. just bring enough ammo to leave room for things like stasis or semiconductors. You never want to have leave them or drop something to pick it up.

3.Chapter 10, 12, 14

4.Hardcore wasn't as hard as I thought it would be I never died twice at the same spot and only died 3 times total. However, chapter 13 glitched on me. the part where all the solider aim their guns at you. For some reason that whole area was black. After waiting for at least 20 minutes it fixed itself but the first time I experienced it caused a cheap instant death.

5.nope

JuSt BLaZe: yeah thanks dude this is pretty much to help the community out seeing how there where alot of these question, Like what suit and weapons are best and alot of you gave some great detailed answers I appreciate every putting the time to answer all or most of the question, should make my life easier once i get down that road to HC......

Which Suits Did You Use?

I used the Supernova DLC suit with the +15 MedPack

Plasma cutter the whole way and the Contact beam towards the end

Mostly all of them

What's the Chapter 2 Glitch?

Tried to carry at least 8 Med Kits and 4 clips of each contact energy and Plasma Cutter

Which tactics did you use to get through the rough areas? Chapter 14 Onward the rush and stasis method, but i used the contact beam with ALT fully upgraded so slam and run.

5 ( because well i was tired of dying before the disc swap), 9 (right before the tripod nest), 12 (right before the drill ride, which turned out easy)

I upgraded health first on Suit, then upgraded plasma cutter dmg going for the Spc towards the end and upgraded the contact beam's ALT for the SPC and some of the capacity and reload (slow reload time)

Finally got it done after dying like 15 times. Took only a week to finish it.