Campaign is 2 DISCS!

civicnoob

Some people are confused, the campaign/single player is 2 DVDS. It's like FF13 where it says "please insert disc 2".

EDIT: I have beaten the game now, took me 9 hours. On easy. You swap disc 2 in half way through the campaign.

Edited by civicnoob

Yeah the disc swap is right in the middle of the campaign. Right after you start chapter 7. They should have done it like castlevania LoS did it. Where if you installed the second disc you could just play the whole game with disc 1. Or they should have put the whole campaign on disc 1 and put multiplayer on disc 2. I am on chapter 10 and I am only 8 hours in so the campaign is not long enough to need 2 discs IMHO. If it was 20 or 25 hours yeah they should have done a second disc but the way it is is kinda dumb. This game is awesome though so it's forgivable. I don't like how none of the reviews mention this though.

Yeah it is not that long, I am about half way through chapter 6 with about 3hours 20 minutes. I am not rushing around running either, I am walking about at my own pace.

But hardly any third person shooters push past the 8-9 hours anyway, So in fact this game is long if it really is around 10 hours. No idea why its on two discs, it looks very nice and lots of stuff happening all the time. Either way I am very very happy with the game. Better then all the crap we had last year.

Cheers

you guys sound like a bunch of fucking cry babies. are you that lazy that you can't swap discs? jesus christ.

This game doesn't have you going back to previous locations, so they had to add more areas, plus Dead Space 2 has multiplayer which takes up space as well. Calm the fuck down it's not that hard to hit the eject button and put the other disc in.

you mean to say that i have to install 2 disks!!!!!! OMG whats wrong with gaming these days, thats gonna take at least 10 minutes of my time :eek: or i have to get up of the sofa and walk the entire way to my xbox, physicaly press the eject button then lift the heavy dvd out of the tray and replace it with the other heavy dvd then walk all the way back to the sofa :confused::mad::mad::mad::mad:

hahaha wow you kids now adays always find something that bothers your Xbox O.C.D's its so sick how kids are with games now adays. like seriously whatever happened to playing games just because they were something you were intrigued about? your future will be very bleak if your stumped/panic/be mad on why a game comes with 1 or 2 disc. if anything you get more of your moneys worth. its not all about how long the game is too, its about the story and how its brought upon you and how suspenceful it is.

i personally cant wait to play this game cause it shall be well worth it. with 1 or 2 disc it doesnt matter. get a grip kids.

hahaha wow you kids now adays always find something that bothers your Xbox O.C.D's its so sick how kids are with games now adays. like seriously whatever happened to playing games just because they were something you were intrigued about? your future will be very bleak if your stumped/panic/be mad on why a game comes with 1 or 2 disc. if anything you get more of your moneys worth. its not all about how long the game is too, its about the story and how its brought upon you and how suspenceful it is.

i personally cant wait to play this game cause it shall be well worth it. with 1 or 2 disc it doesnt matter. get a grip kids.

thank you!

i got called a troll because i wasn't a fatass who couldn't get up and hit the eject button -.-

You, my friend, are a towel.:p

Seriously, no need to troll.

And plus, the word "fuck" doesn't make you cool.

Did you seriously come into a thread to tell someone else not to troll while not adding anything to the topic of the thread??? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Congrats, you win an award. The retard award.

you guys sound like a bunch of fucking cry babies. are you that lazy that you can't swap discs? jesus christ.

This game doesn't have you going back to previous locations, so they had to add more areas, plus Dead Space 2 has multiplayer which takes up space as well. Calm the fuck down it's not that hard to hit the eject button and put the other disc in.

I agree with you. Who cares if the game has 1 or 2 discs? It takes so much energy to swap a disc that you will have to go to bed after and not be able to continue playing. I would much rather have a finished and polished game than one disc that is crammed and suffers from unpollished graphics and gameplay.

I don't care about 2 disks, or getting up to swap. I'm just curious about installing. Like someone asked, and was ignored in favor of arguing, is do we need to INSTALL BOTH DISKS?

Oh, and the 2 disk thing is all on M$ for not going BluRay. That simple. Sony extended the offer of using BD, and M$ put their pride before common sense. Get used to 2 disk games for the 360. I have a feeling it'll be just par for the course in the near future.

Lol gamers these days moan about 2 discs ... I remember on my ZX Spectrum it took sometimes 30 minutes plus to load a game, more if it had multiple games on one tape! TAPE! lol, and you can bet your life the game you wanted was the last on the tape.

Usually it crashed right after too ...