UFO Abduction

g-man-z

Anyone any ideas on the 60g achievement survive UFO abduction? I have shot them and jumped on the top of them but nothing. The other achievements are fairly straightforward with the 2 relating to 30 monsters being a bit tricky but this one I have no clue how to even get it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been trying for it the few times that I've seen the UFOs but I'm finding it near impossible. Most of the time I end up jumping to high at once and I see the alien after its already started abducting me (at which point your shooting seems to stop working). The few times that I do see it in time I can't get my timing good enough to shoot right before I get into the "beam". The one time I did shoot before it was to early. Have a feeling this might take a while :p

Must be some weird timing with this one. If I tap it as soon as I'm in the beam, I'm dead. Anything earlier and I just kill it. Can't really see the window where it would let you get this TBH.

I get the same thing, as soon as im near it, it drags me in to the beam, but I cant still shot but only around it and not at it.....

I get the same thing, as soon as im near it, it drags me in to the beam, but I cant still shot but only around it and not at it.....

+1 on this. The achievement seems impossible, unless we are all doing it wrong and it has nothing to do with being sucked in, etc.. I have lost at LEAST 50 lives to UFO's while attempting this. I get sucked in or I blow it up and continue on until the next set of them...

ive read a lot of people saying what you have to do but have yet to see anyone with the achievement. so many times i can get 2 shots off while in the beam and they go right through the ufo and do nothing.

Exactly. Everyone seems to think they know how, and plenty of people are trying for it, but not a single person has timed it right? Something seems off to me.

Has anyone tried this strategy by Magespower on TA?

http://www.trueachievements.com/a151677/ufo-abduction-survivor-achievement.htm

The tip when going for this achievement is to play on the snow or safari level. In these levels your shots go up and come back down which makes it a tad bit easier. You want to shoot off to the side of the UFO and hope your shot comes down and hits the UFO right as your being abducted. Still will require timing and a bit of luck.

Make sure to turn directional shooting to the 'on' setting instead of the default 'automatic'.

Has anyone tried this strategy by Magespower on TA?

http://www.trueachievements.com/a151677/ufo-abduction-survivor-achievement.htm

This is what I have been attempting all last night, but of course UFOs don't show up all that often so I wasn't able to get too many good shots. You'd have to be very quick to shoot, -then jump- into the beam because although the shots have arc to it, they still travel fast. I'm guessing this method is correct however, would just take amazing timing.

hi everyone. I don't know about it being glitchy or not but I managed to shoot the ufo WHILE being sucked into it (that is, the abduction animation was in process) and i survived the whole thing but hey no cheev unlocked :(. I didn't use the strategy afore mentionned though. the mystery continues.......

For some reason, cannot use the quote option on my phone?

Anyhow... good thought Aaron. Have been playing the game constantly today, but have yet to see the situation arise, unfortunately. I will certainly try it if the scenario occurs.

Looks like nobody in the world has it yet... I wonder why Mage is so sure about the shooting method? Mage's advice is usually spot on, no doubt about that, so I too have high hopes for this. Is it based on another version of the game? Maybe things are different for the WP7 version? Mage... give us a shout! :)

Edited by Ooyah

Nooooo! I grabbed a shield, hit a propellor hat, and flew past a ufo. I wish I would have hit it to see if that was how this cheevo worked.

Most definitely not this. I picked up the shield, and then came the buzz of the Ufo. So I jumped straight up at it, and went through the beam, through the ship, and right out the top. Even bounced on said ship afterwards. This achievement blows...

Nooooo! I grabbed a shield, hit a propellor hat, and flew past a ufo. I wish I would have hit it to see if that was how this cheevo worked.

Very interesting! What theme was this on? I am mainly playing Jungle at the moment. Let me know, and I will try for it too. It is obvious that there is a big difference in the gameplay between the different themes, so you might be on to something. Worth a go!

Very interesting! What theme was this on? I am mainly playing Jungle at the moment. Let me know, and I will try for it too. It is obvious that there is a big difference in the gameplay between the different themes, so you might be on to something. Worth a go!

You know what's missing in the Jungle Theme? Black Holes, propeller hats, and shields! It's kind of nice, less to concentrate on.