FIFA 12 - Career Mode Bargains Thread - Post Your Best Value For Money Bargains Here:

Boomerang Cat

FIFA 12

Career Mode Bargains Thread

Now that FIFA 12 has finally been released many Players will be creating a new Career Mode with their favourite Team.

This Thread has been designed for Users to Post their best Bargain Signings in Career Mode.

Players of Interest Include:

• Bargain Younger Players who are showing a good level of Attribute Growth

• Players Bought from Smaller Clubs who have increased in Value immediately after you've Signed them

• Older Players who add a great amount of Attribute Value for little expenditure

• Well Known Players who have improved in Value and in Attribute Rating over the course of a Season

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: 22nd September 2012

The FIFA 13 Career Mode Discussion Thread is now Live on the x360a Forums. Please Click Here!

Thank you to all of the contributors to this Thread, making it the most popular FIFA 12 Thread on the xbox360achievements.org Forums.

Remarkably this Thread has so far received over 250,000 Views in under a Year, which is more than 4 times as many Views as the next most Viewed FIFA 12 Thread on x360a.

:bow: Thank You and we'll see you all in the FIFA 13 Forums! Link :bow:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Boomerang Cat

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just finished the first Transfer Window of the first Season as Player Manager of Blackburn, so here are a few I found:

John Smith - GK - Free Transfer - Attribute Rating 77:

After I Signed him he was Valued at around £2,300,000 and was much better than my 2nd Choice Keeper. If you've messed around in the Arena, John Smith is likely to be the Goalkeeper you were playing against. He has a very distictive look much like the famous Rene Higuita shown in the Video below.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a633kGljLnk]Rene Higuita Scorpion save - YouTube[/ame]

Markus Henriksen - CM - Rosenborg - Attrubute Rating 75:

A 19 Year Old Physical Midfielder who was valued at around £7,500,000. I was considering Signing him before the Transfer Window closed but his Overall Rating increased to 76 and his price susequently increased to £10,500,000.

Jordan Ayew - ST/RW/LW - Marseille - Attribute Rating 75:

Another 19 Year Old with seemingly endless potential. His amazing Pace will have troubled many Players of the FIFA 12 Demo and he is also Left Footed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be great if more of the FIFA 12 Forum Users could contribute to this Thread. It has so far received over a thousand views but very few people are Posting their bargain Players for the rest of the Community to consider.

Edited by Boomerang Cat

I have started in my season of career mode with Derby County, business wise i had a very successful window. I signed players who were either past there peak and therefore relatively cheap, or young players who havnt reached their potential yet, as a result of being Derby County were a little on the skint side.

Anyways i bought -

Experienced (Past Peak)

- Andrew Johnson

- Micheal Owen

- Danny Murphy

- Liam Ridgewell

- Stephen Ward

Along with a few upcoming talents (Pre peak)

- Ross Barkley

- Jake Livermore

- Jack Robinson (Loan)

These are the players who i found to be good value for money, especially the older ones to which are far easier to bargain for and get for a better price.

I've now finished the first Season with Blackburn in Player Manager Career Mode so here's the updated Attribute Growth of some of my young Players:

David Hoilett, +4, From 76 to 80, 1st Team, Whole Season

Jordan Ayew, +4, From 75 to 79 (Marseille), 1st Team, Whole Season

Chris Samba, +2, From 79 to 81, 1st Team, Whole Season

Radoslav Petrovic, +2, From 73 to 75, 2nd Team, Whole Season

Jordan Slew, +2, From 61 to 63, 2nd Team, Whole Season

Adam Henley, +2, From 64 to 66, 2nd Team, Whole Season

Sami Khedira, +2, From 81 to 83 (Real Madrid), 1st Team, Whole Season

Bjorn Bergmann Sigurdarson, +2, From 74 to 76 (Lillestrom), 1st Team, Whole Season

Serge Aurier, +2, From 64 to 66 (RC Lens), 2nd Team, Whole Season

Ignasi Miquel, +2, From 63 to 65 (Arsenal), 2nd Team, Whole Season

Leandro Bittencourt, +2, From 64 to 66 (FC Energie Cottbus), 2nd Team, 12 Appearences

Markus Henriksen who I've previously mentioned is now rated at 80, thats +5 over the Season and he's now worth £18,000,000.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished my Player Manager Game with Blackburn after playing the Champions League Final Vs Barcelona:

See Video Below:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

I've now started a West Ham Game where I've put everyone up for Sale on the first Day to try and buy loads of Players with great potential (of 80+), as SemperVerus posted in Post #10.

I've already sold Carlton Cole and Noble and bought the previosuly mentioned Markus Henriksen for £9,610,000 who in my last Career Mode improved by +5 in the first Season (75 to 80) and was then valued at £18,000,000. Not bad when the Database shows that he has the potential to reach an 85 Rating!

:)

Edited by Boomerang Cat

I've just finished the first Transfer Window of a new Career Mode with West Ham as previously mentioned, trying to sell everyone to buy Players with big potential.

Here's my new West Ham Team:

GK - Smithies - 66 - Huddersfield - £1,800,000 - Potential = 82 (+16)

RB - De Vrij - 69 - Feyenoord - £3,400,000 - Potential = 83 (+14)

LB - Daprela - 67 - Brescia - £2,210,000 - Potential = 83 (+16)

CB - Caldirola - 69 - Inter Milan - £3,260,000 - Potential = 85 (+16)

CB - Benedetti - 64 - Gubbio - £6,100,000 - Potential = 86 (+22)

RM - Henriksen - 75 - Rosenborg - £9,610,000 - Potential = 85 (+10)

LM - Redmond - 64 - Birmingham - £1,910,000 - Potential = 81 (+17)

CM - Fernando - 70 - Gremio - On Loan (Future Fee Agreed Of £5,310,000) - Potential = 87 (+17)

CM - Signorelli - 57 - Empoli - £1,750,000 - Potential = 83 (+26)

ST - Virtual Pro

ST - Leandro - 71 - Gremio - £6,610,000 - Potential = 84 (+13)

Some of them weren’t my first choice of Players to sign but so many of the Players who are listed on the FIFA 12 Database of having Potential of +15 or more had only just joined the Club they were at so it was impossible to purchase them.

Hopefully, given plenty of first Team Football, playing well and winning Games most of them will reach close to their maximum potential within a couple of Seasons and then I will be looking at some very high valued Players which I can sell on to buy more well known Players. Ideally I would like to bring Tevez and possibly Mascherano back to West Ham at the start of Season 3 if possible, we’ll see!

;)

Lucas Piazon, can be easily signed via a season long loan, he is rated 65 and his potential is 85 not only that he can perform all 4 star skill moves, not only that but his Stamina is 93 which means he can pretty much play every single match in a row and a whole match without tiring, he is a top class goalscorer and can grow into the future messi.

Stats:

I picked up Jordan Ayew as well. 3rd season in, he's an integral bench player for my team and is up to an 80 overall. I'm playing as Liverpool and some of these other teams pull some Godfather-esque transfer deals for me. i.e. Deals I can't refuse. Sold Glen Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, & Leiva all for WAY more than they were valued at.

I also signed the De Vrij & Henrickson that Boomerang Cat had mentioned. Both players are in the lower 80's. I also signed Minuain (sp?) from Atletico Bilbao (I think). He's a 19 yr old left winger who is a 79.

My scouts must really suck ass, because the best i've gotten in my 3 years is a 68 CB and 2 66 RM's.

I play as Newcastle. In Season 1 I bought:

James Milner - Man C - CM - 10m

Michael Owen - Man U - ST - 2m (excellent buy)

Phillippe Coutinho - Inter - CAM - Season Loan (seriously get him, he's awesome)

Aaron Ramsey - Arsenal - CAM - Season Loan

Van der Wiel - Ajax - RB - 2m (I think, excellent fast defender)

Thiago - Barcelona - CM - Season Loan

John Smith - GK - Free Agent

2nd season I've bought:

Fredy Guarin - Porto - CAM - 5m

Cicero - Sao Paulo - CAM - 5m

Saviola - Benfica - ST - 14m (fantastic striker)

Honda - CSKA Moscow - CM - 24m (best player i've bought)

Yoon Bit Ga Ram - Gyeongnam FC - CM - 1m (potential player)

Bruno Alves - Zenit Saint Petersburg - CB - 12m

Phillippe Coutinho - Inter - CAM - Season Loan (again)

On west ham career mode I signed

- Jack Robinson-Liverpool-LB.

- Connor Coady-Liverpool-CDM (On Loan)

- Ravel Morrison-Man Utd-CAM (On Loan)

- Terence Kongolo-Feynoord-CB

In summer when promoted looking to sign

- Lucas Piazon-Sao Paulo-CAM

- Jordan Ayew-Marseille-ST

- Nathan Redmond-Birmingham-LM

Or

- Danny Rose-Tottenham-LM

+ Centre Back about 60-70 rating

Mario gotze 84 £24 million but if this is realistic it would be. Considering jack wilkshire is 82 and 21 years old while gotze is 84 and only 19 years old. Also the fact that wilkshire would sell for more than £24 million and he's older and not as highly rated as gotze that's why it's a bargain.

I can now Update my previous post of my first Season as Manager of West Ham in Career Mode where I sold the whole Squad to sign some of the best FIFA 12 young players, with potential of 80+ that were available.

GK - Smithies - 66 - Huddersfield - £1,800,000 - Potential = 82 (+16) - End Of Season = 70 (+4) - Value £3,000,000

RB - De Vrij - 69 - Feyenoord - £3,400,000 - Potential = 83 (+14) - End Of Season = 72 (+3) - Value £6,000,000

LB - Daprela - 67 - Brescia - £2,210,000 - Potential = 83 (+16) - End Of Season = 72 (+5) - Value £6,500,000

CB - Caldirola - 69 - Inter Milan - £3,260,000 - Potential = 85 (+16) - End Of Season = 75 (+6) - Value £7,500,000

CB - Benedetti - 64 - Gubbio - £6,100,000 - Potential = 86 (+22) - End Of Season = 69 (+5) - Value £9,000,000

RM - Henriksen - 75 - Rosenborg - £9,610,000 - Potential = 85 (+10) - End Of Season = 79 (+4) - Value £15,500,000

LM - Redmond - 64 - Birmingham - £1,910,000 - Potential = 81 (+17) - End Of Season = 70 (+6) - Value £4,500,000

CM - Fernando - 70 - Gremio - On Loan (Future Fee Agreed Of £5,310,000) - Potential = 87 (+17) - End Of Season = 73 (+3) - Value £7,000,000

CM - Signorelli - 57 - Empoli - £1,750,000 - Potential = 83 (+26) - End Of Season = 61 (+4) - Value £2,100,000

ST - Virtual Pro

ST - Leandro - 71 - Gremio - £6,610,000 - Potential = 84 (+13) - End Of Season = 74 (+3) - Value £9,500,000

These Attribute Growth results were gained by playing on World Class Difficulty and by winning every Match, including Cup Games.

I feel a little disappointed by some of the Players lack of growth, like De Vrij, Fernando and Signorelli given their potential but I'll wait to see what Transfer Budgets I'll recieve when I advance the Game into the next Season before deciding whether to replace them or not.

Edited by Boomerang Cat

Signed Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for Chelsea for about £8m over his value

But what a signing he's turning out to be, gone from 68/69 rating to 71 in a short space of time, playing him on the right of a 433 that looks like:

AOC - Torres - Shaqiri

The wingers (who I signed in summer window) are actually the joint top scorers in the league ahead of Torres

Adam Lallana, who is part of my cup/European side/team, is proving to be a quality signing, rated 77 after about 10 cup games.