Now on Games on Demand for £19.99

venner

Ha ha this is brilliant news, all those chumps trying to rip ppl off with £70-150 price tags can go F themselves :p

Love tales of series

Seriously, how those guy sell this game so high? I was planning to get a second hand copy and WTF to the price!!!

Now I am so interest to see those guy selling on ebay with a crazy price drop:woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

I'm so glad i didn't buy it used last month for 70 euro's! Really wanted to play it and NEVER expacted it to be on GoD...

It's funny because just last week me and a friend had a discussion about GoD and wanted to see some sales figures. I mean who actually buys games on there? They're always years old and 9 times out of 10 you can buy them in the store or online for half the price (or less) then they ask for it on GoD.

Love tales of series

Seriously, how those guy sell this game so high? I was planning to get a second hand copy and WTF to the price!!!

Now I am so interest to see those guy selling on ebay with a crazy price drop:woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

Because the european version was only available for about 3 months or so before they halted production of new copies & the euro release was also like an entire year after the American release so in short; limited supply of PAL copies (this game isn't multi-region either).

I'm so glad i didn't buy it used last month for 70 euro's! Really wanted to play it and NEVER expacted it to be on GoD...

It's funny because just last week me and a friend had a discussion about GoD and wanted to see some sales figures. I mean who actually buys games on there? They're always years old and 9 times out of 10 you can buy them in the store or online for half the price (or less) then they ask for it on GoD.

Yeah true, a lot of the games on GoD are like 3/4x the price of a used physical copy, finally a role-reversal, a game that is hard to get hold of & cheaper to boot.

Yes of course you're both right, considering that there's no other way to get and play this game.

Still though, New >> Used >>> Digital copy; it's absurd that in this case we have 150 >> 70 >>> 30 when it should be rather 70-40-25 at most. Anyway, 19.99£ are supposed to be less than 22€, that's the core of the complain. Does anyone know why they produced so damn few copies of this game (the n-th of a rather famous series) ? It's weird reading producers complaining about second-hand marketing when they themselves don't give us the new copies to play with lol

Yes of course you're both right, considering that there's no other way to get and play this game.

Still though, New >> Used >>> Digital copy; it's absurd that in this case we have 150 >> 70 >>> 30 when it should be rather 70-40-25 at most. Anyway, 19.99£ are supposed to be less than 22€, that's the core of the complain. Does anyone know why they produced so damn few copies of this game (the n-th of a rather famous series) ? It's weird reading producers complaining about second-hand marketing when they themselves don't give us the new copies to play with lol

I agree. £19.99 is €22.62 at the moment. MS currency exchange is anything but correct. why Europeans pay more than Americans and British (Europeans as well)?

In fact I would prefer to get a disc instead of a digital copy but i can't afford to pay +£70 for a used copy, but as you said they don't have enough new copies for all costumers. BASTARDS! :uzi:so my/our last option is Games on Demand.

This might seem a little over the top, but is there any way to buy the PAL version in the US by making a European account? I would love to play this game again for fun and achievements but I really don't want to waste money. I'm just worried it wouldn't show up as a different version.

I probably won't do this, but I'd like to know if it's possible.

if you have a PAL console you can download this game with an European acount and play it with your US acount but you gonna need to do something like this:

http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/console-guides/xbox-360-guides/8109-xbox-360-vpn-setup-xbox-live-buy-dlc-games-demand-japanese-market.html

Edited by Achiever TM

So happy to see this was on games on demand, I wasn't able to pick up a copy when it was released then by the time I had some spare cash it was almost impossible to get a cheap copy. I eventually got a spanish copy of the game on ebay (it plays in english just the cover and booklet are in spanish) for £25 but if anyone hasn't played this yes they should definitley go for it (and as someone mentioned the stupid prices on ebay may drop now)

Bought :)

Although it will be a while to play to its max (so many games mid finish) I bought it for fear of it being a massive windup and the game being withdrawn - seriously 80GBP on average to buy on the NET, so freaking expensive!

Love tales of series

today I found an interesting auction in a tales of vesperia copy on ebay.

check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150589033042&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

£35 price drop eheh

if they keep prices like this I'm getting a second hand copy instead a digital one

This might seem a little over the top, but is there any way to buy the PAL version in the US by making a European account? I would love to play this game again for fun and achievements but I really don't want to waste money. I'm just worried it wouldn't show up as a different version.

I probably won't do this, but I'd like to know if it's possible.

It will show up as a different version, just so you know. I bought the game the other day, my friend has the US version and it says I haven't played it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am kind of sad. I haven't got internet on my xbox 360 yet (I've only had it a month or so) and it's all a bit confusing. I'm getting there. XD

On the other hand, this game arrived yesterday on my doormat, but I paid £59 for it. :(

I'm sure it'll be worth it!!

But yes, this news saddens me. XD