Worst multiplayer design I have ever seen!

Mutlucus

What the hell Ubisoft? This is by far the worst design in multiplayer I have seen in recent time. First of all, it's almost impossible to find a single match to play. And not a specific gametype, but whatever I can find. I have been searching for a quick match for over a half an hour and haven't found a single lobby with players in.

After one hour of searching I finally got in a match but only to find out you can't choose teams. Forget choosing, you can't fucking switch teams. If people in your team leaves the game and you are standing there 1vs5, you are fucked.

And parties, wtf happened to parties? I can't have a party with friends before I search, no, I have to find a lobby first, then invite. And it's 50/50 if they will be on your team or not. What the hell kind of design is that? How come no reviews mentioned this. Whats the point of having team gametypes, when you cant even work together with your friends. The gameplay is fine, a mix of CoD and Battlefield, but there is no point when you can't vote teams, vote maps or anything. Or is it something I am missing? The menu is a big mess aswell. I didnt find anyone else who complains so maybe it's just me?

What the hell Ubisoft? This is by far the worst design in multiplayer I have seen in recent time. First of all, it's almost impossible to find a single match to play. And not a specific gametype, but whatever I can find. I have been searching for a quick match for over a half an hour and haven't found a single lobby with players in.

After one hour of searching I finally got in a match but only to find out you can't choose teams. Forget choosing, you can't fucking switch teams. If people in your team leaves the game and you are standing there 1vs5, you are fucked.

And parties, wtf happened to parties? I can't have a party with friends before I search, no, I have to find a lobby first, then invite. And it's 50/50 if they will be on your team or not. What the hell kind of design is that? How come no reviews mentioned this. Whats the point of having team gametypes, when you cant even work together with your friends. The gameplay is fine, a mix of CoD and Battlefield, but there is no point when you can't vote teams, vote maps or anything. Or is it something I am missing? The menu is a big mess aswell. I didnt find anyone else who complains so maybe it's just me?

I have not played the game yet, so you may or may not care about what I have to say.

It's not Ubisoft's fault that it's impossible to find a match. They can't control how many people want to play the multiplayer, so don't blame them for that. I'm sure that everyone is playing campaign right now anyways.

I have not played any multiplayer games on the 360 in which you choose or switch teams before/during the game. Slightly disappointing that people don't auto-join the match if people quit out though. But, there's pros and cons of auto-join. Pros - you're never left 1 v 5. Cons - you'll end up joining plenty of games that are either hopeless or about to end, and it almost encourages quitting out since it doesn't affect the game nearly as much when you'll just be replaced. Ubisoft decided on no auto-join.

The party thing blows though. If you really can't easily party up with your friends, then that is for sure a design flaw.

Here's my question though: why are you not playing the single player?!

Vaas would like to have a word with you.

After Ghost Recon: Future Soldier I would never purchase a Ubisoft game with multiplayer in mind. That was one of the worst online experiences, if not the worst, I have ever seen. I'll be picking this up for the single player experience and nothing more.

I feel the same however I have always liked the user created maps in the far cry games, so that will be about all I do once SP is done.

I understand your frustrations. I thought they would of made the match selection a bit smoother considering the problems of the last game. Custom map editor is amazing though and i can see this being used more than the ranked matches. Luckily there are no multiplayer achievements this time around.

Just FYI - I got into a game first time last night with no issues and got to LV7 in first game, top of team and punished the other teams leader at the end of the game :) Nice little feature.

I didn't buy it for the multiplayer, but that doesnt mean it should automatically suck. And what the hell does it matter if it hasnt been released everywhere yet? So, I have to wait for everyone to get it to get a good online experience? It says 900-1100 matches is being played right now, that should be enough to join a game.

If they wanted Far Cry to be just a singleplayer experience, they should have done it so (Like Skyrim, The Witcher, Batman etc). But when they make a multiplayer that is barely playable that wreckes the experience overall.

The co-op is okay though and the map editor is pretty amazing, but it still pisses me off that I can't choose to be on the same team as my friends. I expected more, we are in 2012 ffs, it's not so hard to make the matchmaking like GoW, Halo, CoD, Battlefield etc. Stupid designing, nuff said.

Edited by Mutlucus

I feel the same however I have always liked the user created maps in the far cry games, so that will be about all I do once SP is done.

The map editor is amazing, it was outstanding in Far Cry 2 which is why it's so crazy to me that these games don't end up having more of a following on the 360. I mean a map editor removes the need for map pack purchases completely and should extend a game's lifespan considerably. But here is the fatal flaw: User-created maps aren't functional 99% of the time. It takes many many hours and know-how to build a map that a game plays on well and has a flow to it. Slapping down a pile of geometry and calling it a map is not enough, it has to work.

The map editor is amazing, it was outstanding in Far Cry 2 which is why it's so crazy to me that these games don't end up having more of a following on the 360. I mean a map editor removes the need for map pack purchases completely and should extend a game's lifespan considerably. But here is the fatal flaw: User-created maps aren't functional 99% of the time. It takes many many hours and know-how to build a map that a game plays on well and has a flow to it. Slapping down a pile of geometry and calling it a map is not enough, it has to work.

I agree. I am somewhat creative when it comes to these types of things and I have made many maps on FC2. Some of them are puzzle maps or 'jump' maps if you will, not so much made for playing seriously (since you know I hate MP). I plan on making some crazy maps in FC3. Can't wait.

I guess most reviews didn't mention it, because everyone buys the game for Singleplayer!

I played a shit ton of Far Cry 2 multiplayer, but as soon as I saw the first gameplay video of FC3 mutliplayer I knew it was going to be shitty.

The only thing that makes me mad is that they totally fucked up the publishing/searching of custom maps. You can only choose between best rated and new ones I think. Absolutely horrible menu to find great maps.

You missed out on ME3 Multiplayer, it's actually pretty fun.

But that's just it: i haven't missed out on anything... I bet it's "kinda fun" but do i REALLY need to play it!? Does it do something so unique or is it so addictive that it will be remembered for a long time?

Don't think so. Granted: none of the other MP's do but i'll just stick to my Battlefield and occasional CoD match.

But that's just it: i haven't missed out on anything... I bet it's "kinda fun" but do i REALLY need to play it!? Does it do something so unique or is it so addictive that it will be remembered for a long time?

Don't think so. Granted: none of the other MP's do but i'll just stick to my Battlefield and occasional CoD match.

It was very good and I, like most people was against it when it was announced. Calling it bad or forgettable having not played it just makes you come across as close-minded and foolish. Bioware have supported it and added a ton of content to it throughout the year, more so than most paid multiplayer components do, and all for free.

It was very good and I, like most people was against it when it was announced. Calling it bad or forgettable having not played it just makes you come across as close-minded and foolish. Bioware have supported it and added a ton of content to it throughout the year, more so than most paid multiplayer components do, and all for free.

So in your opinion i should play the MP of every game "just because it's there"? Plus your not reading my post: i'm not saying its bad, it just does nothing so exciting that it warrents play (at least for me)

First of all Mass Effect is an RPG with enough content to do without MP, second: i dont like 3rd person MP's (and i dont think the shooting mechanics of ME are that good to begin with)

Oh, and talking about close minded and foolish: learn to practice what you preach.

After Ghost Recon: Future Soldier I would never purchase a Ubisoft game with multiplayer in mind. That was one of the worst online experiences, if not the worst, I have ever seen. I'll be picking this up for the single player experience and nothing more.