Can't trigger cops to appear - after Career complete

mrbonelly

I completed career 100%, no other races left. Now i'm trying to get my offline reward cards for pursuits but i can't seem to trigger cops to appear during free roam. I can trigger the dispatcher and cops talk but they don't appear on my radar... i can re-race events and cops are dispatched, but don't show.

Any solution to this?? I tried doing a separate career save, but nothing carries over unless i'm doing it wrong.

PS. i'm also trying to get the 1k rewards card(i screwed up my save and spent the $ without autosave)

this is something very tricky...first of all you should drive to the location on your map which has the highest heat level(ideally level 5 should be), keep hitting civilian vehicles on your way until you can hear from your radio that the cops begin to deploy...pay attention to the lady's voice if she say you're "northbound" or "southbound" or "eastbound" or "westbound"...keep driving in that direction and do nothing but hit vehicles, once the red arrows show in your mini map, go for it, don't worry if it disappears quickly because it will likely show again several seconds later...in the same spot

and while doing this remember: just drive along the way and never turn around unless you see red arrows on the mini map, and don't go into safe house or show room or do any races or accept any rival crew challenge...because all these will mute the cop

this is something very tricky...first of all you should drive to the location on your map which has the highest heat level(ideally level 5 should be), keep hitting civilian vehicles on your way until you can hear from your radio that the cops begin to deploy...pay attention to the lady's voice if she say you're "northbound" or "southbound" or "eastbound" or "westbound"...keep driving in that direction and do nothing but hit vehicles, once the red arrows show in your mini map, go for it, don't worry if it disappears quickly because it will likely show again several seconds later...in the same spot

and while doing this remember: just drive along the way and never turn around unless you see red arrows on the mini map, and don't go into safe house or show room or do any races or accept any rival crew challenge...because all these will mute the cop

It doesn't seem to be working, Heat levels for the entire map is 1 and cops STILL won't show up :confused:

i think the problem is that in your map all areas are at heat level 1

very strange...it cannot be when you beat the whole career and your area levels are still 1, i know the first teammate you have(the fat boy lol) can actually lower your area heat, maybe try to use another teammate and do more races? just maybe...

i think the problem is that in your map all areas are at heat level 1

very strange...it cannot be when you beat the whole career and your area levels are still 1, i know the first teammate you have(the fat boy lol) can actually lower your area heat, maybe try to use another teammate and do more races? just maybe...

I tried it again, fired all crew members that lowered heat level and kept the autosculpt guy w/the porsche, still didn't work... suck @ss, i'm going to have to redo it under my backup save then. Goes to show you, always make backup saves

• 5 months later...

I have the exact same problem. The cops never hit the road no matter what I do. When I crash into cars or other things and the lady gives out the warning but nothing more happens no matter how much I stick to a direction or even when I do circles.

All my heat levels are at 1 and I tried different cars with heat level 0 to 3 and nothing. I fired and hired crew members all through but still nothing

I still need to get the cards for 20 defense races and 50.000$ fine but I can't, it's impossible...

I just fired up Carbon again to see if I could get anything more (I'm currently waiting for an aswer from Sniperworks. Hope that he will help me :)) but since the cops won't show up I can't raise my fine and I can't start the career over.

I just hate Carbon. I doesn't just have the unobtainable glitched achievement but also glitchy gameplay wich makes other things impossible.

Is there NO way to do anything but to start over while losing the whole reward cards?

read my previous post, i ended up using my previous save(luckily it was after racing sniperworks and before this fiasco) and redid it.

If you don't have a back up save, then might as well restart fresh, keep tally of your cards, races needed, etc

sorry to hear you're stuck there i know the feeling:(

I have the exact same problem. The cops never hit the road no matter what I do. When I crash into cars or other things and the lady gives out the warning but nothing more happens no matter how much I stick to a direction or even when I do circles.

All my heat levels are at 1 and I tried different cars with heat level 0 to 3 and nothing. I fired and hired crew members all through but still nothing

I still need to get the cards for 20 defense races and 50.000$ fine but I can't, it's impossible...

I just fired up Carbon again to see if I could get anything more (I'm currently waiting for an aswer from Sniperworks. Hope that he will help me :)) but since the cops won't show up I can't raise my fine and I can't start the career over.

I just hate Carbon. I doesn't just have the unobtainable glitched achievement but also glitchy gameplay wich makes other things impossible.

Is there NO way to do anything but to start over while losing the whole reward cards?

Well that sucks. That sucks hard... I don't have any older backup save. I never thought I'd need one because the game will get f'd up when you finish your career. Do the heat levels go down even when you just do some races online after? That would explain how it happens. Otherwise it must be a glitch.

There must be something we can do about this. I mean come on!

Weren't there races where cops are guaranteed to appear? Like the first one with your fat team mate. It's been to long and I'm not sure about this anymore but is there a way to repeat these?

There should be something that raises the heat levels again. I mean you start at nothing and cops appear nevertheless.

Oh and one more thing. Is it possible to lose control of some city areas again like through losing those free races against the other drivers that randomly pop up? Maybe it helps when you're not in control of an area...

are there any areas that you do not control yet? If you control all, then cops won't show

Well that sucks. That sucks hard... I don't have any older backup save. I never thought I'd need one because the game will get f'd up when you finish your career. Do the heat levels go down even when you just do some races online after? That would explain how it happens. Otherwise it must be a glitch.

There must be something we can do about this. I mean come on!

Weren't there races where cops are guaranteed to appear? Like the first one with your fat team mate. It's been to long and I'm not sure about this anymore but is there a way to repeat these?

There should be something that raises the heat levels again. I mean you start at nothing and cops appear nevertheless.

Oh and one more thing. Is it possible to lose control of some city areas again like through losing those free races against the other drivers that randomly pop up? Maybe it helps when you're not in control of an area...

I'm in control of them all. That's why I asked if there's any way to lose control of one or a few areas. I haven't tried to lose those races with the drivers that show up but I don't think this will do anything. Or does it?

at this point there's nothing you can do except work on your urban battle rewards card. Career is basically over once all points/areas are controlled.

• 5 months later...

yes I did, I also fired all my crew. I have 100% completion, and territory. Also the Heat level doesnt move from 1 at all. I have 3 cars at lever 5 heat and have done over 25 pursuits since I completed it.

If you need help just hit me up and I help you k.

They will come just stay on the freeway and when you see one slam on your brakes and chase him down lol

EDIT: So now in some area's I am at Heat 5 and cops come quick. Just make sure your speeding after you you hear the radio it works for me. And after the cops come and you lose them you get a auto challenge that goes to the 50 career freeroam challange. It shows that I have done 50 under the stats but no achievement or card. Ill keep going hoping that it achieveo might pop lol

Edited by PhxSuns1Fan