Details on Naval Strike DLC

BiggD

Well, nice to this sub-forum up and running. This morning, a nice little news article was released, revealing a couple details on what this DLC has to offer. Here it is!

Naval Strike hits Battlefield 4 in late March for Premium users, and it includes a bunch of new weapons and vehicles as well as Carrier Assault mode.

Carrier Assault is “a re-imagining of the classic Battlefield 2142 Titan Mode”, which saw players attempting to bring down huge warships. According to the BF4 Blog, the new version will take place on carrier ships.

Here’s the details, courtesy of the Battlefield product page.

• 4 all-new multiplayer maps set in the South China Sea
    • Lost Islands
    • Nansha Strike
    • Wave Breaker
    • Operation Mortar

[*]5 weapons all-new to Battlefield 4

[*]Introducing the amphibious hovercraft vehicle

[*]2 additional gadgets

[*]3GL (3 grenade launcher) attachment for the Assault class

[*]Anti-Heli Mine; an aircraft disabling projectile for the Engineer class

[*]Carrier Assault game mode which is a re-imagining of the classic Battlefield 2142 Titan Mode

[*]10 new assignments with unlocks for each

Most of it sounds super awesome, but garh! I REALLY HOPE THERE'S NO ACHIEVEMENT FOR COMPLETING ALL THE ASSIGNMENTS.

I hate those achievements with a passion.

No kidding. I am at 100% now only because the achievement for CR assignments was glitched and popped after I completed the first one. I doubt we'll be that lucky again. Some of those CR assignments are a real pain (like jet ribbons and sniping requirements - two things I really suck at). I would be swearing at my tv a lot more if I had been forced to get them for 100%.

No kidding. I am at 100% now only because the achievement for CR assignments was glitched and popped after I completed the first one. I doubt we'll be that lucky again. Some of those CR assignments are a real pain (like jet ribbons and sniping requirements - two things I really suck at). I would be swearing at my tv a lot more if I had been forced to get them for 100%.

LOL lucky you…I wish that happened to me. It took me hours and hours to boost them. Some assignments are just too far fetched. UCAV kills, Jet Ribbons, 15 Bomber Kills…I mean, sure, they're doable but they'd take you 10x longer than if you just boost them, and having to resort to boosting sucks.

I know this is an achievement site, but you two guys, don't you play games because they are fun any more? Why on earth would you grind through facets of a game like sniping or jets if you don't like it?

Just because the achievement list or Battlelog told you to?

Play to have fun, and what caters to your style. Who cares about stats.

I know this is an achievement site, but you two guys, don't you play games because they are fun any more? Why on earth would you grind through facets of a game like sniping or jets if you don't like it?

I'm not going to bother responding to this. If you look around the site, you'll see my thoughts on completing all the games I play, my thoughts on MP achievements, my thoughts on MP gaming and despite those thoughts, why I bought BF4 for the Xbox One.

This is probably the one DLC I am least looking forward to. Oh well, will get a guide and some achievements out of it. :p

I'm waiting on that Dragons Teeth OMG.

Better make a quality guide, my man! And pray for no glitches achievements this time around :mad:

Dragon's Teeth does sound great - small, urban warfare! Final Stand is cool in name, but will probably be average. Oh well. One more month til lame Naval combat!

After hearing about Carrier Assault and how it is basically Titan mode reimagined from BF2142, I couldn't be more excited for this DLC. I LOOOOOOVED Titan mode. The epic feeling of having your entire team dropping in on the Titan and trying to destroy it was amazing. BF2142 is probably my all-time favorite BF game and I can't wait to play a mode like Titan mode. Premium just became worth the money I spent on it.

After hearing about Carrier Assault and how it is basically Titan mode reimagined from BF2142, I couldn't be more excited for this DLC. I LOOOOOOVED Titan mode. The epic feeling of having your entire team dropping in on the Titan and trying to destroy it was amazing. BF2142 is probably my all-time favorite BF game and I can't wait to play a mode like Titan mode. Premium just became worth the money I spent on it.

Yeah I never played 2142 but seeing the training trailer, it looked amazing...Cannot wait to play this DLC...I took a break after playing 2 weeks after I completed KI3, just wanted a quick fix shooter lol..but yeah. Looks amazing from what I saw in the 2006 trailer and seeing it on with the xbox one..I hope its going to be more hectic as well! Play & finish AC4 before that DLC comes out! :dance: wished I could have played it in 2006, I think I was more of a COD fan "when it was good" than today...I missed my chance!

Titan Mode in 2142 was awesome. It could be a bit glitchy (this is DICE we're talking about after all!!) but the rush to bring the enemy titan down and use those escape pods to either boarder escape a titan hasn't been matched in an online shooter in my eyes. Really looking forward to this DLC.

Yeah those of you that haven't played BF2142 and Titan mode are in for a treat. It was the only redeeming quality in an otherwise mediocre game.

If they can pull this off with Naval Strike, I would bet that they could pull more sales off for BF4 even after the bungled launch and subsequent hit to the reputation.

Also, helicopter mines? I detect some heli-trolling in my gaming future. :dance:

Can't wait.

Don't get me wrong, I am to a certain degree still an achievement whore, but I don't have the same enthusiasm that I once had. My time is more limited these days and honestly, there are far less games that capture my attention. That being said, I would much rather find a game that I enjoy that hold my attention, than be grinding out achievements in games that I couldn't give a rat's ass about. Check my profile... there are quite a few kiddy games and EA Sports titles that I wish I could simply delete. In the meantime, I am getting increasingly frustrated because BF4 is literally one of the only games that I'm interested in playing, and most nights it's barely playable at best. I find it hard to look forward to ANY DLC when the core game is still so broken.

So yes, I'm 100% with you. Why bother grinding shit out! Find something that you enjoy doing and have at it!

I'm not going to bother responding to this.

You just did.

If you look around the site, you'll see my thoughts on completing all the games I play, my thoughts on MP achievements, my thoughts on MP gaming and despite those thoughts, why I bought BF4 for the Xbox One.

Sorry, you're just not that interesting enough to research. I was merely pointing out the pointless endeavour of grinding out things that people don't like to do.