Alex Kidd Awesome!!

Yea looking forward to playing the classic Alex Kidd again! Also looking forward to the Shinobi on here as I don't think i've played that one and as a friend of mine keeps on saying, it's the best of the Shinobi's! Can't go far wrong with Yu Suzuki's Super Hang On either, bring it on!

I believe Revenge is the best as well, though most people seems to love III more.

I'm hoping you can save anywhere on this as I recall the Alex the Kidd boss fights being random rock, paper, scissor battles?

Since this has the Vintage Collection tag on it I expect there to be savestates. Never did get far in Alex Kidd...Got bored though I love the guy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can anyone confirm whether this uses save states or not?

Yes, it has save states on all 3 games. It's very useful to save often in Alex Kidd in Miracle World. Mind you, I never play this game before and I had no clues how to play it lol but overall, it's a fun game.

I have a question regarding of Alex Kidd, how do I get a snack while on a Petit-copter? I cannot figure it out. I even look up on instruction pages under help but it doesn't tell you. So anyone?

I have a question regarding of Alex Kidd, how do I get a snack while on a Petit-copter? I cannot figure it out.

I assume this means finish a level and grab the burger/riceball while in a copter. I could be wrong but that's the only way I can think of atm.

Edit: This is just going by memory of the olden days btw. Not bought this collection yet, gonna finish the Wonderboy one first methinks.

I assume this means finish a level and grab the burger/riceball while in a copter. I could be wrong but that's the only way I can think of atm.

Edit: This is just going by memory of the olden days btw. Not bought this collection yet, gonna finish the Wonderboy one first methinks.

I did looked everywhere and shot everything in my sight with the helicopter....nothing. I'm at where I'm facing the french fries boss. I don't know if it has to be Japanese, Europe or USA version and I checked the caws for

Gamefaqs and find nothing about it.

You are right. There is a level where you started out with a helicopter and by the end of the level, you will reach a rice ball and the achievement unlocked.

You are right. There is a level where you started out with a helicopter and by the end of the level, you will reach a rice ball and the achievement unlocked.

Thanks for confirmation man. Like I say I was just thinkin about this from a 15+ year old memory and wasn't sure if I was talking bollocks or not :p

Edit: @ Morbido It's a riceball in the Japanese version and a burger in the US/Europe versions

Edited by pnutosan

No idea why it replaced to rice ball instead of hamburger as it should be because I was playing anAmerican version and it had rice ball. Europe and NA has hamburger in original version of sega master system while Japan had rice ball but the thing is in xbla version, it's rice ball when you reach end of the level. I didn't know anything until I read it on Wikipedia because I never play Alex Kidd series when I was growing up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...