Arcade Reset and Medals Lost

Padapolis

• 1 month later...

I had my medals and levels reset. A few times now.

One I know of is to purchase the Game Room arcade games on the Xbox 360 only. Then you go to the PC version and log into with your gamertag. Whoopee your arcade and medals/levels go poof. So avoid that.

OK, so only 24 hours of gaming lost. Now let's invest another 24 plus hours. The original medal count and levels have been surpassed. Yes, marching onto level 17.

Now... Let's log onto Xbox Live, as we know you need to be logged onto live to earn score and survivalist medals. Poof. The arcade is gone and the medals/levels are reset.

What to do? Let's contact Microsoft's Xbox support. Maybe they might know of any suggestions. Their response? Gamer scores are reset to 0 when the player abnormally obtains them by using an external device or programing and avoid playing the game. Etc. etc. etc....

Basically what the Xbox live tech support is stating that we are cheaters. Despite sending 4 replies describing what happened and that achievements are not the issue, the same reply is given. Although it does slow earning achievements when your data gets erased.

Personally I would like to know how many people were affected by the game data loss. I'm considering filing a formal complaint against the tech support for their incompetence and sending it to the corporate office. With the millions unemployed, I'm pretty sure Microsoft can find individuals who can read and appropriately answer a question.

I prefer games that do not play Russian Roulette with your save data. You can only play Break Out so many times before slipping into a vegetative state. Do not forget we are cheaters as determined by Xbox tech support for playing the game.

• 2 weeks later...

This happened to me a few weeks ago, but there is a way to get all your medels back...

If you load up game room offline without the current update, the game room cannot load your profile so has to start from scratch, so you will have no medals and your arcade will be blank.. DO NOT PLAY ANY GAME OR CHANGE YOUR ARCADE IN ANY WAY, otherwise this will create a new profile which will over-right your old one..

Just exit game room, connect your profile to live, and start game room again.. You should get the update (which has your original profile saved with it) screen first. Once this has loaded, game room should open with your original profile as normal..

To sum it up, dont play game room offline without the update, otherwise the game will create a new profile that overrights your original one.. The same thing happens with Gears of War 2..

• 2 months later...
This happened to me a few weeks ago, but there is a way to get all your medels back...

If you load up game room offline without the current update, the game room cannot load your profile so has to start from scratch, so you will have no medals and your arcade will be blank.. DO NOT PLAY ANY GAME OR CHANGE YOUR ARCADE IN ANY WAY, otherwise this will create a new profile which will over-right your old one..

Just exit game room, connect your profile to live, and start game room again.. You should get the update (which has your original profile saved with it) screen first. Once this has loaded, game room should open with your original profile as normal..

To sum it up, dont play game room offline without the update, otherwise the game will create a new profile that overrights your original one.. The same thing happens with Gears of War 2..

I cleared cache and was able to get in to the game without the update. I then saw that everything was reset. I went and loaded my profile again and everything was still zero.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This just happened to me today. I was 1pt away from level 16 and wanted to work on my last 3 achvs (lvl 17, lvl 20, and medal mad).

I've only ever played on my console. I do see the save file for medals/arcade but it indicates it was created today...don't know if that's cause of an autosave or what.

In my experience the medal saves aren't tied to a console but rather a profile. There were a couple times (last year) I played Crystal Castles at a friend's house in his GR and the medals I earned were showing up for me just fine.

This just happened to me today. I was 1pt away from level 16 and wanted to work on my last 3 achvs (lvl 17, lvl 20, and medal mad).

Wow, this has got me so paranoid now that this'll happen to me. That stinks that you were so close to it too! It seems like such a waste of time when things like this happen (especially some of those "time spender" medals).

Here's to hoping they come up with a solution that WORKS or a patch that fixes the problem in the first place. I wonder if creating a "backup" of your data on a memory unit would be possible, that way if it gets wiped you could restore it back to your previous backup state?

I had this happen to me over a year ago and was livid. Xbox gave me the run around and it's unfortunate to say the least that :uzi:"support" and xbox in general have let one of the best ideas ever become one of the biggest dissapointments ever. I started a thread an it got very heated, in short I thank this site for still givin this community a voice.

After several nightmare customer service calls I finally gave up on Microsoft. Information on here and from the Game Room forum on xboxlive (which by the way can only be found by searching, it has been taken down from the list) suggests that this A) Seems to be consistent with the freeze, unable to quit out issue and B) Chance is greatly increased if played on more than 1 system.

I only played game room on 360 but on several occasions I did play at a friend's house who had games I did not. Fortunately there was still a save file from then so I didn't have to start completely over.

Word to the wise: Backup copy is a necessity for Game Room.

• 1 month later...

Only played on my xbox360 and only online. Today, it simply reset everything to zero. So much for investing all the time and hard-earned gold medals. but noooo. just you start from scratch and who knows? If I'm lucky this could happen again and again and again...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, add me to the list. 5 hours away from the 36 hour achievement, 30 points away from Level 20 and now it's all fucking vanished. Everything went tits up since that last update; it was taking 3 or 4 minutes to boot off the title screen and then today, it just froze whenever I tried to get into the arcade.

Started it up offline, went back in and... everything's gone. Wonderful. There needs to be some sort of goddamn refund for this piece of shit. It's not like it's a retail game where you can at least play through the damn thing for fun even if it's glitched. No, do you think I would have spent 240MSP on fucking Centipede for anything other than progress towards an achievement? I can go and play half these goddamn games on a Java client for free but I thought to myself 'Hey, wouldn't it be fun to rack up some points on my gamerscore and play some old school titles?'. Yes it would be, if Game Room was anything other than the fucking debacle it has proved to be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This worked for me. Try this before you give up.

To make the above shorter:

1. Log in to the game offline.

2. Go back to dash at the second start screen.

3. Log into the game online.

4. Should load normally (did for me).

5. Check your profile first. Will take a second to load your medals.

Thanks a ton Eggbert Chuck.

• 3 weeks later...
Only played on my xbox360 and only online. Today, it simply reset everything to zero. So much for investing all the time and hard-earned gold medals. but noooo. just you start from scratch and who knows? If I'm lucky this could happen again and again and again...

Same here, 2 hours off 36, only 7 medals off 20 of each type. up to level 10. and GONE. i don't know if i want to play this again

• 3 weeks later...

When I loaded Game Room up today, it made me download a 4MB update, so I accepted thinking maybe they're actually doing something with this program. After the update, it gives me the disclaimer that I'm not signed into Live, which I found odd considering it signed me back in after the update as they always do. Then after the load where it brings you to the main menu it tells me that my save data is corrupt and all my medals are gone and gives me an option to start over or return to title screen. Pissed me off pretty good as I was just using the program yesterday to work on some challenges and medals. Tried reloading the program with no luck, looked in the memory section and the save file now has an exclamation point stating that the save file is corrupt.

I was just thinking the other day how I should make a backup of the save file as I do recall reading something about this happening to somebody else, but I never did get around to doing so and now appears that it's too late. Never had this happen to any other of my save files, and after looking at this thread it seems to be a somewhat frequent issue with this program. I'm very disappointed to say the least and don't see myself being motivated enough to start over from scratch as I had some pretty decent progress going towards getting the achievements. I totally regret ever spending any MSP on any of these overpriced games.