Thanks. I now have a raging Manchester doing a Leeds boner.

Welbeck is a solid signing, very similar style of play to Giroud. Big guy, good work rate and holds the ball up well to let the smaller, faster midfielders score. We should have bought a DM though, Song would have been fine but instead he's gone to West Ham....

We sold Song at exactly the wrong time, 12 assists he got from playing deep and there's not a better dribbler than him in that role, would've also taken him back in a heartbeat, even Sandro. Not sure on this Carvalho kid, twitter's a big fan of him but I haven't seen much or heard much about him.

Hey at least you two got to have some action.

All was quiet on the Anfield front, intake wise.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you have accepted him though? He's really not a good player.

That's why I said it was looking a bit dodgy. He's not that bad a player really, and Martinez was the last manager to get him playing well. We probably need a few extra bodies to get through the Europa League matches too, so I'd have been okay with signing him.

That's why I said it was looking a bit dodgy. He's not that bad a player really, and Martinez was the last manager to get him playing well. We probably need a few extra bodies to get through the Europa League matches too, so I'd have been okay with signing him.

It's one reason I'm so happy with BR. He could have bought one or two BIG players, but he bought a squad. We've more depth now.

Even we managed to sign someone, even if it was some kid on loan who is going straight to the academy. It was looking a bit dodgy about Tom Cleverley for a while too.

Cleverley is decent, but he just can't compete with 60mln pound midfielders. Him, Wilshere and McEachran all have great potential, but only Wilshere has had his talent nurtured.

So Cleverley could still join Villa on loan?

"Deadline" is a joke...

Falcao signing is just desperation. 24-26mil for a years loan.

There's flexing your financial muscle & stupidity. This deal is the latter.

So what's everyone's opinions on this transfer window?

Overall I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with Arsenal. Sure we got Sanchez but we were crying out for a CB & CM destroyer. Those 2 positions would have seen us as a much stronger challenger. Since we have to rely on Flamini/Arteta to defend our back 4 I can see the big boys ripping us apart, like last year.

Welbeck is an interesting signing. He has all the attributes to be very good for us, I've never really rated him, mainly because he's a Salford boy through & through :p but now he's wearing the red of Arsenal I'll get off his back. What's the betting he gets an injury tomorrow night! :p

Debuchy seems capable of replacing Sagna in the forward thinking department but he's looked suspect defensively. Hopefully he just needs to gel with his teammates.

Ain't seen anything of Ospina except the World Cup. Looked pretty handy in that, but you can't judge a player based on his performances he does for his country. That national shirt always raises your game by 10%

Chambers looks very good, few mistakes in him but he's young so that to be expected. Wenger saying he might play Chambers as a DM, not sure how I feel about having all our CB on the pitch at once.

Edit - Boy, that post got out of hand quickly!

Edited by The Eddmeister

So Cleverley could still join Villa on loan?

"Deadline" is a joke...

Falcao signing is just desperation. 24-26mil for a years loan.

There's flexing your financial muscle & stupidity. This deal is the latter.

Overall I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with Arsenal. Sure we got Sanchez but we were crying out for a CB & CM destroyer. Those 2 positions would have seen us as a much stronger challenger. Since we have to rely on Flamini/Arteta to defend our back 4 I can see the big boys ripping us apart, like last year.

Welbeck is an interesting signing. He has all the attributes to be very good for us, I've never really rated him, mainly because he's a Salford boy through & through :p but now he's wearing the red of Arsenal I'll get off his back. What's the betting he gets an injury tomorrow night! :p

Debuchy seems capable of replacing Sagna in the forward thinking department but he's looked suspect defensively. Hopefully he just needs to gel with his teammates.

Ain't seen anything of Ospina except the World Cup. Looked pretty handy in that, but you can't judge a player based on his performances he does for his country. That national shirt always raises your game by 10%

Chambers looks very good, few mistakes in him but he's young so that to be expected. Wenger saying he might play Chambers as a DM, not sure how I feel about having all our CB on the pitch at once.

Edit - Boy, that post got out of hand quickly!

I think Arsenal did well, and can now make 4th their own.

I think United did EXACTLY what they did last year, but van Moyes won't get sacked because of hypocrisy.

I think City tried to cover their own tracks so they can say that for once they're playing by the Financial rules.

And I think we did okay. It was sad to see a couple players go, but they weren't gonna get in the first team. Shame though, they were great for our reserves, but players want game time.

Hull won TDD though. Strengthened and then some. And Newcastle are now relegation fodder.

[EDIT]

10592615_711177005629188_502671562760815654_n.jpg?oh=e56c95f250ee4f7b691148fd2dea62fc&oe=54716CA2&__gda__=1416623519_4e9c25b672e200d6c9847e6402d7d8a8

Edited by TheRealJustSean

Really we should be challenging for the title, not consolidating 4th...

Can you imagine the outrage if Moyes spent 140mil yet didn't shore up the defence or midfield!?!? He wouldn't have lasted 10months.

Supposedly City were trying to get a lot of people off the books to fund a move for Falcao.

Hull had a really good day, some quality signings.

Haha! That pic is quality!

Ok ok I was wrong, Welbeck won't pick up an injury on Wednesday. He done it in training >.<

The Arsenal curse strikes again!

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/arsenal/news/welbeck-suffers-training-injury_174672.html

Really we should be challenging for the title, not consolidating 4th...

Can you imagine the outrage if Moyes spent 140mil yet didn't shore up the defence or midfield!?!? He wouldn't have lasted 10months.

Supposedly City were trying to get a lot of people off the books to fund a move for Falcao.

Hull had a really good day, some quality signings.

Haha! That pic is quality!

Ok ok I was wrong, Welbeck won't pick up an injury on Wednesday. He done it in training >.<

The Arsenal curse strikes again!

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/arsenal/news/welbeck-suffers-training-injury_174672.html

That's what pisses me off. Moyes followed this exact same pattern (sort of. He'd got more points at this stage...) and yet he got shitcanned. But this prick will be given time. It's wrong.

Also, I never thought I would EVER defend Moyes. I feel dirty now. :(

Well they messed up. And managed to get rid of more homegrown talent as well. There will now be a point where there isn't a SINGLE English player in their matchday squad.

Which must mess them up for Europe, because there's a quota for that stuff.....

I do enjoy laughing at United. :)

Womp womp. lol

That's what pisses me off. Moyes followed this exact same pattern (sort of. He'd got more points at this stage...) and yet he got shitcanned. But this prick will be given time. It's wrong.

Also, I never thought I would EVER defend Moyes. I feel dirty now. :(

Well they messed up. And managed to get rid of more homegrown talent as well. There will now be a point where there isn't a SINGLE English player in their matchday squad.

Which must mess them up for Europe, because there's a quota for that stuff.....

I do enjoy laughing at United. :)

Womp womp. lol

Exactly! Moyes had tougher games too.

It's all about LVG's reputation. Moyes wasn't a "blockbuster" manager so his back was against the wall from the get go.

Haha no need to feel dirty, you're just pointing out the hypocrisy in the game.

Remember all the media stink when Wenger fielded a team with no English player? If Van Moyes does that will he face the same backlash? Highly unlikely.

They will only worry about the homegrown quota IF they get back into Europe. Until then they will just through money at players.

Everyone loves laughing at United :D

Hydro sent me these earlier

http://i.imgur.com/U0h8dRN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8Hjd1aX.jpg

Edited by The Eddmeister

Farcical.

All these 'deadlines' getting extended.

Wednesdays only business (on the final day) was to sign Drenthe (yes, he used to play for Real Madrid) on loan.

On paper we need someone with pace and creativity. We dont need some arsehole who is gonna bitch and sulk at the smallest of things and put no effort into playing for the team that pays his wages.

Exactly what he did at Reading.

Not pleased with the signing at all. Why Wednesday think his attitude is gonna be different now to what it was at Reading is anyones guess.

That national shirt always raises your game by 10%

Unless its an England one...

Edited by Morbido

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/09/03/5080084/van-gaal-if-i-wanted-an-easy-life-i-would-have-joined?ICID=HP_BN_1?CMPID=FBUK_%3C140913%3E%20_%3Cvangaaleasylife%3E

Ahahahaha Louis Van Moyes has lost the plot. Let's take a look.

Budget:

United - Fucking unlimited. Obscene wages.

Spurs - Typically restricted to a net spend of less than 10m. Wages tend to be around 30-70k. No ridiculous Falcao/Di Maria signings to try and bail yourself out when in trouble.

Job security:

United - Pretty good. Have a "club culture of sustainability", tried really hard not to fire Moyes despite his unprecedented failure. It speaks volumes he lasted longer than AVB last season who, all things considered, was doing no where near as bad a job.

Spurs - Welp.

Yeah, "easier". Yes United's large budget comes with larger expectations, boo hoo. Extrapolating what has happened at United, if Van Moyes had stated managing Spurs he probably would have lost to 4-0 to AEL, lost 3-0 to West Ham/QPR, then finally lost 25-0 to Liverpool and be out the door. A hard job was Pulis keeping Palace from relegation last season. Beating Burnley as Manchester United manager is not.

Edited by hydrosugar

Exactly! Moyes had tougher games too.

It's all about LVG's reputation. Moyes wasn't a "blockbuster" manager so his back was against the wall from the get go.

Haha no need to feel dirty, you're just pointing out the hypocrisy in the game.

Remember all the media stink when Wenger fielded a team with no English player? If Van Moyes does that will he face the same backlash? Highly unlikely.

They will only worry about the homegrown quota IF they get back into Europe. Until then they will just through money at players.

Everyone loves laughing at United :D

Hydro sent me these earlier

http://i.imgur.com/U0h8dRN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8Hjd1aX.jpg

Well I meant City more than United in my FFP stuff, but the same does apply. You need a quota of homegrown talent in your squad or you can't compete.

Ha! XD

Farcical.

All these 'deadlines' getting extended.

Wednesdays only business (on the final day) was to sign Drenthe (yes, he used to play for Real Madrid) on loan.

On paper we need someone with pace and creativity. We dont need some arsehole who is gonna bitch and sulk at the smallest of things and put no effort into playing for the team that pays his wages.

Exactly what he did at Reading.

Not pleased with the signing at all. Why Wednesday think his attitude is gonna be different now to what it was at Reading is anyones guess.

Unless its an England one...

Should have gone for Frimpong.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/09/03/5080084/van-gaal-if-i-wanted-an-easy-life-i-would-have-joined?ICID=HP_BN_1?CMPID=FBUK_%3C140913%3E%20_%3Cvangaaleasylife%3E

Ahahahaha Louis Van Moyes has lost the plot. Let's take a look.

Budget:

United - Fucking unlimited. Obscene wages.

Spurs - Typically restricted to a net spend of less than 10m. Wages tend to be around 30-70k. No ridiculous Falcao/Di Maria signings to try and bail yourself out when in trouble.

Job security:

United - Pretty good. Have a "club culture of sustainability", tried really hard not to fire Moyes despite his unprecedented failure. It speaks volumes he lasted longer than AVB last season who, all things considered, was doing no where near as bad a job.

Spurs - Welp.

Yeah, "easier". Yes United's large budget comes with larger expectations, boo hoo. Extrapolating what has happened at United, if Van Moyes had stated managing Spurs he probably would have lost to 4-0 to AEL, lost 3-0 to West Ham/QPR, then finally lost 25-0 to Liverpool and be out the door. A hard job was Pulis keeping Palace from relegation last season. Beating Burnley as Manchester United manager is not.

Time will show how shite he really is.

• 2 weeks later...
Again, newly promoted sides, and Swansea. Hardly the elite.

Newly promoted sides, EVERTON (top 6 team) and Swansea (in form team), they look most likely to win the league. Especially considering how the other title chasing teams are playing: Liverpool - Poor, Arsenal - Shakey, City - Unusually inconsistent, Utd - Wank.

Newly promoted sides, EVERTON (top 6 team) and Swansea (in form team), they look most likely to win the league. Especially considering how the other title chasing teams are playing: Liverpool - Poor, Arsenal - Shakey, City - Unusually inconsistent, Utd - Wank.

They won't keep it up though. They'll get found out.

What's happening in Merseyside. Champions League team Liverpool bravely defeat European giants Ludogrets at Anfield. Now it's over to Everton in that pitiful Europa League, where they will face the pub team no one has ever heard of in...2008-09 German Champions Wolfsburg. Wait...

They won't keep it up though. They'll get found out.

I dunno, they have the most well rounded team. They had a couple of problems last year, but plugged those holes with Costa and Fabregas. Every team gets found out from time to time, but they look the least likely to do so. I'd say City is the only one who can stop them, and even still I'd consider Chelsea favourties to win the title. Even if City win at home on the weekend, unless it's convincingly it won't be enough to sway me on this. I hate City less than Chelsea, so it's not as though I want it to be this way. Just calling it as I see it.

Edited by hydrosugar

What's happening in Merseyside. Champions League team Liverpool bravely defeat European giants Ludogrets at Anfield. Now it's over to Everton in that pitiful Europa League, where they will face the pub team no one has ever heard of in...2008-09 German Champions Wolfsburg. Wait...

I dunno, they have the most well rounded team. They had a couple of problems last year, but plugged those holes with Costa and Fabregas. Every team gets found out from time to time, but they look the least likely to do so. I'd say City is the only one who can stop them, and even still I'd consider Chelsea favourties to win the title. Even if City win at home on the weekend, unless it's convincingly it won't be enough to sway me on this. I hate City less than Chelsea, so it's not as though I want it to be this way. Just calling it as I see it.

Ludogorets did well last season in the UEFA Cup. They played against some good teams, and beat them too. Should Liverpool have done better? Yes, but I would imagine that when Madrid come to Anfield, the team will play with more intensity. Three points is what counts though, and it's on to Basel next week.

Not sure which team I hate more out of City or Chelsea. :/