Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Tracker4502

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please check my thread for some tips. Like getting all the faction achievements as quick as possible, and Desert survivalist. You don't have to "heal" all of it, you can have what like -100hp and eat 100 60HP items and get 6000 points towards the achievement. As long as you can withstand the amount it heals you can spam all the food. I did it with Brahmin steaks. If you use anything please give me credit:).

Render Unto Caesar, 30http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png: Complete Render Unto Caesar.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1026/s35.jpg

At the end (or close to the end) of Ring-A-Ding-Ding, a spy will approach you and give you the Mark of Caesar as well as telling you to go to Cottonwood Cove. Go to said Cove and start working for Caesar; this achievement should pop after 'Et Tumor, Brute?' but it is possible to get the achievement without completing the secondary quest.

This is a video of the vault 34 which can help you for the "Et tumor, brute" quest : [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMSCvd4n43I]YouTube - Fallout New Vegas : Vault 34 complete walkthrough[/ame]

Enemies have significantly more health, so if it gets too challenging turn down the difficulty before turning off hardcore mode.

Can you confirm that changing your difficuly settings won't stop you getting the Hardcore achievement.

I changed my difficulty setting from Normal to Very Easy but left hardcore on but a number of people are saying that you don't get the achievement if you change the difficulty settings mid-game.

Also, do you get less XP points on an easier difficulty setting?

I don't believe this is right. I'll have to double check, but I'm pretty sure I completed Volare and still have all four faction quest lines available.

Follow-up: completing Volare! definitely DOES NOT close any main quest line. I finished the quest and still have Things That Go Boom, Render Unto Caesar, Wild Card: Change In Management, and The House Always Wins active.

I finished Volare before going to see the NCR Ambassador and starting Things That Go Boom. Perhaps if that quest is active you have to be more cautious in your answers to avoid committing the Boomers to any faction.

Ferocious: Thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to add them to the guide and give you credit!

You're welcome and thanks. =)

Globe Trotter is not missable. I killed Mr House then collected the globes and still got the achievement.

No it's not missable in the usual terms. However, if someone doesn't realize how important having multiple saves are, especially ones prior to agreeing with the pop-up when it says "are you sure blah blah blah" at the end of the game aka the point of no return, they will miss whatever achievements that are left unfinished which aren't tied into the end-game mission(s) or that can be acquired during the end-game mission(s). So even if you make multiple saves, keep saves PRIOR to the end-game sequence just in case or if you want to use that character to clean up achievements, missions, and/or just explore. Multiple saves at key parts of the game are important, especially in RPG's. Most here know that already, however apparently some do not from reading through some threads lol.

Edited by Ferocious

Can you confirm that changing your difficuly settings won't stop you getting the Hardcore achievement.

I changed my difficulty setting from Normal to Very Easy but left hardcore on but a number of people are saying that you don't get the achievement if you change the difficulty settings mid-game.

Also, do you get less XP points on an easier difficulty setting?

I can't absolutely confirm that it won't happen, but unless you experience a glitch you can change the difficulty and still get the achievement. I've never heard of someone not getting the achievement for lowering the difficulty.

You get the same experience regardless of the difficulty setting.

Follow-up: completing Volare! definitely DOES NOT close any main quest line. I finished the quest and still have Things That Go Boom, Render Unto Caesar, Wild Card: Change In Management, and The House Always Wins active.

I finished Volare before going to see the NCR Ambassador and starting Things That Go Boom. Perhaps if that quest is active you have to be more cautious in your answers to avoid committing the Boomers to any faction.

You're right; Volare! itself isn't what locks you out. It's right after when you report to your faction of choice to the contact for that faction. But that's a mouthful, so I simply put Volare! because it's an easily identifiable point instead of 'when you report back to your superior / ally'.

You gave credit for having it pointed out to you that you cannot fast travel to undiscovered locations after using the explorer perk, yet you still left the wrong info in the guide.

You can not fast travel to the undiscovered locations. However, if you read the achievement info I say to fast travel to the nearest discovered location and walk to each undiscovered location. However I will try to clean up the wording.

Your roadmap is a bit hard to understand. Should I do hardcore my first playthrough?

I suggest yes as that play through I have you doing the least amount of hard non-story achievements (and thus you have a lot more flexibility for skills and perks). However, if you think that you want to get to know Fallout more before attempting hardcore, I suggest attempting it on your third / fourth play through as those have the least difficult achievements for the run. I'll add more wording to the roadmap and color code it to make it more clear; thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by Tracker4502

You're right; Volare! itself isn't what locks you out. It's right after when you report to your faction of choice to the contact for that faction. But that's a mouthful, so I simply put Volare! because it's an easily identifiable point instead of 'when you report back to your superior / ally'.

Gotcha. Depending on faction, it might even be a little farther. When I finished Wild Card: Side Bets and reported the Boomers are with me, the quests The Wrath of Caesar and Don't Tread on the Bear both started, but no faction quest lines closed.

I think this is about as far as you can get, as any additional faction quests will close off either the Legion or the NCR (you can still do side quests, provided they don't involve either the Legion or NCR).

add to Desert Survivalist. food is NOT things you drink so sunset and nuka cola dont give to achivment.

i think it is food but not the game, water sims to be food still

In fact, if you wanna know if something you eat will count as food, just look at the description in your pip-boy and if FOD -(something) appear in the effects, it will count.

If I understand correctly, if I save right after Ring a Ding Ding, I should be alright to reload it when I want to do the other main quest factions achievements?

Also, if I save with hardcore mode on, turn it off, and then reload, will hardcore be still on?

In fact, if you wanna know if something you eat will count as food, just look at the description in your pip-boy and if FOD -(something) appear in the effects, it will count.

If I understand correctly, if I save right after Ring a Ding Ding, I should be alright to reload it when I want to do the other main quest factions achievements?

Also, if I save with hardcore mode on, turn it off, and then reload, will hardcore be still on?

You can actually get a little farther before needing to save, but yes, at that point you can reload the save to finish any of the four plot lines.

EDIT: Added the specific lock-out points for each faction to the guide as it seems to be a frequent question.

In regards to hardcore mode, it should yes. But I wouldn't take that risk and would suggest simply completing it for your first play through just so you're done with it.

Edited by Tracker4502

I can't absolutely confirm that it won't happen, but unless you experience a glitch you can change the difficulty and still get the achievement. I've never heard of someone not getting the achievement for lowering the difficulty.

You get the same experience regardless of the difficulty setting.

It glitched on mine. Didn't touch hardcore but changed difficulty between easy-normal-hard (up and down). 40 hours no achievement.

Where would you recommend to make a save to enable a reload for the faction achievements. Ive only just reached boulder city in the story so im not far in.

Complete the Volare! quests and destroy the Brotherhood of Steel's Bunker in Hidden Valley before doing any of The House Always Wins, Render Unto Caesar, For the Republic and Wild Card quests. Doing those two things will make all the faction storylines much quicker; bare in mind that as soon as you begin a faction storyline the other factions begin to dislike you (especially if you are with the Legion).

You could also kill the Great Khan leaders and complete G.I. Blues so the King owes you a favor (useful for NCR storyline), investigate the Omertas and kill their bosses (useful for Mr House and NCR storyline), and talk to the White Glove Society (useful for Independent storyline)