Stepping up and Stepping down...

Creech

Hello all, your friendly neighborhood dragon here....

We have had a variety of staffing changes over the last month and I have been something of a slacker in letting everyone know about them.

AOS Puck - who became a moderator at the same time that The Pants Party and I did, way back in the dark ages, has stepped down as real life has overcome his ability to help the site out. He was the king of spam killers for many years and will definitely be missed!

Grifter Reborn - He helped drive the creation and expansion of the Community and Events Team, and didn't mind drinking coffee with me in the mornings while I rambled on about a wide variety of topics. I know Capn Doug will miss him also because Doug is stepping up to become the lead of the CET.

KillerBEA - Employment needs have helped BEA make the decision to move on and focus on ensuring he has food on his table and a roof over his head, which seems like a smart move. Gotta have electricity to run your Xbox, right? The CET will likely be recruiting soon to fill the vacancies created by BEA and Grif leaving, so stay tuned for that!

Kairi - Always a productive member of the Guides and Awards team, Kairi is going to try to fill Puck's anti-spam shoes by wielding the mighty ban-hammer as she has been promoted to moderator on top of her other duties.

As always, thanks for reading!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! Recruit me! Recruit me! :p

Congrats to Kimi. She deserves it. She's always been once of the most genuinely friendliest people around the site.

+1 to this. I've already said it, but congratulations to you, Kairi, for one of the most well deserved promotions I've seen on here :dance:

http://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/123/123510vl41zvzjt7.gif

Felt a quick google image search is the least I can do :p

I've never interacted much at all with Grifter, but always found his posts amusing. Hopefully KillerBEA can find some time to play some Street Fighter 4 as we never got around to it. I'm hoping to pick up the retail copy of USF4 this week. ;) As for Puck, I for one can confirm he was completely on top of the trolls and idiots having been reprimanded more than once by him in the past. Having said that, I think he did a great and fair job. Good on ya. :)

I've already congratulated Kairi on "being Blue", but it's true. She is incredibly approachable and uber friendly! :)

Thank you everyone! I am truly honored to receive this promotion and am thankful to have this opportunity to help out the site even more! :D I will do everything I can to keep this site free of spammers!

I've given her access to my entire collection of ban hammers, so let's see what you think of her in a few months time. ;)

Thank you very much for the collection of ban hammers, buddy! http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/hug.gif I will do my best to fill those shoes of yours even though they are a big shoes to fill. I'm still not used to seeing you not in blue! I promise to take excellent care of your ban hammers and to put every single one of them to good use! Each ban hammer will be wielded carefully, and I will take your advice on when to use which hammers. ;)

Also, you should have asked me to make you a theme song or taken one of my silly spam songs from one of my reported posts and made that your theme song! :p I am going to miss making all of those spam songs, but I suppose I can use one of them as my theme song now! XD

I've given her access to my entire collection of ban hammers, so let's see what you think of her in a few months time. ;)

Hopefully I won't do anything to get hit with one of those, lol. Since it's your banhammers, this might be her the first few weeks:

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/deadpool-thor-hammer.gif

:D Just kidding of course!

Also, you should have asked me to make you a theme song or taken one of my silly spam songs from one of my reported posts and made that your theme song! :p I am going to miss making all of those spam songs, but I suppose I can use one of them as my theme song now! XD

I might just do that for you, if you'd like. Do you want it to the tune of The Flintstones, The Jetsons, or something else?

Edited by StayonTarget

You'll have to come back for that. ;)

Ditto. Always sad to see staff/mods step down but it is always nice to see them step up. :drunk

I would come back in full force if I was able to help the site with events and tournaments. Hell, I shared like 15+ ideas in the last two tourney-seeking threads :)

Hopefully I won't do anything to get hit with one of those, lol. Since it's your banhammers, this might be her the first few weeks:

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/deadpool-thor-hammer.gif

:D Just kidding of course!

As long as you follow the site's Code of Conduct and do not do anything that violates it, there is nothing to be concerned about!

Also, I really like the gif, especially since I finally saw Thor last week! =D So far, that gif does not describe me though as I have already used a couple of ban hammers and am in the middle of cleaning three of them off right now since I got spam all over them. :p

I might just do that for you, if you'd like. Do you want it to the tune of The Flintstones, The Jetsons, or something else?

I have several of my own spam songs, but you can definitely make some too! I think a Flintstones one would be pretty awesome!

I think I am going to go with my Pokemon-themed spam song to start with! For those that are curious as to what that is... here it is! XD

I want to be the very best,

Like no one ever was.

To spot them is my real test,

To ban them is my cause.

I will travel across the forums,

Searching far and wide.

Each spam account to give a ban

The power of delete

Spam users! Gotta ban them all!

It's you and me

I know it’s my destiny

Ban Hammer, oh, you're my best friend

In a world we must defend

A heart so true

Our courage will pull us through

You spam here and I'll ban you

I'll see what I can do!

That could use a little work. It's almost perfect, but a few things need an extra syllable here and there. "Spam users!" as opposed to "Gotta catch them all." You need more syllables.

I think all of the syllables are right; "Spam users" is the same amount of syllables as "Pokemon", and "Gotta ban them all" is the same amount as "Gotta catch them all".