13ip0lar

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought the game was pretty good. I thought the ending sucked and was weak. My main complaints were the lag and everytime I saw a tow truck (for driving all of the cars achievement), it would disappear....I would stop the tow truck, hop out of my squad car, turn to get into tow truck, and BAM it's gone.:mad: The tow truck didn't seem to spawn that much either. Complete pain in the ass.

I thought the mechanics/methods behind making the game was pretty cool though. :)

• 4 months later...

I loved the interrigations and everything about the game BUT

1 Driving every vehicle in the game atleast once. WHY ? this has to be one of the dumbest achivements ever.

2.The game had 3 discs to it so constant disc switching,that started to really bug me.

Spoiler ALERT AT BOTTOM

The ending had me yelling and cussing at the TV what the hell is up with that. Cole dies at the end in a sewer wow what a dumb fucking ending. Thanks Team Bondi for saying Fuck you guys thanks for the ride hope you liked it while it was fun

Edited by Deadsea 1993

• 1 month later...

Not that I expect anyone to care, but I've despised this 'game' for a long time. My review from when it originally released:

http://www.giantbomb.com/la-noire/61-21500/user-reviews/?review_id=19682

I agree with the person who said it was $60 misspent.

I turned this game in as soon as I knocked out the original 50 cheevos (including the ones from the first two DLC) and never looked back. But the achievement whore in me just won't leave it alone. I keep seeing that missing 200 G on my activity page and I know those cheevos have gotta be super easy, but I don't want to pay for the DLC.

So, yesterday I happened across a pre-owned copy of the Complete Edition and said to myself, "Hey, I could get those achievements for 'Nicholson Electroplating' and 'Reefer Madness' in a day or so and then turn this back in to GameStop and get all my money back... Free DLC! BWA-HA-HA!!

So I picked it up and took it home. Remembering that the first time around, the game ran better installed, I went ahead and did that. The 4 discs are almost 26 fucking gigs! Anyway, I then copied my old saves back into the game file and fired her up.

When the opening title menu comes up, all I can select is NEW and EXTRAS. WTF? I check the saves and they're still there and don't seem corrupt, but the game is ignoring them.

I couldn't understand because when I got the GOTY Edition of Red Dead Redemption, I didn't even have to re-install. I plugged the disc into the drive and headed over to the previously PS3-exclusive content and it fired right up.

So I head onto the Interwebs, and there I discover that R* was kind enough to change L.A. Noire for the Complete Edition. So, now, instead of the DLC cases being separate, like they were before, they are integrated into the various desks as part of the story.

The real kicker is that the Complete Edition does not recognize saves from the original edition. And apparently if you have a save from the original, it will prevent the Complete Edition from making a new save game.

Thanks a bunch for that, R*.

Essentially what this all boils down to is that in order to get the 10 cheevos I haven't acquired, I have to play the whole fucking game again. Okay, that's not entirely true, but considering "Nicholson's Electroplating" is the penultimate case I might as well be playing the whole fucking game again... Granted, I don't have to work to get the other cheevos, but still.

Good thing there are so many walkthroughs and that my partner can drive me everywhere. I knocked out the first 2 desks last night. But even then this game is still a trudge.

Depending on how long this takes me, I might re-examine my achievement whoring and make a new assessment on whether I should let this behaviour continue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Stupid bastard. I may have been playing too much Mass Effect recently but I really wouldn't have minded the choice about whether to do that or not.

lmao i totally agree on that point, as a ME fan myself i was very upset when cole went over to that junkies house during the cutscene. "uhhh what are we doing? why are the lights going off?" I was actually in denial that he did anything with her, until he pretty much admitted it to his wife... Other than that, i enjoyed his character.

I had some dislikes about the game, but for the most part it was good. That ending however was very lame, maybe i wouldn't of cared as much if it was Jack that died:p. Not to mention they have the NERVE, to let that roy douche talk at your funeral?

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

So I got the achievement for driving all 95 cars. Then I get the achievement for getting all 50 gold film reels, expecting to get the 100% completion achievement as well...but nothing. I check my stats and they say I have driven 94/95 cars. I check the showcase and all cars are showing up as driven. Anyone have this happen to them? Anyone know how to correct this?