Best way to farm legendary/set items on Inferno?

KriugerisLT

I assume stacking Nephalim Valor and killing bosses/elites. Played through most of Act I on Inferno Master II. No good legendary drops whatsoever.

Or is it just completely random? Diablo did drop on Hell (Normal) a set item for a Monk (Inna's Vast Expanse). And before killing Diablo, got the Shenlong Relentless Assault melee fist weapon, which is also a part of a set (green, lvl 60 etc, over 1.2k damage).

And playing on Inferno (Master II) - 0 drops. ('cept for a Legendary Ring called "Unity" which is pretty good).

Funny thing though, got a legendary pair of pants yesterday, with a property that "Makes me occasionally stink". I guess it pretty much sums up my luck :D

Edited by KriugerisLT

Just find an area that you like and play through it. I found tons of awesome legendaries in act 3 Inferno EASY. Set the quest to kill azmodan, then start at arreat crater 1 and work your way to Azmo. I did this for 15 or so hours grinding towards 5m gold and found some insane gear, allowing me to improve my character's DPS/survuvability so I could move on to the master difficulties.

Just find an area that you like and play through it. I found tons of awesome legendaries in act 3 Inferno EASY. Set the quest to kill azmodan, then start at arreat crater 1 and work your way to Azmo. I did this for 15 or so hours grinding towards 5m gold and found some insane gear, allowing me to improve my character's DPS/survuvability so I could move on to the master difficulties.

Thanks. Might try your idea, but I'm terrible at grinding, I get bored after an hour or two of doing the same over and over...

So far only 100k dps, but 42% Crt. chance. Really want to make the best Monk possible, so that I can move on to making another class.

P.S. - Anyone try to make the "Archon" set? Seen the recipe being sold by that brat in Act 2 in the Hidden Camp. Wondering if it's worth making.

Edited by KriugerisLT

You'll want to do an Alkaizer run this is my variation of it, start on Act 3 Inferno select the quest Heart of Sin: Kill Azmodan and do the following:

Run through the Core of Arreat then Town Portal

WayPoint to Tower of Damned Level 1, clear in a circle, Waypoint out

Waypoint to Keep Depths Level 1, enter Keep Depths Level 2, clear Town Portal

Way Point to Bridge of Korsikk

Leave game, rinse and repeat.

• 6 months later...

It is random random.. It's always a random drop but the second random is a second layer on percentage of likelihood. I have played through a bunch of times. Some plays I can go for hours and get maybe one or two legendary items. Other plays I have had maybe 10 or more legendary items drop in one hour. I have been at both extremes and everywhere in between with this more than once, so I am pretty confident this is how it works.

I honestly thought you were nuts when you said Inferno on Easy. Then I tried it and now I think you're a genius. I get about 70k+ gold & 3-5 legendaries per run, thank you so much. :D

• 2 weeks later...
I honestly thought you were nuts when you said Inferno on Easy. Then I tried it and now I think you're a genius. I get about 70k+ gold & 3-5 legendaries per run, thank you so much. :D

But the drops begin to be useless as you become more powerful and find better equipment. Good runs, though.

• 2 months later...