AT Launcherkills dosen't count??

SLEEPYvsPSYCHO

First off, AT launchers are RPGs, SMAWs, and Javelins. Stingers and SA-18s do not count. Second, you need at least one person inside the vehicle before it can be destroyed.

Think about it, if the assignment just called for destroying vehicles, wouldn't that mean that your teammates would simply destroy their own aircraft? ;)

Im trying to unlock the camo for the Scar-H. And it says "Destroy 5 air vehicles with AT Launchers" I destroyed ceveral choppers and one airplane and it still says 0/5..

Im using the Strela/stinger.. am I supposed to get airvehicles with the RPG??

Stinger is an AA launcher, you need to use an AT launcher (RPG/SMAW/Javelin)...

lol yeah it was enemyaircrafts with enemys in them :D

Can Javelin lock-on airvehicles? How?

And here I was wondering why randoms never fire on targets I've designated...

Anyway, I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but do you have the assignment unlocked yet? You have to complete the original Premium Engineer assignment first before you can do the new one.

my kindon for a perso who would lase the whole match.

i was actually just in a match where someone did, but unfortunately not only aircrafts.

when i 1st started carrying to jav, every once in a while i would see the square box, so once i tageted it and shot on lock. ha ha. easy points.

was wondering though, can i spawn as a recon plant the soflam, die and then relaunch as jav man and get kills that way? how long does the soflam last if im not recon?

thanks.

i was actually just in a match where someone did, but unfortunately not only aircrafts.

when i 1st started carrying to jav, every once in a while i would see the square box, so once i tageted it and shot on lock. ha ha. easy points.

was wondering though, can i spawn as a recon plant the soflam, die and then relaunch as jav man and get kills that way? how long does the soflam last if im not recon?

thanks.

Sadly no, the soflam disappears when you die, just like the tug-s does.

I cant say if that happens if you swap kits with a dead guy tho.

Sadly no, the soflam disappears when you die, just like the tug-s does.

I cant say if that happens if you swap kits with a dead guy tho.

It would work if you found a Recon that was using the SOFLAM. After you killed him you could pick up his kit, place the SOFLAM, then pick your kit back up and fire some Javelins.

But that being said you would have to pretty much kill the Recon player in the spot you want to put the SOFLAM so you could quickly pick your kit back up.

Ever since the patch in June I have noticed that kits disappear a lot quicker now, I do it quite frequently. If I kill a Recon player and no one is around I usually pick up his kit to put a TUGS or MAV down. I like the fact that you can switch kits on the fly, very helpful when no one throws ammo down and a support guy dies next to you. Plus you get all those extra points!

It would work if you found a Recon that was using the SOFLAM. After you killed him you could pick up his kit, place the SOFLAM, then pick your kit back up and fire some Javelins.

But that being said you would have to pretty much kill the Recon player in the spot you want to put the SOFLAM so you could quickly pick your kit back up.

Ever since the patch in June I have noticed that kits disappear a lot quicker now, I do it quite frequently. If I kill a Recon player and no one is around I usually pick up his kit to put a TUGS or MAV down. I like the fact that you can switch kits on the fly, very helpful when no one throws ammo down and a support guy dies next to you. Plus you get all those extra points!

Just as I thought.

Exactly! ;)

I noticed this too! I used to grab Assault kits off the ground to revive team/squadmates all the time, but I find it very hard to do now, I wish DICE would change that back.

• 4 weeks later...

Love the King Lear, I can just hear the old man's voice now. :p

As a recon dude, I'll SOFLAM it up if in a squad or team that is actively using the targeting. Otherwise I stick with my faithful TUGS. I name him Tugger.

But find in most random games it's a wasted gadget spot for me as I use the TUGS far more effectively lone wolfing. Randoms don't seem to know what the hell that glowing diamond means :( if it shows up at all.

I got my 5 AT kills with the SMAW and RPG, it was pretty straight forward since I wasn't in a rush and just looked for idiot pilots. Some are so willing to oblige flying low and slow, they just don't know it. :)

• 2 months later...

The fastest way to achieve this, would be a Soflam and Javelin combo. If you play rather public games alone, I would try this at Gulf of Oman. On the highest building may be snipers with soflams. Got this assignment with the RPG/Smaw... but the Javelin is almost a guarantee to get this in 1-2 games.

Edited by Fenriswolf