Rainbow 6: Vegas 2

MCSS Aerocoupe

not sure is a new thread is needed, but this was officially announced today with a screenshot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ubisoft Antes Up With Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas 2

Team Rainbow Returns to Celebrate10th Anniversary of Rainbow Six Franchise in Sin City in 2008

San Francisco — November 20, 2007 — Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that it is developing Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Vegas 2 for next-generation consoles and PC. Developed at Ubisoft Montreal by the same team that created the award-winning Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas, the highly anticipated sequel is scheduled for a March 2008 release. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is the sixth iteration in the wildly successful Rainbow Six franchise which celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2008 with more than 16 million units sold worldwide to date.

“Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas took the gaming world by storm in 2006 thanks to its technological advances and gameplay innovations,” said Yves Guillemot, president and chief executive officer at Ubisoft. “We are convinced that Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will remain a pioneer in the highly competitive first person shooter genre, bringing more of what Rainbow Six fans love to the table.”

The highly anticipated sequel to the winner of numerous awards, including IGN’s 2006 Best First Person Shooter and Best Online Game, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will push the franchise to new heights by adding new gameplay features and even more stunning visuals. Players will encounter an intense solo campaign that uses new tactical possibilities in various locations around Sin City. As expected with one of the pioneer franchises for online multiplayer Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will also break new ground in both co-op and adversarial modes, while providing unprecedented interaction between the solo and multiplayer modes.

Article and screenshot are here: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15150/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Six-Vegas-2-Announced/

This game is going to be awesome! There was only one flaw with The first vegas, and there was no online campaign, only small missions. The multiplayer is going to be insane... now everybody knows of this game it will be a huge hit!

:confused: Then what is this achievement:

Vegas Champion 50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../home/images/common/gp-g.jpgCooperatively complete the Story Mode

Granted, you don't get an achievement for each mission online vs single player, but then again, neither does Gears or Halo 3. The Co-Op Story online is the same as offline, minus some cut scenes and video clips on your hud.

So now Rainbow Six is getting the GRAW sequel treatment =( I didn't think GRAW2 looked as good as a separate sequel could have, so I don't like the prospect of a second Vegas. If it works out nicely then it would be a game to get, but the story might be a bit crap since they will need some decent ideas to not repeat the previous game.

Yes, this is technically being discussed in your thread (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43206) but that thread has tons of speculation, since it was started in June. I merely started this one the day of the official announcement so that we'd have a thread that discussed Rainbow 6: Vegas 2, as opposed to wondering if the sequel would be Rainbow 6: New York, Miami, etc.

I am 2 achievements short of 1000/1000 of R6. As soon as the game realizes I've played every map of every mode at least twice, and I get to the rank of Elite, I'll be officially completed.

I dunno killah and aerocoupe, i started a thread a long time ago called New rainbow Six, and i thought that this would go in there. I could be wrong because one was asking what peple would want and if they would make it and then this one is about the new game, but the day the game was announced my thread turned into what this thread is. I dont know, i could very well be incorrect, I just trying to keep the thread post down and keep server space open for more important things

I got my copy of Official Xbox Magazine yesterday. OMG there is a ton of changes. Most notably, the P.E.C. system also counts your single player campaign for getting points, you can invite friends to Ranked games, terrorists will now also use shields.

One bummer is that Vegas 2's story time line starts before Vegas and ends after Vegas. So technically, Vegas 2 is a companion story of Vegas... prequel, co-quel, and sequel all wrapped up in one.

I pre-ordered my copy the day after the announcement. Can't wait for this game that screenshot leads me to believe that the enemies attachments are going to be noticable, with the laser sights and all. Any wonder if there gonna add more ranks to online or change it? Either way its gonna rule.

[ame=http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/Rainbow+six/video/x3pxya_trailer-de-rainbow-six-vegas-2_videogames]Video Trailer de Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - trailer, rainbow, six, vegas, 2 - Dailymotion Share Your Videos@@AMEPARAM@@value="

[/ame]

Det new video looks great.

Aeroscoupe good find. Does it say anything about keeping track of kills like call of Duty 4 and/or bungie.net What do you mean the PEC system counting points??????

According to OXM the PEC system will be similar to what is currently in place on Rainbow Six Vegas Multiplayer (i.e. you earn points to rank up and unlock weapons and skins) In Vegas 2 you will earn points both in the single player campaign and online so if you like to play MP games you will have a ton of skins and weapons to use against the AI in the single player campaign and visa versa.

According to OXM the PEC system will be similar to what is currently in place on Rainbow Six Vegas Multiplayer (i.e. you earn points to rank up and unlock weapons and skins) In Vegas 2 you will earn points both in the single player campaign and online so if you like to play MP games you will have a ton of skins and weapons to use against the AI in the single player campaign and visa versa.
Oh, that will be awseome. I hope that it is just as hard to rank up as it was in the first one, it took me so long to get my elite achievement. Its so satisfying, anyways sounds good, and cant wait.

P.S. thanks for clarifying that Jones