treasure locations?

RPG Master

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, those were the ones that gave me a fit to find as well. I had to do a lot of deep digging in the bowels of the internet to find information on them. I can help with most of them.

Short Sword level 1: Play as the dwarf, select chapter 2 (village of tristan?) not sure of name, right at the beginning of the level you'll see some houses at the top of the screen and a cap in the fencing, press up at this gap and you will enter a secret room, and one of the chests in this room should drop the sword.

If not just reload and try again until it does.

Hand Axe lvl 2: I'm not sure where I picked this one up, sadly, I got frustrated with trying to find the last few treasures and joined several online games and played for a bit and then quit out of them. Strangely, after one of these quick sessions I had somehow picked up the Hand axe level 2.

Circlet: Select the thief and you can steal one off of one of the sword wielding shadow elves. To steal dash into the enemy and an item will occasionally pop out.

Shield of Protection from evil: This is from game faqs: [stage 10-4 :- Battle Royal]

----------------------------

You will enter a shop after you defeat Ezerhorden. Stock up on LBOs and

Hammers.

[scene 1]

You will be running up a tower, with lots of encounters.

[scene 2]

The stage starts with you entering a hall. Directly down are two treasure

chests and some gems and cash, and of course, traps. The room at the top

is blocked with flames, and the second with lightning, which can be

turned off by moving to the right end of the room and opening the chests

there. Be careful of arrow traps between the two small flames. The two

rooms contains Bottle of Efreet, Ring of Djinn Summoning and Egg of

Wonder. You can see 4 Gargoyles as you proceed. If you do not have a

magical weapon or spells or rings you can lure them to the ceiling trap

and let the trap hit them. Behind the wall of ice between the Gargoyles

is a hidden room. Inside the room you can find a chest surrounded by ice

cones. That chest contains a Shield of Protection from Evil.

To get past the ice cones to get the shield I used the dwarf's cannonball move.

Hope this helps, sorry I couldn't be of more help with the Hand axe one.

For Hand Axe (lvl 2), go to the Forest of Despair (Stage 5-A). Then go to the cave shown in the video below at the 07:00 mark. Open the chests in the cave with a Thief and you'll find Hand Axe (lvl 2) in one of them. Hope this helps. Also, the video is not mine.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2pxW8b6i0]Let's Co-op with Schaly D&D: Shadow Over Mystara 02 - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Ookami Geister

Not wanting to start a new thread but could anyone provide any pointers on where to locate a level 1 hand axe, the last item I need for the 100%, would be greatly appreciated ^^

**EDIT**

Found it, turns out it's in the same place as the level 1 short sword, just need a different character to get it.

Edited by Silrath
No need for answering.

Hi ! I have an item missing from tower of doom and I can not put a hand on this.It's the item "figure." I finished the game with all 4 characters,clear all secret rooms and beat Flamewing but nothing helps.

Help me please! :)

Hope this helps you:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylm9C0kGJWI]Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - Where to Find the Figure in Tower of Doom - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by EstebanKane

I can't find the Ring of Invisibility on Shadow Over Mystara. Does anyone know where it is? I have found everything else in this game, but this ring eludes me! I am starting to wonder if it got it's name because the ring itself is invisible!

The Staff of Elemental Power can be found playing as the Magic User in the Cave of Rafael. When you start falling, instead of going to the left to the room with the dragon, hold right and you'll enter a third cave near the bottom. Staff is in a chest in this room. (might be other staffs that can come out of this chest as well, but SoEP for sure drops out of it).

As for the level 8 scroll, I got mine as a drop off a gargoyle in the final tower stages while playing as the Elf.

Shield of protection from evil is detailed a little higher up in a post by xRogue 5x.

As for the Holy Avenger, you're looking for Cursed Sword 2 in the cave in 5-B Forest of Despair. Have a cleric pick it up 7-8 times (he won't be able to pick it up, should just keep bouncing on the ground) and you'll get a huge notification that it has become the Holy Avenger, then just grab it as normal. You may need a second controller to do this.

Opps sorry about that thanks. I got those two. I beat the game with every character and I noticed that I'm missing the Tiara and cleric's hat. I went through the game twice with the Elf and Cleric no luck. Any idea where they are? These are the only two I need.

This is a little weird, but the easiest way to get those two is by... what you name your characters. Apparently the game uses some kind of formula of assigning point values to letters, then tallying it up to assign a "type" to your character on start up. That type then gives you a specific starting item. There's a more detailed explanation of it (not my work) on gamefaqs.com in one of the guides there.

All that said, if you create a cleric with the name "Jacob" it will start you with the cleric's hat, and for the tiara create an elf with the name "Lynn".

Shield of protection from evil is detailed a little higher up in a post by xRogue 5x.

As for the Holy Avenger, you're looking for Cursed Sword 2 in the cave in 5-B Forest of Despair. Have a cleric pick it up 7-8 times (he won't be able to pick it up, should just keep bouncing on the ground) and you'll get a huge notification that it has become the Holy Avenger, then just grab it as normal. You may need a second controller to do this.

Why may you need a second controller?

The Staff of Elemental Power can be found playing as the Magic User in the Cave of Rafael. When you start falling, instead of going to the left to the room with the dragon, hold right and you'll enter a third cave near the bottom. Staff is in a chest in this room. (might be other staffs that can come out of this chest as well, but SoEP for sure drops out of it).

As for the level 8 scroll, I got mine as a drop off a gargoyle in the final tower stages while playing as the Elf.

Ugh...not a random drop......

I am missing lvl 5, lvl 6, and lvl 8....where can I find them?

Why may you need a second controller?

Will need a cleric to keep picking up the sword to transform it, won't actually let him hold it. Then you will need another class to pick up the holy avenger, don't know if it will let the cleric pick it up since they can't use swords. So it might be necessary to have the cleric on controller two and any sword user on controller one to make sure it counts.

Edited by RPG Master

Ugh...not a random drop......

I am missing lvl 5, lvl 6, and lvl 8....where can I find them?

Already answered where I found 8 in the post you quoted. 5 I also got quite commonly from gargoyles. 6 I got as a drop from ghouls in the chimera level just before the gnome village.

Does anyone know where to get the Ring of Invisibility?

Will need a cleric to keep picking up the sword to transform it, won't actually let him hold it. Then you will need another class to pick up the holy avenger, don't know if it will let the cleric pick it up since they can't use swords. So it might be necessary to have the cleric on controller two and any sword user on controller one to make sure it counts.

I have confirmed that as a cleric if you merely attempt to pick it up, it counts as getting it. Meaning, as solo cleric you get the sword, attempt to pick it up several times, once it's the Holy Avenger TRY to pick it up, you'll drop it but still get credit.