The Official Bitching Thread

Crimson Ridley

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completed the game last night and I personally thought it had the possibility of being a great game but for me it was just decent. Nothing more or nothing less.

I haven't poked into any other difficulties at the moment, I simply completed it on normal to see what I was working with. With that done, I'm not really sure I want to grind through a game that I thought was decent.

One of the peeves I had playing the game was no interaction in the middle except the same old kill/knockout routine throughout the level and head onto the new part. There was nothing in the middle to make you explore a bit more or try something else. It was linear and had the same routine going throughout the whole game which after a while, it started dragging. Now and again a nice cutscene was added in to inform you of what's ahead, but it became the same, point A to B with the same routine and system you had used throughout. The only way to void this was to perform a accidental kill which mixed it up a little. But even with that, you scored points for the accidental skill but still lost a few points because you killed (I forget the name of the armed guards throughout the levels, they had a name when you killed them) some guards who were armed and against you. It's another thing I never understood in which you lost points for killing people who were against you with guns. I understand you could cancel these points out if you hid the body or something else similar. I understannd Hitman takes contracts of a certain person in which they must complete the contract of that same person, but if there's armed guards in your way attempting to apprehend/kill you, why would you lose points for preventing them from getting at you first? Especially towards the end when they were on the edge because they know you were coming, but I didn't understand why points were lost for taking them out. I do understand that the point system determined what type of Hitman you was, but I think it could of been something that was looked into a lot closer.

** SPOILER BELOW **

Towards the end, after all the build up of tracking down Dexter, the climax was somewhat minimal. You track the whole game in search for him for me to climb a ladder and shoot him. That's it. Much like Travis, you don't get anything from him, you go through the last level, kill those three smart looking guys off and you blow up the door to the Church (?). That's it. So throughout the game you spend all this time hoping and assuming there's much more to it, but instead you're given nothing except the ability to just kill them. It brought closure for 47, but for me, when it happened I had expected a lot more and when it did happen, I was left on edge thinking there'd be more to it, but there wasn't.

** END SPOILER **

All in all, it was a decent game for me but a game that left me on the edge all the time, not because of a cliffhanger, but because I expected more to certain parts which just didn't give anything from it.

• 1 month later...

- Everytime I read my objectives - secondary ones not main, it keeps reading out the main one.

- Not being able to look through a keyhole on the other side of a door.

- Disguise prevents from me exploring because I am too close.

-The score in the corner is annoying.

- During a level I had a score of -140, as I had knocked someone out, I then went to a checkpoint and activated it, then a found box so went back to get body and hid them, score now 0. I made a mistake, so restarted at checkpoint score is -140 but body is no longer knocked out they are walking!

Edited by cjdavies

• 4 weeks later...

The disguises are the only thing I really dislike about the game. It's dumb to think that every police officer or guard knows EVERY single other one.

I'm also not a huge fan of the way the levels are split up into smaller sections, the same way Max Payne 3 was, but I guess this is probably just due to the Xbox not being able to handle huge open areas brimming with detail.

Fucking stupid freezing shit. Had completed the story on medium, and was going through collecting the evidence and doing the challenges, when my game froze as I was restarting a checkpoint. Had at least 70-75 challenges, and was going through the missions getting any evidence I had missed (was at Death Facility). All lost now because I have a corrupted save.

What is the point in additional checkpoint system for yourself, when it fucks you over?!

I'm in the Library, I cleared most of the Police to make it easier for myself, I save at a checkpoint, I mess up, I restart checkpoint - all the Police I took out are still walking around, I'm in a worse position now - never going to finish the game at this rate!! No way doing a second playthrough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Fucking stupid freezing shit. Had completed the story on medium, and was going through collecting the evidence and doing the challenges, when my game froze as I was restarting a checkpoint. Had at least 70-75 challenges, and was going through the missions getting any evidence I had missed (was at Death Facility). All lost now because I have a corrupted save.

I'm starting to have that freezing problem too actually...its weird because I never had that problem before. Also is there a guide anywhere that shows how to complete all the challenges in a given level? maybe its on here and i havent found it yet perhaps :-| ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Apparently, some people can see from across the frickin' map and be like "Hey, that guy is totally suspicious! Let me follow you around for half a minute and completely blow your cover."

And sometimes they know exactly where you kill somebody, so they decide they're going to come over to your area and check it out.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Granted, video games are stories set in, sometimes, fantastic scenarios and some suspension of disbelief is required. No problem. But I HATE when a game deviates from it's own "rules" to satisfy developer laziness.

So, I'm navigating the hallways of a convent during a massacre and three thugs in the building are walking around with gas masks on. No one questions it. But when I put the gas mask on, suddenly it's the only thing in the fuc&in' world the criminals in that building can focus on, and they all apparently think it needs to die.

Is that the only way these devs could make their game hard? By jettisoning the functionality of a feature that they built into the game as a tactic?

Terrible showing Square Enix. Last Hitman game I'll buy. Sorry I didn't wait for this turd to float up on Games With Gold. I flushed money for this.

Edited by FPSnoob2012
auto-correct is crap

I'm also not a huge fan of the way the levels are split up into smaller sections, the same way Max Payne 3 was, but I guess this is probably just due to the Xbox not being able to handle huge open areas brimming with detail.

Some of the levels are LONG. I like that you can go to a section right away instead of playing the whole level again, like if you wanted to redo assassinations at the end of Hunter and Hunted.

Aside from the saves glitching (thank god I got a compatible flash drive for Dead Space 3 hardcore), I like this game. Disguises not working well is annoying, but without it there'd hardly be a challenge. My main gripe would be how killing or knocking out everyone besides a target lowers your score - on a lot of the levels above Medium, it's almost impossible to NOT do.

• 2 months later...

Just some complaints....

I hate how enemies know you're using a disguise. I understand that a bald guy running around in a police uniform/suit is quite noticeable, but seriously, not every fucking cop/thug know each other.

It makes me mad when I'm masked and they still 'know' you're there.

It's annoying that the game insists that you clear out an area before opening a door to the next section if you mess up just a bit. So what if the enemies are shooting, I'm at the door and they're somewhere else: let me go to the next section without having to deal with them.