Serial Killer IDs

Vulx

The IDs you collect belong to those of historic Serial Killers... Here is a list of the IDs and their real life counterparts.

ID #1 - D. R. Berkowitz

David Berkowitz aka The Son of Sam... killed 6 people.

ID #2 - J. L. Dahmer

Jeffrey Lionel Dahmer... killed 17 people.

ID #3 - E. Theodore Gein

Edward Theodore Gein... killed at least 2 people.

ID #4 - Henry L. Lucas

Henry Lee Lucas... killed at least 11 people.

ID #5 - R.T. Chase

Richard Chase... killed 6 people.

ID #6 - A. C. Wuornos

Aileen Wuornos... killed 7 people.

ID #7 - A. H. DeSalvo

Albert DeSalvo... killed 13 people.

ID #8 - A. H. Fish

Albert Fish... killed at least 4 people.

ID #9 - Karla L. Homolka

Karla Homolka... involved in numerous rapes and murders.

ID #10 - O. Elwood Toole

Ottis Toole... killed at least 6 people.

ID #11 - Robert C. Bundy

Ted Bundy... killed at least 30 people.

ID #12 - K. A. Bianchi

Kenneth Bianchi... killed 12 people.

ID #13 - J. W. Gacy

John Wayne Gacy... killed at least 33 people.

ID #14 - Arthur L. Allen

Arthur Leigh Allen... suspect in the Zodiac murders, killed at least 5 people.

ID #15 - Robert W. Pickton

Robert Pickton... killed at least 6 people.

Nearly all of these killers have inspired movies and other media.

Edited by Vulx

Yes I did. It didn't really hit me until I seen J.W. Gacy, John Wayne Gacy who buried 30 bodies in his crawl space. When people would complain of the smell, he said it was his septic tank that over flowed.

I wonder who else they have and how they tie into the story.

I noticed after the second ID. It said Arthur L. Allen, which I recognized as the prime suspect in the Zodiac killings. This would be kind of creepy to most people but I think its pretty cool haha...wish I remembered whose name was on the first ID though.

brilliant, i'll now make it my goal to kill 13 people carving a single symbol into each of them D-E-A-D-L-I-G-H-T-D-L-C-?

Well... we've already have the BTK Killer... the DLC Killer doesn't seem that farfetched.

I agree. It was interesting but I don't get the relevance. I almost wish there was more historical significance there, like in the memories section having a bio and information about the person. Not just a random ID that happens to be a serial killer.

Read the diary. the guy is certifiable. maybe its his twisted psyche?

well my original thought was that they were going to pull a full twist on us and there never were any zombies, Randal was just nuts and he killed his wife and kid and created this twisted evil world in his head to justify it all. i figured that was the reason for stuff like the ID's and the fact that his diary is mysteriously scattered all across the world....even in his own dreams....but nope instead it just turns out they wanted to throw in some killer shout outs

well my original thought was that they were going to pull a full twist on us and there never were any zombies, Randal was just nuts and he killed his wife and kid and created this twisted evil world in his head to justify it all. i figured that was the reason for stuff like the ID's and the fact that his diary is mysteriously scattered all across the world....even in his own dreams....but nope instead it just turns out they wanted to throw in some killer shout outs

This is better than what they actually did.

such an odd collectible to have in the game, they even included pictures if you look at the IDs through the memories section

The pictures are actually members of the development team. Using the pictures of the actual killers could be considered... obscene.

Kind of neat but i dont understand their relevance to the game? Are the corpses that you find all the ids on supposed to be the cereal killers themselves? It sure was nice of all those cereal killers to drop dead in a neat linear path along Vancouver.

Cereal? They killed Captain Crunch! And no. They're not all killers. It's just the IDs themselves. And it's Seattle. Not Vancouver.

But seriously. It's S-E-R-I-A-L killers.

Read the diary. the guy is certifiable. maybe its his twisted psyche?

Yeah. Is it just me? Or did his diary make it sound like he was actually the one killing people in the forest? He mentioned animal attacks at one point. But later he mentions what he "had to do" to those two girls. I forget the page number. But he mentions that her had to do it because animals defend their territory. And he was defending his. On the same page. If you ask me, his paranoia (mentioned in the page about the bar where he waited for Ben). Lack of social skills/antisocial behavior (Ben is his only friend in all of Hope? Really??) And the previous page I mentioned, make him fit the profile of a serial killer almost perfectly.

If that is true, it would explain both:

SPOILERS!!! Why he didn't hesitate at all to kill his wife and daughter /END SPOILERS!!!

and

The real meaning behind the serial killer IDs and the connection as to why they claim to have put them in the game.

I'll have to shoot an email to the art director (he's on my facebook page) and ask him if that's true. Because now it really seems like it could be more than possible.

Edited by ThePumpkinKing

Well the Rat Man frequently talks about hell, and Randall says he's in hell a few times throughout the game. I don't think it's supposed to be taken literally, but maybe all the serial killers indicate that this is a "wrath of god" type of apocalypse.

Edited by Guy Who Rages
Typos

Well the Rat Man frequently talks about hell, and Randall says he's in hell a few times throughout the game. I don't take it's supposed to be taken literally, but maybe all the serial killers indicate that this is a "wrath of god" type of apocalypse.

re-read his diary. pay particularly close attention to pages 17-18 & 29-30. trust me when I say they're connected.

• 2 weeks later...

I only noticed when I went back to mop up the last collectibles I missed. I didn't really pay attention when playing through the game, I just assumed the ID's were a method of getting the game's credits in.

Oh and as for the pics, I know a lot about serial killers but I wouldn't recognise most of them from pictures, regardless that the pics arent real the Wuornos ID's pic actually looks like a younger, attractive version of Aileen.

As for the protagonist, he's obviously disturbed. Antisocial, identified more with nature and animals than with human beings etc. BUT:

Wow... Has it really not dawned on anyone else that the game's protagonist, the guy we're playing as, is a sociopath?

Not true. He isn't a sociopath. It's not exactly a big deal (no bigger than the guy in this thread who mentioned 'cereal killers' anyway :p) but sociopaths have no capacity to understand the emotions of others beyond using them to their own ends. The game's protagonist (Randal is it?) isn't a sociopath because despite his hallucinations and what he realizes at the end of the game he actually loved his family. Misuse of the word sociopath (which isn't even used medically these days) is a little pet peeve of mine, the same way some people get about the universal misunderstanding of the concept of irony.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...