Rooftop rumble remake?? (whats your take on it??)

REHJR1974

Ok since rockstar decided to make new coke version and out the old one. what do you think of this new rooftop rubble my friends have dubbed it? a couple play it in their tanks. but i just use my chopper instead. less of a chase down of the documents. (when the car doesn't explode or the documents magically vanish??) me thinks a few glitches may need patching as with any update. i really wouldnt mind if they switched it back to the old rooftop rumble until this one was fixed. not bad really for a challenge. (if you like a challenge. or let us choose between the 2. 1 and 2? sounds good. so whats your take? do you like the new one?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see a lot of people will hate the new version, simply because it's more than likely going to take more than the 3 minutes it used to. That's going to cut into their grinding efficiency. A part of me kind of feels the same way, I've just become used to getting enough money for things whenever I wanted.

But let's be honest, this was always going to happen at some point. It's easy to forget that this is a rank 75 mission after all, and the payout compared to the ease of completion was always a little odd. This change doesn't really make it much harder (a lot of the difficulty at the moment is just getting used to the change) and with a competent group the car with the document can be stopped almost straight away. It is going to make doing the mission solo a bit more tricky though.

i personally hate it, now takes longer for the payout, expecially with the new update meaning you want more cash quick so you can buy cars or upgrades etc, only really the only the mission i play because i want the cash to buy some expensive cars and now its going to take longer because of the changes

took me 6 games to realise the changes, i wondered why i was spawning 2 miles away all of a sudden didnt cotton on that it was nerfed....sort of

Ok since rockstar decided to make new coke version and out the old one. what do you think of this new rooftop rubble my friends have dubbed it? a couple play it in their tanks. but i just use my chopper instead. less of a chase down of the documents. (when the car doesn't explode or the documents magically vanish??) me thinks a few glitches may need patching as with any update. i really wouldnt mind if they switched it back to the old rooftop rumble until this one was fixed. not bad really for a challenge. (if you like a challenge. or let us choose between the 2. 1 and 2? sounds good. so whats your take? do you like the new one?

Honestly I made a shitload speedruns for this mission and every single way (car/motorcycle shortcuts, chopper/buzzard and parking garage glitch) before 1.13 but now for me it's FUBAR and I rather play/prefer COVETED and STOCKS N SCARES! Screw Rooftop Rumble...

I'm glad Rooftop Rumble has been changed, it had become too much of a joyless cash farm.

When I play GTA Online, I select Quick Job > Contact Mission from my phone to play some Missions with randoms. It's mixes things up and makes it's good fun to see how different People approach different Missions while looking at their Vehicles, rating how good they are and how they drive e.t.c.

Ideally I'd like to complete the 10 to 15 best time/cash ratio Missions in a constant rotation with different Players, however unfortunately over the last 6-8 weeks Rooftop Rumble has dominated the Quick Job > Contact Mission Option and made the Game less fun for me.

GTA Online has been available to play for well over 6 Months now, so everyone should have had ample opportunity to Rank Up and get rich before these changes were made.

Alternatives to Rooftop Rumble, as mentioned in the GTA Online Tips & Tricks Guide:

Contact > Martin Madrazo

Mixed Up With Coke = $13,500 in 4 minutes.

Defender & Extradition = $15,000+ in 5 to 6 Minutes.

Check Out Time, Out Of Court Settlement + Editor & Thief = $6,750/$7,500 in 3 minutes.

Contact > Lester

Bust Out & Stocks and Scares have the best Cash to Time ratio's.

Edited by Boomerang Cat

Alternatives to Rooftop Rumble, as mentioned in the GTA Online Tips & Tricks Guide:

Contact > Martin Madrazo

Mixed Up With Coke = $13,500 in 4 minutes.

Defender & Extradition = $15,000+ in 5 to 6 Minutes.

Check Out Time, Out Of Court Settlement + Editor & Thief = $6,750/$7,500 in 3 minutes.

Contact > Lester

You forgot two if you getting bored of these, I like to play them a lot too:

METHOD IN MADNESS and CHOPPER TAIL.

Method In Madness (Trevor)> +5000RP and $17.250 (Hard) > about 5min. if your team splits!

Chopper Tail (Trevor)> +3700RP and $17.250 (Hard) > about 5min.

Also TRASH TALK is easy too when you have a buzzard helicopter!

Contact > Lester

...and COVETED!!!

Also keep in mind that most mission take even longer now since they got rid of the direct-spawn-locations. I think Coveted, Mixed Up With Coke and Stocks N Scares are still good. It always depends.

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

id have preferred it if R* had just tweaked all the other lvl 60+ missions to pay out 17-25k$ per run (depending on length) to balance out the higher up missions a bit more instead of tweaking just 1 mission that doesn't exactly make it that much harder just more annoying

On second thought it's not that bad either:

1. Simply stay in your car and only use STICKY BOMBS blow shit up without worrying to destroy anything.

2. The two squad-cars mostly come/spawn from the same direction. Piece of cake with STICKIES too.

3. The guy with the document spawns also most of the time at same location (close to the bridge/police station).

4. As soon as he dropped the document EVERYTHING IS FINE, just bring it to Martin since THERE ARE NO MORE CHASERS so take your fucking time.

Funny though how they still say "THE DOCUMENT HAS BEEN DROPPED" although it's driving away and also the guy's vehicle with the document has less armor than a bicycle. Half a clip of the mini-uzi and BOOOM!!!

On second thought it's not that bad either:

1. Simply stay in your car and only use STICKY BOMBS blow shit up without worrying to destroy anything.

2. The two squad-cars mostly come/spawn from the same direction. Piece of cake with STICKIES too.

3. The guy with the document spawns also most of the time at same location (close to the bridge/police station).

4. As soon as he dropped the document EVERYTHING IS FINE, just bring it to Martin since THERE ARE NO MORE CHASERS so take your fucking time.

Funny though how they still say "THE DOCUMENT HAS BEEN DROPPED" although it's driving away and also the guy's vehicle with the document has less armor than a bicycle. Half a clip of the mini-uzi and BOOOM!!!

could always use a pistol to try take him out instead, less shots fired and hopefully a 1 shot 1 kill with a headshot

also fear using quick match for rooftop rumble, I keep getting people who think throwing sticky bombs at the document car is a good idea lol

could always use a pistol to try take him out instead, less shots fired and hopefully a 1 shot 1 kill with a headshot

also fear using quick match for rooftop rumble, I keep getting people who think throwing sticky bombs at the document car is a good idea lol

Right or that. Watch out though if you blow up yourself could be very expensive.

Well so far all I do is the hard-killing at beginning, blow everything up and kill the guy with the document fast so he's close-by, then I simply wait till someone of the randoms players grab the document and drive it to Martin. Saves me the boring ride. There are plenty low-levels out there who wants to do the driving since they can't start up the mission by themselves. Works fine!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashleyc http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/images/Main/buttons/viewpost.gif

One thing that does amuse me is that they've made the effort to make changes to Rooftop Rumble.. and there still isn't a single rooftop involved.

Its because they got the names mixed up with the mission High Priority Case... Very true. just name it "Garage Document Repo".. lol

Edited by REHJR1974
quote and replied.

It is pretty much as easy as before once you get used to it and methods others posted here are good.

Just now though i started it and it spawned us in a guys apartment with no way of getting out..

Tell me about it. Game is really getting fucked up. Last RR mission I've played, we started right at the parking lot. Was about to enter my car and my dead body was at the steering wheel and I couldn't enter my personal vehicle, DAFUQ is that!? Everything else was fine.

It is pretty much as easy as before once you get used to it and methods others posted here are good.

Just now though i started it and it spawned us in a guys apartment with no way of getting out..

what like in his appartment house or behind the glass front door to the building? the 2nd has happened twice and the 1st keeps happening but you can exit via his door to leave or go to their garage

Tell me about it. Game is really getting fucked up. Last RR mission I've played, we started right at the parking lot. Was about to enter my car and my dead body was at the steering wheel and I couldn't enter my personal vehicle, DAFUQ is that!? Everything else was fine.

id love to see that happen to me just once :p

It sucks since they made the mission harder with no increase in RP or $ but nothing has changed in terms of how I play the mission. Kill everything then let the randoms under 75+ do the annoying work of chasing the car down and then driving the document to Martin's.

I consider myself am ambassador to the people of Los Santos in said process.

It sucks since they made the mission harder with no increase in RP or $ but nothing has changed in terms of how I play the mission. Kill everything then let the randoms under 75+ do the annoying work of chasing the car down and then driving the document to Martin's.

I consider myself am ambassador to the people of Los Santos in said process.

WOOORD!!! :blunt

You forgot two if you getting bored of these, I like to play them a lot too:

METHOD IN MADNESS and CHOPPER TAIL.

Method In Madness (Trevor)> +5000RP and $17.250 (Hard) > about 5min. if your team splits!

Chopper Tail (Trevor)> +3700RP and $17.250 (Hard) > about 5min.

Also TRASH TALK is easy too when you have a buzzard helicopter!

...and COVETED!!!

Also keep in mind that most mission take even longer now since they got rid of the direct-spawn-locations. I think Coveted, Mixed Up With Coke and Stocks N Scares are still good. It always depends.

50,000 and 37,000 rp?!?! Holy cow, is that the first time only? How much after the first time