Play ME1 before this and don't do comic (spoilers in this)

Katarn

I am playing my first play trough with the comic book scenario. I have bumped into a few side missions carry over points, and i do not like them. I am going to list the ones i find. If you find any please Personal message me, and i mean PM i might not see your post for weeks. Also i didn't see a thread for this.

Tali's pilgrimage: You didn't give her the data ergo no pilgrimage complete and the data might give you an edge in ME3.

Fist: He wasn't at the bar so i believe he is dead

Helena Blake: She's not there either so i believe she is dead

Kirrahe: Mordin says he's dead.

Gianna parsini: She is dead

Conrad verner: is dead

Cerberus dogs: The admiral Kahoku quest line, you never did the quest so you lost information on Cerberus and dialogue lines, which may impact later quest lines.

Bring down the sky dlc: Over the radio it says the hostages died

Rana Thanoptis: She's dead

The asari from zhus jope: She is dead to, sensing a pattern here

Zhu's hope: The colony failed, This is a big deal!

Nassana: You never met her.

Garrus didn't receive spectre training and is more of a paragon

Keepers: you didn't scan them

Emily Wong: you didn't help her

The reporter: you never met her and can't punch her in the 2nd game

The couple who isn't sure about implants for the kid: The paragon route, the baby didn't get the treatment

I will update this as i find more, please PM me if you have any.

Edited by Katarn

Most of these seem like minor questlines that I doubt will have much impact on ME3. The only reason they gave any mention in ME2 was so you could see some of the ramifications of your ME1 choices without impacting the overall story.

they may seem that way, but my opinion is that every little detail matters.

Like the quest in the first game. The one were ash meets the husband of service woman (i forget name) were you help him get his wife's body back or keep her for medical tests.

My opinion mass effect 3 is going to have a powerful weapon that helps you. And you don't have it a few key squad mates die. Just my take on it.

Also people want to know if they should play ME1 or skip it. This helps them make up there mind. Because in Mass effect ever minor quest counts.

I'm of the opinion that none of these will have any actual impact in ME3, but there's no reason whatsoever to skip Mass Effect 1. I know I'd hate knowing Tali didn't get the data or I never helped Kahoku.

Agreed 100%! The Genesis comic was great for PS3 owners. However for Xbox owners there really is no excuse to NOT play ME1. This is one of those rare series where playing the first game is a requirement for 100% satisfaction and experience. I seriously felt as if someone stole something from me when I played ME2 for my PS3 and had to use the Genesis comic. I mean im grateful, but damn.

• 2 weeks later...

They kept the husbands wife to do tests on her wounds so they can come up with a way to protect humans better against the geth. So no they won't have a powerful weapon in ME3 if you don't let the alliance keep his wife. It would be better armor or a shield aka something to protect yourself not to attack the geth better. The special protection you are supposed to have if you let them run the tests wasn't in ME2 so it won't be in ME3. IF all these small things were going to matter in ME3 then they would have put those decisions in genesis so they could carry over to ME2 and then ME3. Bioware wouldn't compromise their whole story just because they couldn't release ME1 on PS3. The only decisions that are going to matter in the grand scheme of things are the ones that are included in genesis. If the decision is important and meant to carry over to ME3 then it would have been in genesis. It's unrealistic to expect them to be able to include every little choice you've made from ME1 to ME2 and to ME3. They have only had 2 years to work on ME3. Plus why would they include these little choices if the outcome doesn't even help you stop the reapers? This is the last game in the trilogy. It's all about closer. They are going to tie up all the lose ends not make you ask more questions after the credits roll. The examples that you have givin' prove that those little choices won't be carrying over to ME3. If somebody can't help you stop the reapers then they probably are going to die like all of your examples point out or maybe they haven't been hanging out in the same bar for 2 years that's why they aren't there in ME2. Just because fist isn't there doesn't mean he is dead. 2 years is a long time maybe he went somewhere else, like earth so he can be in ME3. The reapers are trying to wipe out the human race so why would bioware have insignificant characters running around? You gave examples of them being resolved in ME2 so how can they carry over to ME3? I forgot to mention your wrong about the reporter that you help by giving her fists OSD. I had to do my first playthrough of ME2 without a ME1 save because it got deleted and I did meet her and I was able to punch her in the face in ME2 even though I didn't help her in ME1. It doesn't make any sense that you helping her in ME1 would affect anything anyway. It makes more sense that weather you help her or not in ME1 that she would still be doing her reporting on the crime syndicate and you would still be able to talk to her and punch her because she would still be doing her job. You think that just because she doesn't get help from one person that she would just stop doing her job? Also even if you don't help her in the first game she could still here about you in the second because you are famous and she's a reporter.

Edited by rapture23

• 2 weeks later...

playing through ME2 right now on this new profile - couldn't stomach getting 1200 on mass effect 1 again (sorry loyalists - 3 playthroughs was enough for me.) i used the comic obviously so major decisions could carry over and for the most part, i can't say i care too much about those small missed opportunities from the first game. although i'd love to punch out that reporter again, life goes on yknow? if i was allowed to hit a woman everytime i wanted to i wouldn't be on these message boards! (joke.) seriously though, the only choices im kind of bummed over are the colony at zhus hope, tali getting her data and after playing the ME3 demo - kirrahi being dead.

• 4 weeks later...