Intel Locations

Cyrex

hey...

instead of running trought an whole map start the map , and when in game push start - options - cheats there will be a msg that shows you this :

You have found # of # enemy intel items in this mission.

Cheats are only avialable for those that has finished the game once.

thx for the guide :)

Thanks I beat the game on normal, and veteran. I went through it on veteran with the intel locations by my side. Got to the end and only had 29 of 30. Thanks this will help me find that last one I'm missing.

Now I just need to sky dive to safety on veteran.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed so. Try this one out:

1. Go through it on Recruit or Regular.

2. Drop off McMillan at his little camper spot behind the wheel

3. During his 30 second wait before he signals the Seaknight, sprint back to the area you just came from. There's a similar door on this corner that is also a spawn point at the end of a side alley. Wait out the checkpoint and helo drop here, until its about 1000 meters out.

4. Sprint back towards the other door that has the intel, and it should now be open, for the easy grab.

That method ^^^ worked for me. Hope it helps you too,

Props to roy1751 and PaleGringo... it took me 3 failed tries before learning about your run around method to get the door to open. Magically, it opened after running around. Also, I found this Youtube video showing when and how to run around... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNGdcEaf9Fc]YouTube - Call of Duty 4 Enemy Intel 23[/ame]

You could delete you save game data, backing it up first if you so wish and then you should be able to collect all the laptops again.

How can I clear the save completely? (Sounds stupid I know, but I just copied my save data onto a separate memory card, removed it and deleted the CoD4 save data from my hard-drive, but when I load up the game it still loads my previous save game with mission select and showing I completed it all on veteran)

How can I clear the save completely? (Sounds stupid I know, but I just copied my save data onto a separate memory card, removed it and deleted the CoD4 save data from my hard-drive, but when I load up the game it still loads my previous save game with mission select and showing I completed it all on veteran)

i may sound like an absolute retard but is the memory card still connected? If not then i dont know what the problem is.

if you reloadd your memory card you load back what you have a problem with. Delete your save and "Back up" with the memory card to use later if you want to save it, start the game over completely without loading anything off of the memory card, go get the laptops, unlock the achievment, then if you wish load your origional stuff off of the memory card.

if you reloadd your memory card you load back what you have a problem with. Delete your save and "Back up" with the memory card to use later if you want to save it, start the game over completely without loading anything off of the memory card, go get the laptops, unlock the achievment, then if you wish load your origional stuff off of the memory card.

thanks for the idea i just followed what you said, worked very well. cheers

Yes. The game logs your intel immediately after you pick it up. This can be verified by picking up a piece of intel, dying, leading to you respawning at an earlier checkpoint (before you picked up the intel). Return to where the aforementioned piece of intel was and it won't be there.

exactly, one more way to confirm your latest intel is to

press start button -> select option on the pause menu -> select cheats

then you can see how many intels you've picked up in the current level and in total. it also shows the number of intels in each level. make sure your total number is increasing.

but BE CAREFUL!!! you don't want to enable any cheats before you get all 30 intels. so be attentive and not impatient after you select "cheats" , you may be very surprised when you see the cheats menu, just DON'T PRESS ANY BUTTONS but the D-pad. you can hit downward a few times to highlight the last cheat, which can be enabled with all 30 intel found, so next time when you get here again the highlight part will remain at the same place. (only with 30 intels found this one can be pressed, so basicly you won't immolate the ears and eyes achievement by a wrong pressing.)

I've tried both the recruit and regular difficulty several times but still got no clue of how to get the god-damned door opened.......

what I did was

1. put down the NPC somewhere else but not the his place

2. go "touch" the door (get close to the door)

3. place the NPC to the spot

4. kill the roll-in enemies till the their chopper reinforces show up

5. go to the door again

but I always found the door is still closed...... I wonder what I did wrong...

this is kinda frustrating and of course boring, anyone who had found this intel please help me! thanks

OK, I have had a play around for number 23 tonight and think for anybody struggling in future I have found the trigger.

There are 2 spawn doors in the final part of the level. The one thats closed which contains the intel and one further up where the enemy are respawning from anyway. I never waited for any of the helicopters so not sure if that really matters.

After setting Macmillan down, I ran up and past the closed door, ran around the corner so I was facing where the enemy were spawning from and ran up to the open door across from the pool. Once in the corridor there I took out any enemies that followed but no more spawned from there.

Instead, the intel door opened and the enemy were respwaning from there, I ran down and took out the ones in front of me, picked up the intel and quit the game. I think the key is that if you block off one spawn point the other opens. I have done this 4 times now with the same result each time however if I stayed by the wheel, the door never opened for me.

i must be the thickest guy around atm.. coz im sure im doing this and it keeps loading up my old stuff.. Anyone please help or retype it again and maybe im missing something?

but wont erasing HD completely wipe every Other save game File on the Xbox? or can i still Transfer what data i want to keep over to the memory card and put it back on the HD when done? btw thx for replying :D

Edit* - I just wiped my HD again (oh before i carry on i put some Save game data on the memory card before wiping HD since i didnt wanna loose my Darkness data etc..) I wiped the HD and had to get my Xbox live username back again..(which took ages) after i got my Live account back and i checked system Storage and i had nothing in there.. went to play COD4 again in hope everything had been reset but STILL! its all there? i dont even know how that could be possible.. plz help? lol..

well it sounds to me like you did everything right Beyond that I have no clue maybe try it with a different game disc??? I know that doesnt make sense but that is all I can think of. so when you load up COD4 there is no saved game information but the intel items are still not there? I cant imagine that xbox live account would save that sort of information you would think that would be in your memory I would go to the COD4 web page or IW webpage and see if they have an answer there

Yes. The game logs your intel immediately after you pick it up. This can be verified by picking up a piece of intel, dying, leading to you respawning at an earlier checkpoint (before you picked up the intel). Return to where the aforementioned piece of intel was and it won't be there.

very good information