Made by Japanese company, but not in 'JRPG style'.

So, any game that's an RPG made in Japan is a JRPG? It's not a JRPG, end of story. Not sure how anyone could think it is.

Edit: Oh, a Gamespot forum post with no links or anything, just a few sentences of opinion. I'm convinced!

Made by Japanese company, but not in 'JRPG style'.

I know that. Floyd's just being pissy.

So, any game that's an RPG made in Japan is a JRPG? It's not a JRPG, end of story. Not sure how anyone could think it is.

Edit: Oh, a Gamespot forum post with no links or anything, just a few sentences of opinion. I'm convinced!

I thought you were the one convincing me? But it's okay Floyd, if you want to get your panties in a bunch over what I believe to be the classification of a game made in 2011 then that's fine by me.

Rawr! No need to sound so angry. We're not going to go anywhere but under each other's skins so how bout we drop it.

Yay, I win!

I didn't say you won. I just made reference that if you were going to rustle hairs over it I wasn't going to get into it.

Rawr! No need to sound so angry. We're not going to go anywhere but under each other's skins so how bout we drop it.

And this is why I didn't keep going.

Aww, and I was just about to link a forum post that supported my opinion.

Lol because that's more convincing than me linking a Gamespot forum post :rolleyes:

-------------

Back on topic, Halo 2 Grind is super annoying. RNG seems to be all over the place in H2 even more than the others.

Looks like I gotta play Monaco now that all my friends are doing it...

It remains to be seen how it compares to Dark Souls, which is JRPG perfection in my eyes. LotF has big shoes to fill, especially when I got Dark Souls for $5 ;)

Not to stir the pot again, but in the Design Book for the game when the director and creators are interviewed, they even say that they are attempting a Western/European RPG experience.

You are obviously still fully free to consider it a JRPG, I really don't care either way ;), but I thought you might want to know that the creators were emulating of a different region of the planet when designing the game.

Looks like I gotta play Monaco now that all my friends are doing it...

Not to stir the pot again, but in the Design Book for the game when the director and creators are interviewed, they even say that they are attempting a Western/European RPG experience.

You are obviously still fully free to consider it a JRPG, I really don't care either way ;), but I thought you might want to know that the creators were emulating of a different region of the planet when designing the game.

Yeah, Dark Souls really isn't a JRPG, regardless if it was made in Japan... Unless you're being picky and not talking as a genre, theres similarities, but it wasn't made as one.

Just got the challenges left to do on Family Guy then thats another easy but fun 1000G done, almost died on the final wave of the Multiverse Madness, heart stopped a little but frantically got a health pack consumed in time.

Edited by DaveBodom

Just have to finish the christmas DLC and I will be done with Saints Row: Re-elected (story-wise that is not 100%) and I plan to move on and run through either Halo 3 from the MCC or one of the games I picked up from the ultimate game sale (Temple of Osiris or Costume Quest). Then next week I will be distracted by Dragon Ball: Xenoverse! I can't wait

This is not related to the topic as i'm not listing a game. All I want to say is Thanks for using this thread as when I made it, I didn't think it would get this popular as it was a little idea that I had just to see what fellow gamers were playing!

WOW!

lol no problem. I love this thread. I visit it once a day. You should get a A plus stamp for it.

Well, I was going to start Amy today, against the better judgment of every gamer in the world, except for the sadists who chose a survival horror game for the stealth/assassination challenge club. But my internet went to pieces, and I hadn't transferred the license to my new console yet, so I was stuck with retail games on this my day off. So I went back to Condemned: Criminal Origins. I've completed it before, but I'm once again struck by what a good survival horror game it really is. Probably my all-time favorite SEGA title.

I just got the last mp achievement in Deadrising 2. When my challenge was loading i was so nervous. Then i was like "You can't go in scared or the other three players will stomp you. Get it together dammit." I did the event how a forum member said to do. I placed a full outfit on four nearby zombies, then i would add a piece of clothing to everyone else's zombies. This gave me a combo breaker every time. I won by a landslide. Then Tk's favorite popped. I screwed around a bit on the last event Slicecycles then i won by a landslide. Game saved and i exited mp.

Right now working on co op story with this cool chick on this site, and mowing down zombies in the SUV for the last 2 sp achievements "kill 53,596 zombies" and "kill 72,000 zombies". Both have to be done in one playthrough. Those are very tedious but alas soon i will have 1,000 in Deadrising 2.

Then I'll have 100% in Deadrising, Deadrising 2, Case 0, and Case West. Dont mention Off the record to me. I hate that game so much. Talk about a ripoff. I sold it long ago at 800 gs.

Edited by Deadsea 1993

Halfway through Gen 6 on Titanfall! Gen challeneges are progressively getting longer and so I can see myself being stuck at level 50 on this gen for a while!

Your feed comments inspired me to regen last night to.. Gen 3. :o

I had a quick game to get to rank 4 so I can use custom loadouts and then shut it off in favour of Plants Vs Zombies. :D